HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Never Change A Winning Team !

View Poll Results: never change a winning team ?
big trade now ! 3 3.53%
big trade later ! (just before the deadline) 12 14.12%
no trade at all ! 45 52.94%
fire Sather ! 25 29.41%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
12-02-2005, 07:41 AM
RangersFan88*

vCash: 500
Never Change A Winning Team !

guys we're all rangers fans we all have been through the playoff misery the 7 year drought now we have finally the chance of getting into the playoffs and one step closer back to the "good days" and a cup
fact is we have a team that is winning ,dominate goaltending ,good defense and great offense lead by the GOD jagr
and just by even talking about deals and who is coming who is going . the players will get nervous specially the players that are not playing good at the moment they will play worse and worse and tear the team down with them
just keep the team as it is ,when the deadline is getting closer we can talk about leetch coming back or however sather wants ....
btw i guess i would be the happiest person on this planet if brian ( ) comes back but not at the moment lets keep the team how it is, the rookies are playing amazing and jagr is again one of the best on the globe

Old
12-02-2005, 08:50 AM
Firefly

Send a message via AIM to Firefly Send a message via Skype™ to Firefly
I voted no trades. Until we majorly crash and burn, unless someone gets severely injured, or unless we can make a mega steal of a trade, leave it how it is.

Old
12-02-2005, 08:53 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
It depends on the deal to be made. If the Rangers are indeed firmly in the playoff picture at the deadline, they need to upgrade in certain areas.

That said, I, of course, voted for "Fire Sather" .

12-02-2005, 09:02 AM
Davisian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway
That said, I, of course, voted for "Fire Sather" .

Same here.. I love this team, and he deserves his share of credit, whether that's due to his stepping down from most of the GM duties or not, he deserves his share.

But I still want him gone..

Old
12-02-2005, 09:07 AM
ECL
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to ECL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davisian
Same here.. I love this team, and he deserves his share of credit, whether that's due to his stepping down from most of the GM duties or not, he deserves his share.

Same.

The cranky old guard never fails!

Huzzah!

Old
12-02-2005, 09:14 AM
klingsor
HFBoards Sponsor

ANY poll with a "Fire Sather" option is a great poll.

I think Singin', Melrose and Guru oughta make it a mandaory option on all polls on this board.

Old
12-02-2005, 09:49 AM
ArtVandelay

what move are the Rangers going to make? The types of players that would help might only be available for youngsters - no one's gonna want Poti, guys - let's face it. They're winning but they're also rebuilding. They can't even rebuild right and just lose like other rebuilding teams. Damn Renney! If they're at the top of the standings at the deadline, then you have to consider something because then they're a true Cup contender. But I think at some point someone in the East besides Ottawa will show up to play and Rangers will fall back - maybe just a little, but enough that we won't think they have a real shot a the Cup. And if that's the case, I'd rather keep the youth and the mix we currently have because it's buildnig towards something even better in the future.

Old
12-02-2005, 09:55 AM
HockeyBasedNYC

I didnt vote because it doesnt include, "small trade(s)" - why does it have to be big? IM def againsts a BIG trade, because most likely youre shaking up the team... but i wouldnt be opposed to a small trade to get another good "interchangeable part" (as JD discussed last night) while still maintaining the core of the team and its chemistry.

Old
12-02-2005, 09:58 AM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davisian

Ditto

Old
12-02-2005, 12:02 PM
eco's bones

As far as a trade it's best never to say never. Everything depends on what we give up for what we get back. Fire Sather is your best option.

Old
12-02-2005, 12:43 PM
pld459666

4th option for me

FIRE SATHER

Old
12-02-2005, 12:46 PM
Sicilian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC
I didnt vote because it doesnt include, "small trade(s)" - why does it have to be big? IM def againsts a BIG trade, because most likely youre shaking up the team... but i wouldnt be opposed to a small trade to get another good "interchangeable part" (as JD discussed last night) while still maintaining the core of the team and its chemistry.
my sentiments exactly. but i'm voting no trade for now, because as of this moment i can't think of anything this team could truly upgrade WITHOUT shaking up a core piece of the team. obviously we could use a better PP pointman, but without dealing too many kids or one of our top forwards, i don't see how we get that done.

sit tight for now, but a gm who is not always considering trades as they come in is doing the team a disservice.

Old
12-02-2005, 04:14 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones
As far as a trade it's best never to say never. Everything depends on what we give up for what we get back. Fire Sather is your best option.
Damn, you took the words right off my fingertips! Couldn't have typed it better myself.

FIRE SATHER!!!

Old
12-02-2005, 04:22 PM
RangersFan

Send a message via AIM to RangersFan Send a message via MSN to RangersFan
Fire Sather of course.

Old
12-02-2005, 04:23 PM
Bacchus

No trades.

Even if we get into the play-off's, I don't think this team is a cup contender.

Old
12-02-2005, 05:28 PM
eco's bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger
Damn, you took the words right off my fingertips! Couldn't have typed it better myself.

FIRE SATHER!!!
Great minds think alike Brooklyn. I'll try to copy you next time.

Old
12-02-2005, 05:46 PM
OldBlueSeats

in 1994 there were several moves at the deadline and just before it. if they werent made im betting we would have no cup. its a different time but if there is a chance to improve this team for now and the future you do it if it fits what we are doing.

Old
12-02-2005, 07:29 PM
pld459666

I just have to say that I disagree

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldBlueSeats
in 1994 there were several moves at the deadline and just before it. if they werent made im betting we would have no cup. its a different time but if there is a chance to improve this team for now and the future you do it if it fits what we are doing.
but it's a discussing for another thread.

Old
12-02-2005, 07:41 PM
NYR469

why is it that some people think that making some minor changes to fill voids is the same as overturning the roster and destroying team chemistry?? like do people seriously think that if you removed hossa and replaced him with player X and changed nothing else that the team would fall apart and everyone would stop getting along?

Old
12-02-2005, 08:12 PM
Salz

I don't mind Sather anymore. He's clearly changed his philosophy and has realized the error of his past ways. His trades last year at the deadline were solid and he's been a pretty good drafter as well. I think he finally realizes now you can't win unless you have some youth and discipline. Give the guy some credit. The entire roster was made up by him. There are no holdovers on our first place team from the Neil Smith days. So while Glen Sather deserves criticism for the way he tried to build the Rangers until the middle of 2004, he deserves praise now for the success we're having. I'm not a Glen Sather apologist, just giving the man credit where it's due.

Old
12-02-2005, 08:19 PM
Dogbert*

Send a message via MSN to Dogbert*
No, a winning team should not be drastically altered. If the opportunity arises to make an addition that makes a weakness better, then do it... but nothing major.

Old
12-03-2005, 12:57 PM
Edge
Kris King's Ghost

Depends on the trade, so i'm not gonna vote on this.

Many championship teams makes a move big move and win it all.Many make a move and don't win it.

I do disagree on the 94 comments as I think the Rangers struggled a lot more than they should have after those deals and that was the begining of the end (and the end came pretty soon after the begining) but that's a thread for another time.

Closed Thread