HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Management thread 2.0 ( All GM/Coaching discussion here)

Closed Thread

Old
12-09-2011, 06:13 PM
overlords
Hfboards

vCash: 500
The Management thread 2.0 ( All GM/Coaching discussion here)

continue here.

Old
12-09-2011, 06:19 PM
Coldplay
Courage

**** this all.

Old
12-09-2011, 06:28 PM
neofury*

I'm willing to give Gauthier the benefit of the doubt and see how Kaberle does even if I do think it was a terrible move.

The upside?
-Didn't give up a 2nd gave up a pending UFA who was arguably more bad than good for us.
-Kaberle has put up Markov numbers in the past and might be a better fit for us than Boston or Carolina.

The bad?
-Kaberle has been awful in recent memory and if we're stuck with him the only redeemable aspect is the keeping of a 2nd.
-If he is bad, we're stuck with another Gomez contract. People act like 4.25 million isn't a lot. It is a lot if the guy is a #6. Have you not seen Leafs fans whining about Komi when he played badly?

For these reasons I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt and see how it plays out. If it plays out badly he definitely needs to be fired.

Martin?

He should be fired imo but unfortunately PG didn't pull the trigger soon enough and now nobody who can efficiently replace him is available. If he is to be fired I want a coach who will transform this team, not have them play the same way they already are.

Old
12-09-2011, 06:37 PM
deandebean

I think Kaberle is the last chance Martin has to coach this team. If the Habs falter with Kaberle, he's gone. He's saying to his coach: you wanted relief at the blue line, you've got it. Make it happen. Or else...

Old
12-09-2011, 06:42 PM
llamateizer

last hope chance for PG and JM

Old
12-09-2011, 06:48 PM
deandebean

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewBACHa View Post
last hope chance for PG and JM
I don't think for Gauthier, because Molson wouldn't have let him make this trade before firing him.

Old
12-09-2011, 06:49 PM
PunkinDrublic*

I would like to see Gomez given a chance with a new coach. But i'm sure i'm the only one ( Habs fan ) that wants to see this.

Old
12-09-2011, 06:51 PM
shamrun

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHMB Prez View Post
I would like to see Gomez given a chance with a new coach. But i'm sure i'm the only one ( Habs fan ) that wants to see this.
no. id like to see him with a new coach as well. just on a different team.

Could not resist that one.

Old
12-09-2011, 06:52 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamrun View Post
no. id like to see him with a new coach as well. just on a different team.

Could not resist that one.
Ha nice one. I was thinking the same thing.

Old
12-09-2011, 06:56 PM
deandebean

I listened to Pascal Rheaume's comments on Gomez the other night on TV and was thinking that I wanted Gomez out of here ASAP. He's a pain. So, next move should be to rid of Gomer Pyle.

Old
12-09-2011, 06:58 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Gauthier risked big with this last trade. He could look like a genius or a scape-Gauth... I'd still fire Martin right now though!

Old
12-09-2011, 06:59 PM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

Quote:
no...me too

Old
12-09-2011, 07:08 PM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAN-HAB View Post
no...me too
Sometimes i feel most of our fans are sheep. They listen to the media around here and follow just like them.

Old
12-09-2011, 07:22 PM
HCH

Quote:
Sometimes i feel most of our fans are sheep. They listen to the media around here and follow just like them.
A lot of us didn't like the Gomez trade when the media loved it. Now the media don't like it and you say we are following the media. I think you have it backwards... a lot of the media are just catching up

Old
12-09-2011, 07:43 PM
smon

Quote:
Originally Posted by deandebean View Post
I listened to Pascal Rheaume's comments on Gomez the other night on TV and was thinking that I wanted Gomez out of here ASAP. He's a pain. So, next move should be to rid of Gomer Pyle.
What did Rheaume have to say on former teammate Gomez?

Old
12-09-2011, 07:44 PM
smon

Quote:
Originally Posted by HCH View Post
A lot of us didn't like the Gomez trade when the media loved it. Now the media don't like it and you say we are following the media. I think you have it backwards... a lot of the media are just catching up
I don't think the media ever loved it...people made lots of fun of Gainey for taking on that contract.

Old
12-09-2011, 07:54 PM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
They did ? Are you sure ?

Old
12-09-2011, 07:57 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by smon View Post
I don't think the media ever loved it...people made lots of fun of Gainey for taking on that contract.
I saw a lot of Gomez before the trade. After all, I had moved to the New York metropolitan area many years ago. I bashed my head several times against the wall when I read about it. Fortunately, the wall wasn't made of concrete or even of oak, so i didn't get another concussion.

Old
12-09-2011, 08:00 PM
BenchBrawl
joueur de hockey

Quote:
yeah , too bad the media brainwashed me into thinking trading our beat prospect at the time for a 40-50 pts center on the decline making 7 millions a year was bad for the team , and that this center who remains scoreless in more than 40 games while our prospect is playing 22 minutes a night for the rangers deserve all the chances , because clearly he didn't have them under Martin.

Old
12-09-2011, 08:02 PM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenchBrawl View Post
yeah , too bad the media brainwashed me into thinking trading our beat prospect at the time for a 40-50 pts center on the decline making 7 millions a year was bad for the team , and that this center who remains scoreless in more than 40 games while our prospect is playing 22 minutes a night for the rangers deserve all the chances , because clearly he didn't have them under Martin.
McDonaugh was our best prospect at the time ? Seriously ? And yep AC and all the other crap shows brain wash the normal bandwagon fans. ( not saying you are one )

Last edited by PunkinDrublic*: 12-09-2011 at 08:11 PM.
Old
12-09-2011, 08:51 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenchBrawl View Post
If you mean 50 points in his last 50 playoff games when we acquired him, then I don't see the logic...

McDonaugh wasn't our best prospect at the time. You might have missed the WJC that year, but there was a guy we had just drafted two years before, a Dman, he was there, and was one of the best, if not the best, of the most important Junior tournament. He's on the team today. Fans cheer him. You probably know who he is. And he's miles better than McDonaugh.

Old
12-09-2011, 09:06 PM
HCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
McDonaugh wasn't our best prospect at the time. You might have missed the WJC that year, but there was a guy we had just drafted two years before, a Dman, he was there, and was one of the best, if not the best, of the most important Junior tournament. He's on the team today. Fans cheer him. You probably know who he is. And he's miles better than McDonaugh.
Ask Timmins. He loved McDonagh and drafted him ahead far ahead of the d-man you are referring to.

So maybe your best prospect wasn't McDonagh but I am not sure what Timmins would have to say. McDonagh simply took a different development path and our guy isn't miles ahead of him, despite what you what say

Old
12-09-2011, 09:11 PM
BenchBrawl
joueur de hockey

Quote:
If you mean 50 points in his last 50 playoff games when we acquired him, then I don't see the logic...

Thank you for enlightening me , from this day on if you could pm me every 2 or 3 days to inform me of some of the vast hockey informations and knowledge you possess it would help me tremendously to know more about the game I love so much.I would also like if you could teach me a bit about hockey history as I've only started watching 3 years ago.

Old
12-09-2011, 09:21 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Ask Timmins. He loved McDonagh and drafted him ahead far ahead of the d-man you are referring to.

So maybe your best prospect wasn't McDonagh but I am not sure what Timmins would have to say. McDonagh simply took a different development path and our guy isn't miles ahead of him, despite what you what say
You're kidding right?

The trade happened in June 2009, the tournament happened in dec2008/Jan2009, did you WATCH that tournament by any chance?

Are you really saying Timmins had McDonaugh higher than PK on his chart in June 2009? Really? Really really?

It was evident then as it is now, that PK IS miles ahead of McDonaugh. McDonaugh can't do what PK does, and will never be able to do what PK does and I rarely use absolutes, but this I'm 100% certain about.

Old
12-09-2011, 09:44 PM
Ollie Williams

vCash: 200
Quote:
You're kidding right?

The trade happened in June 2009, the tournament happened in dec2008/Jan2009, did you WATCH that tournament by any chance?

Are you really saying Timmins had McDonaugh higher than PK on his chart in June 2009? Really? Really really?

It was evident then as it is now, that PK IS miles ahead of McDonaugh. McDonaugh can't do what PK does, and will never be able to do what PK does and I rarely use absolutes, but this I'm 100% certain about.
If this has any truth to it, you don't need any other reason to fire Timmins.

Closed Thread