HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

OT Thornton traded to san jose

Closed Thread

Old
12-03-2005, 11:03 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief
Yeah, all Richards did was win the Conn Smythe Trophy at the age of 24

I wouldn't call Richards the face of the Bolts. St. Louis and Lecavalier definitely lead him in that category but being the face of any team doesn't mean much to me. Gretzky was traded. Anybody can be traded.
Noone is saying that Richards is a bad player. What I am saying is it's insane to mention in the same sentence as Sakic, Yzerman and Messier three not good players, but legendary players.

12-03-2005, 12:47 PM
Edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19bruins19
He has had major back problems this season. He also had them last NHL season, but didn't miss games due to them.

That is a reason he wasn't physical at all this season. He has lost his powerforward touch. I hope he can regain that type of game in San Jose.
Every power forward has injuries, and the back tends to be the big one. What I meant more was major injuries, which I didn't really clarify.

Thorntons back will be fine in time and hasn't really presented a situation where its deemed a "risk" so to speak. Lindros on the other hand....well we could start with concussions work our way down through the chest and shoulders and finish up around the knees.

Old
12-03-2005, 12:50 PM
Edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner
Jagr is a great example of this. He probably is the captain of the Rangers but feels uncomfortable with the C. Perhaps its dealing with the media that really turns a player off to it? I don't know you could answer that question better than myself. Obviously...
Jagr is the one ice leader of the team, but he's never really been a leader. This goes back to Pitts. By nature Jagr is a fairly quiet, not really vocal guy. There's nothing wrong with, and people understand that now.

Just like real life, not everyone is a leader, no matter how talented they are at their job.

Closed Thread