HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Tomas Kaberle Traded to Montreal for Jaroslav Spacek

Closed Thread

Old
12-09-2011, 04:15 PM
Krnage

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
If Kaberle and Gomez go on a breakway together....who shoots?
it doesn't matter...they will miss the net

Old
12-09-2011, 04:15 PM
Delat

Quote:
If Kaberle and Gomez go on a breakway together....who shoots?
I say dump it, Jacques would be proud.

Old
12-09-2011, 04:16 PM
larek

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHamps View Post
glad to see some level heads posting as the day wears on

this is a pretty good move IMO.

Cam-Plek-AK
Subban-Kaberle

Patches-DD-Cole
Emelin-Diaz

Those are two strong powerplay units if you ask me
were do you think ther is going to be room for Diaz with campoli coming back soon?
your proabably going to be bitterly dissapointed - really do you think kaberle is going to make su ch a big difference that even the 2nd PP unit will be improved ?? LOL - some Fans!! LOL

Old
12-09-2011, 04:17 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Trade sucks right now, but we know how he is and what he can do. I just hope he at least wakes up a little...

Old
12-09-2011, 04:18 PM
larek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delat View Post
I say dump it, Jacques would be proud.
Line change- gotta keep them crisp!

Old
12-09-2011, 04:18 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk Muller View Post
It didnt start to produce which made Boston win the Cup!!! It was the third worst PP in the post season last year. Only behind two teams with first round exits. If anything, Bostons trip to finals was hindered by their PP and made it harder for them to win it.

Their shorthanded play was more of a factor then their PP.

Its laughable you think such a brutal PP was the major factor of winning the cup.
you clearly missed my point.. I dont have the stats but their PP was indeed brutal before the last round, what Im saying is that it started to click early in the first round when Julien took the decision to play Seidenberg over Chara on the first PP unit, then you could see a different and improved PP, the puck was cycling faster and they could finally make the defensive box move finally creating quality scoring chances.. What Im saying is that their improved PP and CJ's audacious decision to take Chara off the first PP wave has made a difference, there is no way in my mind the Bruins win the Cup against the Nucks without a better and improved PP...

Old
12-09-2011, 04:19 PM
That Habs Fan
drive for 25's alive

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by larek View Post
were do you think ther is going to be room for Diaz with campoli coming back soon?
your proabably going to be bitterly dissapointed - really do you think kaberle is going to make su ch a big difference that even the 2nd PP unit will be improved ?? LOL - some Fans!! LOL
i see you've moved here since habfans.com booted you huh.

anywho, if Campoli's coming back just replace Diaz with him and our 2nd powerplay is even better.

I, and many others, were eagerly anticipating Spacek's return simply for that veteran presence and the fact it would ease everyone else's minutes. Kaberle will do that with added offensive/powerplay skill.

but hey, LOL is a much better argument.

Old
12-09-2011, 04:21 PM
larek

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHamps View Post
i see you've moved here since habfans.com booted you huh.

anywho, if Campoli's coming back just replace Diaz with him and our 2nd powerplay is even better.

I, and many others, were eagerly anticipating Spacek's return simply for that veteran presence and the fact it would ease everyone else's minutes. Kaberle will do that with added offensive/powerplay skill.

but hey, LOL is a much better argument.
HABfans is booting everyone who isnt sipping the Koolaid--
Like i said the proof will be in the pudding- lets make a friendly bet

Last edited by larek: 12-09-2011 at 04:28 PM.
Old
12-09-2011, 04:23 PM
InglewoodJack

I can see this as a rejuvenation of sorts. Face it– no one on the Carolina team this year is doing anything, save for maybe Skinner. Yeah, he played bad on Boston too, but I think a change of scenery might boost his game. He won't be the Kaberle that he was two or three years ago, but he can't be worse than Spacek. And that's coming from someone who appreciated Spacek and what he brought to the team.

Old
12-09-2011, 04:23 PM
NotProkofievian

Quote:
Just maybe because he didn't prove he could help the PP in Boston and in Carolina? Hey, if he does, great move. If he reduces the number of defensive blunders, it's a steal. Thing is the odds are not on his favour. But we've seen stranger things.....
Well, if the odds aren't in his favour, I don't think the odds-maker in question has done his best work.

He didn't make the Boston PP better, and he hasn't been terribly great in Carolina.

...but what do those teams have to do with our situation? Nothing. The problem with Kabs in Boston was he didn't have a finisher. Someone he could pass to that would result in "pass-bang-goal." That's all montreal has right now. Shooters. Cammi's probably one of the best finishers on the right wing with his one timer. We've got Kostitsyn who not only has a wicked shot, but is also a very good distributor. We've got Subban who's got an absolute rocket. We've got people to crash the net etc. So, the situations are different.

Kaberle passes, and we've got all kinds of guys to pass to.

I'm willing to say that this trade actually has much better odds than most people think.

Old
12-09-2011, 04:25 PM
Gabe84
Bring back Bonk!

Also... Kaberle is Czech.

Maybe Plekanec will stop pouting now?

Old
12-09-2011, 04:26 PM
Hawkguy
Hockey's Back!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by McSorleyStick View Post
Well, why are peole complaining?

Did we have a quart-arrière until this trade happened ?

NO
Really?

Josh Gorges has more points than Kaberle.

So what's our D look like healthy?

Markov - Gorges
Gill - Subban
Campoli - Kaberle?

Emelin / Diaz out? Who have both played well?

Defense isn't really this teams problem anyway. We are 6th in the conference for Goals Against... but 13th for Goals For.

Old
pachorella

I don't like this trade, I consider it a panic move.
BUT I am always against prejudging players, lets give him a chance and see what he can brings and then we'll judge him.

on a side note, guys I have a question, I don't know if it's been asked in this thread before, you know what number kaberle will wear?

Old
sheed36

Well atleast the Kaberle trade gave us something to talk about today instead of the Habs blowing a 3 goal lead last night and losing..

Kaberle trade to Habs thread part 1 will soon be to it's quota of 1000 posts..

Old
12-09-2011, 04:27 PM
NotProkofievian

Quote:
Originally Posted by InglewoodJack View Post
I can see this as a rejuvenation of sorts. Face it– no one on the Carolina team this year is doing anything, save for maybe Skinner. Yeah, he played bad on Boston too, but I think a change of scenery might boost his game. He won't be the Kaberle that he was two or three years ago, but he can't be worse than Spacek. And that's coming from someone who appreciated Spacek and what he brought to the team.
What is this thing that everyone's saying: the Kaberle of two or three years back? Kaberle was the Kaberle of 2 or 3 years back last season.

After being critical at first, I've thought about this move all day: and I think it's going to be one of Gauthier's better moves after it's all said and done.

Old
Jamie Thomas

vCash: 445
For those saying that getting Kaberle for Spacek, ask yourself, why would Rutherford make the Habs such a favor? Is it because PG is the greatest negociator in the league? I know some people here who might very well believe that but I don't. It was pretty clear that he was not working very well in Carolina, yet the better deal Carolina GM gets is this? There was absolutely no market for Tomas Kaberle, nobody wanted to take on that contract. PG made him a very nice and early Christmas gift by taking him off the Hurricanes, it fixed a mistake that Rutherford himself admitted.

Honestly, PG must be really popular among the NHL GMs. You got a bad contract you want to get rid of? You should really call that guy in Montreal.

Old
That Habs Fan
drive for 25's alive

vCash: 400
very well put NotProkofievian, and I agree

also, he will wear #22

Old
sheed36

Quote:
Originally Posted by pachorella View Post
guys I have a question, I don't know if it's been asked in this thread before, you know what number kaberle will wear?
Kaberle will wear #22

Old
12-09-2011, 04:28 PM
holyhabs87

Quote:
guys I have a question, I don't know if it's been asked in this thread before, you know what number kaberle will wear?
He will wear 22.

Old
12-09-2011, 04:29 PM
larek

Quote:
Originally Posted by InglewoodJack View Post
being no worse than spacek wont do it- he has to be much better for this deal to make any sense what so ever

Old
12-09-2011, 04:29 PM
Hawkguy
Hockey's Back!!

Quote:
I don't like this trade, I consider it a panic move.
BUT I am always against prejudging players, lets give him a chance and see what he can brings and then we'll judge him.

on a side note, guys I have a question, I don't know if it's been asked in this thread before, you know what number kaberle will wear?
The last time there was this much negativity was the Gomez thread....

Closed Thread