HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The "All Things NYC" Thread

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-28-2011, 11:03 PM
  #126
Glennsoe
Horndog
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Country: Norway
Posts: 4,004
vCash: 500
Looking to come to NYC from Norway in March and have started searching tickets for games..

Is the cheapest ticks $70+fee or cheaper?

Any websites better than others for ordering ticks abroad??

Glennsoe is offline  
Old
11-29-2011, 12:08 AM
  #127
Hobgoblin Steve
Bacon of Light
 
Hobgoblin Steve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Bay Ridge
Country: Germany
Posts: 2,950
vCash: 500
out of curiosity how does one get to the radio booth at MSG?

I asked Dave Maloney to sign my Phil Esposito and the Ranger Rockers album (from my grandmother) via twitter, and he retweeted me to come up to the radio booth and he would sign it next time I'm at MSG.

How can anyone go up there, and is there no security? I cant imagine just being able to walk right in.

Hobgoblin Steve is offline  
Old
12-03-2011, 12:15 PM
  #128
RangersDif
Registered User
 
RangersDif's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 681
vCash: 500
Sportsbar to watch NYR?

Hey!
In January I'm going to New York to go to the Pittsburgh game (my first Rangers game live at the Garden in 8 years). I also want to catch the Boston game which starts at like 1 pm local time. So my question is if anybody knows a good sportsbar to see this game in? Some bar where a lot of Rangers fans go maybe?

Thanks!

RangersDif is offline  
Old
12-03-2011, 12:22 PM
  #129
MadHookUp
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 363
vCash: 500
I am from PA, so I am no authority. But I did a lot of research before my last trip to see the Rangers and I heard a lot of good things about the Blarney Stone on 410 8th Ave. Its just a short walk from MSG, and the prices of drinks were beyond reasonable, especially NY City. I think a cocktail was around $6-$7 dollars. Most places I went to, it was $12. We stopped in there for a couple drinks prior to the Rangers game and they had a couple televisions with quite a few fans with Jerseys on.

MadHookUp is offline  
Old
12-03-2011, 12:22 PM
  #130
dccuse
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: New York City
Posts: 318
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangersDif View Post
Hey!
In January I'm going to New York to go to the Pittsburgh game (my first Rangers game live at the Garden in 8 years). I also want to catch the Boston game which starts at like 1 pm local time. So my question is if anybody knows a good sportsbar to see this game in? Some bar where a lot of Rangers fans go maybe?

Thanks!
Johnny Foxes on UES always has big rangers contingency.

dccuse is offline  
Old
12-03-2011, 12:57 PM
  #131
useref15
Registered User
 
useref15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 1,902
vCash: 500
I've been to the flying puck which is steps away from MSG and I thought it was pretty good both times.

useref15 is offline  
Old
12-03-2011, 01:14 PM
  #132
Ave Maria
New Season New Dream
 
Ave Maria's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Westchester,NY
Country: Italy
Posts: 2,443
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to Ave Maria
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadHookUp View Post
I am from PA, so I am no authority. But I did a lot of research before my last trip to see the Rangers and I heard a lot of good things about the Blarney Stone on 410 8th Ave. Its just a short walk from MSG, and the prices of drinks were beyond reasonable, especially NY City. I think a cocktail was around $6-$7 dollars. Most places I went to, it was $12. We stopped in there for a couple drinks prior to the Rangers game and they had a couple televisions with quite a few fans with Jerseys on.

yeah, Blarney Rock is one of the most famous ones, alot ppl go there if they dont have tix

Ave Maria is offline  
Old
12-03-2011, 03:56 PM
  #133
blue425
Registered User
 
blue425's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 2,261
vCash: 500
As I am sure it has been mentioned elsewhere in this thread: Stout and Feile are good and close to MSG. I like the Flying Puck, but the food is definitely on the expensive side..otherwise it is a cool place.

I have also watched games at The Watering Hole on 19th (an Oakland Raider bar) and Pizza Pub on 23rd and 3rd...also not a Ranger bar....but how can you not like a place where you get a pint and a slice for $5?

Glensoe- Cheapest tickets are $40 in the 400's.

blue425 is offline  
Old
12-03-2011, 08:52 PM
  #134
nyrmessier011
Registered User
 
nyrmessier011's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Charlotte/NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 3,347
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to nyrmessier011
Van Diemen's on the east side. Always sound for rangers and a good crew of fans.

nyrmessier011 is offline  
Old
12-03-2011, 10:22 PM
  #135
Lady Vengeance
FTTW
 
Lady Vengeance's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: East Coast
Country: United States
Posts: 430
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangersDif View Post
Hey!
In January I'm going to New York to go to the Pittsburgh game (my first Rangers game live at the Garden in 8 years). I also want to catch the Boston game which starts at like 1 pm local time. So my question is if anybody knows a good sportsbar to see this game in? Some bar where a lot of Rangers fans go maybe?

Thanks!
If you want to a place to watch the Boston game, the Flying Puck would probably be your best bet. They might even turn the sound on for it.

Lady Vengeance is offline  
Old
12-03-2011, 10:25 PM
  #136
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck
 
NYRFAN218's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 11,900
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobgoblin Steve View Post
out of curiosity how does one get to the radio booth at MSG?

I asked Dave Maloney to sign my Phil Esposito and the Ranger Rockers album (from my grandmother) via twitter, and he retweeted me to come up to the radio booth and he would sign it next time I'm at MSG.

How can anyone go up there, and is there no security? I cant imagine just being able to walk right in.
Radio booth used to be in the 200's but it's been moved to the south press box because of the renovation. The Rangers guys are in front of 406/407 and you can walk right up there.

__________________
http://hfboards.com/image.php?u=53946&type=sigpic&dateline=1320361610
NYRFAN218 is online now  
Old
12-04-2011, 01:48 PM
  #137
Stepan2Gaborik
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 178
vCash: 500
Are there any good known Rangers bars in NJ?

Stepan2Gaborik is offline  
Old
12-09-2011, 08:45 PM
  #138
machphantom
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 372
vCash: 500
So my girlfriend just got me tickets to see my first ever game inside MSG and needless to say i'm freakin thrilled. Any things I need to do inside the Garden before the game if i've never been before? Thanks!

machphantom is offline  
Old
12-10-2011, 01:00 AM
  #139
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck
 
NYRFAN218's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 11,900
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by machphantom View Post
So my girlfriend just got me tickets to see my first ever game inside MSG and needless to say i'm freakin thrilled. Any things I need to do inside the Garden before the game if i've never been before? Thanks!
Meh, not really. Since you've never been inside before, you really can't see how much different the inside of the arena is this year compared to previous years. I would say check out the West Balcony, cool vantage point that may intrigue you for future games. Also, there are two team stores on the 6th floor (lower concourse) if you're looking to buy stuff and all the food places should be open by now. Other than that, I'd just say go down for warmups and get a good spot.

NYRFAN218 is online now  
Old
12-10-2011, 09:52 AM
  #140
Glennsoe
Horndog
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Country: Norway
Posts: 4,004
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue425 View Post
As I am sure it has been mentioned elsewhere in this thread: Stout and Feile are good and close to MSG. I like the Flying Puck, but the food is definitely on the expensive side..otherwise it is a cool place.

I have also watched games at The Watering Hole on 19th (an Oakland Raider bar) and Pizza Pub on 23rd and 3rd...also not a Ranger bar....but how can you not like a place where you get a pint and a slice for $5?

Glensoe- Cheapest tickets are $40 in the 400's.
Thank you Sir...

Glennsoe is offline  
Old
12-10-2011, 10:12 AM
  #141
machphantom
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 372
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRFAN218 View Post
Meh, not really. Since you've never been inside before, you really can't see how much different the inside of the arena is this year compared to previous years. I would say check out the West Balcony, cool vantage point that may intrigue you for future games. Also, there are two team stores on the 6th floor (lower concourse) if you're looking to buy stuff and all the food places should be open by now. Other than that, I'd just say go down for warmups and get a good spot.
Fair enough, thank you so much!

machphantom is offline  
Old
12-10-2011, 12:27 PM
  #142
haohmaru
#bdwyblueshirts
 
haohmaru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Fleming Island, Fl
Country: United States
Posts: 5,360
vCash: 500
How early will the gates open at MSG for a 7:30 game? 6:00?

haohmaru is offline  
Old
12-10-2011, 01:12 PM
  #143
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck
 
NYRFAN218's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 11,900
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
How early will the gates open at MSG for a 7:30 game? 6:00?
Gates open an hour before so 6:30 for a 7:30 game.

NYRFAN218 is online now  
Old
12-14-2011, 08:47 AM
  #144
Revelation
Reanimated
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 1,797
vCash: 500
Does anyone know if there are any Rangers bars in Central Queens? I live in Kew Gardens near Forest Park and Metropolitan Avenue (moved here in July). It would be nice to be able to watch some games with fellow fans once in a while.

Revelation is offline  
Old
12-20-2011, 10:55 AM
  #145
Sniperz25
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 105
vCash: 500
Question about Penn Station

I'm going to the game on 12/23 against the Flyers and planned on making a day out of it walking around the city. I'll be taking NJ Transit. My problem is finding a place to store a change of clothes. i know Penn Station has a place for Amtrak customers, but what about if I'm arriving via NJ Transit. Any help would be appreciated.

Sniperz25 is offline  
Old
12-20-2011, 10:58 AM
  #146
BlueShirts88
Section 208 Row 15
 
BlueShirts88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 10,336
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BlueShirts88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniperz25 View Post
I'm going to the game on 12/23 against the Flyers and planned on making a day out of it walking around the city. I'll be taking NJ Transit. My problem is finding a place to store a change of clothes. i know Penn Station has a place for Amtrak customers, but what about if I'm arriving via NJ Transit. Any help would be appreciated.
I'm a commuter of Penn Station every morning and I've never seen lockers or anything like that. Sorry!

__________________
"Matteau! Matteau! Matteau!"~H. Rose
BlueShirts88 is offline  
Old
12-20-2011, 11:01 AM
  #147
owedoyle
Registered User
 
owedoyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 547
vCash: 500
Amtrak has luggage storage at most large sized stations. While I've never actually looked for it, I'm sure they have one at Penn as well. Call ahead or ask the conductor /Amtrak register people for help.

owedoyle is offline  
Old
12-20-2011, 11:05 AM
  #148
Sniperz25
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 105
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by owedoyle View Post
Amtrak has luggage storage at most large sized stations. While I've never actually looked for it, I'm sure they have one at Penn as well. Call ahead or ask the conductor /Amtrak register people for help.
Amtrak has luggage storage at Penn Station, but I've heard conflicting reports as to whether they also allow NJ Transit passengers to use it as well.

Sniperz25 is offline  
Old
12-20-2011, 11:18 AM
  #149
NYRKindms
Registered User
 
NYRKindms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 575
vCash: 500
http://www.nyc.com/yellow_pages/schw...al_review.aspx

http://www.nyc.com/yellow_pages/schw...al_review.aspx

The first links discusses what to do.

The 2nd is for Schwarz travel. I have never used them but looks like what you may want

NYRKindms is offline  
Old
12-20-2011, 12:04 PM
  #150
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat
 
wolfgaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 12,056
vCash: 500
If you don't mind me asking, why do you need to change clothes? Profuse sweater or are you Batman?

wolfgaze is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:31 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.