HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jagr

Old
12-09-2011, 08:13 PM
Jtown

vCash: 539
Jagr

Jagr is having a great year, but after this season who knows what he will do. He may retire, he may sign somewhere else.

However before it ever gets to that point we could create a bidding war for his services for the remanding of the year. Detroit, Chicago, Wash, Rangers would all be intrested im sure. I think this could be a great time to get that young defensive prospect that we need to groom to replace prongs and kimmo.

Obviously I think we are a candidate to win it this year and would like to keep Jagr. But lets say Pronger is out for the year , do we really have a shot to win it all? Why not deal Jagr for a stud prospect and begin again next season.

Jtown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 08:21 PM
Vikke
FHM 13 researcher

vCash: 500
Keep him and sign him for next season, too.

Vikke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 08:22 PM
Slowbro

there is no way Jagr gets traded. doesn't he have a NTC? if he does, why would he waive his right to it when he obviously wanted to play in Philly?

Slowbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 08:28 PM
NewYorkFlyerFan

So a team is gonna give up a young defense prospect for a soon to be 40 year old Jagr?? Yeah that'll happen.

Plus I can see Jagr doing what Selanne has been doing. Just keep signing 1 year deal till he's done.

NewYorkFlyerFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 08:28 PM
WeekendAtBernies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtown View Post
Jagr is having a great year, but after this season who knows what he will do. He may retire, he may sign somewhere else.

However before it ever gets to that point we could create a bidding war for his services for the remanding of the year. Detroit, Chicago, Wash, Rangers would all be intrested im sure. I think this could be a great time to get that young defensive prospect that we need to groom to replace prongs and kimmo.

Obviously I think we are a candidate to win it this year and would like to keep Jagr. But lets say Pronger is out for the year , do we really have a shot to win it all? Why not deal Jagr for a stud prospect and begin again next season.
Good thread!!!

Pronger is definitely done for year, Flyers are done, Jagr should definitely be traded.

Kimmo Timonen and Danny Briere too.

Might as well trade Giroux too. The fact that he hasn't been able to seize the "C" in Pronger's absence clearly shows a lack of leadership.

I think we can all see it's time to turn this team over to Schenn and Couturier anyway.

WeekendAtBernies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 08:30 PM
Jtown

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkFlyerFan View Post
So a team is gonna give up a young defense prospect for a soon to be 40 year old Jagr?? Yeah that'll happen.

Plus I can see Jagr doing what Selanne has been doing. Just keep signing 1 year deal till he's done.
I think there could be a bidding war for Jagr. He is playing at an elite level and lets say its between the hawks and Red Wings, he could potentially sway the balance of the division and confrence.

Old
12-09-2011, 08:31 PM
Jtown

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandlansd View Post
Good thread!!!

Pronger is definitely done for year, Flyers are done, Jagr should definitely be traded.

Kimmo Timonen and Danny Briere too.

Might as well trade Giroux too. The fact that he hasn't been able to seize the "C" in Pronger's absence clearly shows a lack of leadership.

I think we can all see it's time to turn this team over to Schenn and Couturier anyway.
Calm down buddy. Lets not take things too seriously.

Old
12-09-2011, 08:32 PM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

vCash: 50
No way

12-09-2011, 08:34 PM
Slowbro

We don't need Pronger on the ice to be a favorite and the Flyers are going to be need to realize that because he is going to miss a lot more ice time over the next 5 years.

Slowbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 08:37 PM
WeekendAtBernies

Quote:
Calm down buddy. Lets not take things too seriously.
Dude, I'm not going to calm down. The season is OVER. Can't you see this?!?

We need to trade what we can while we still can. This team needs a reboot.

Jagr, Briere, Timonen, Giroux, Hartnell, they all need to go. We need to start w/ Schenn & Couturier... that's a solid base for the future.

Old
12-09-2011, 08:39 PM
NewYorkFlyerFan

Quote:
I think there could be a bidding war for Jagr. He is playing at an elite level and lets say its between the hawks and Red Wings, he could potentially sway the balance of the division and confrence.
He's been good, but i wouldn't as far as saying elite. I kinda understand where you're coming from with the bidding war, but the return wouldn't be what you want. Could the Flyers get a solid defense prospect for Jagr? Sure, maybe. But the Flyers won't get a elite prospect that could fill Timonen or Pronger's spot like you were talking about in your op. It just wouldn't happen.

Old
12-09-2011, 08:41 PM
Jtown

Quote:
Dude, I'm not going to calm down. The season is OVER. Can't you see this?!?

We need to trade what we can while we still can. This team needs a reboot.

Jagr, Briere, Timonen, Giroux, Hartnell, they all need to go. We need to start w/ Schenn & Couturier... that's a solid base for the future.
I feel like you're on the edge and are looking for a push.

Old
12-09-2011, 08:42 PM
WeekendAtBernies

Quote:
I feel like you're on the edge and are looking for a push.
Or I was making fun of your ridiculous idea by being absurdly sarcastic.

I dunno which it was.

Old
12-09-2011, 08:44 PM
Jtown

Quote:
He's been good, but i wouldn't as far as saying elite. I kinda understand where you're coming from with the bidding war, but the return wouldn't be what you want. Could the Flyers get a solid defense prospect for Jagr? Sure, maybe. But the Flyers won't get a elite prospect that could fill Timonen or Pronger's spot like you were talking about in your op. It just wouldn't happen.
Originally when i thought about this i thought about the Red Wings. Wings are built to win now and there top 6 could use a bit more firepower. THey have a D prospect Brendan Smith who i know nothing about but figured he would be a nice prize. I dont think i would trade Jagr for a First however.

Im just worried that at the end of the year Jagr may hang them up and we may lose him for nothing.

Old
12-09-2011, 08:47 PM
Jtown

Quote:
Or I was making fun of your ridiculous idea by being absurdly sarcastic.

I dunno which it was.

I dont think it was that ridiculous. This may be jagr's last year, and it would be nice if we could get something for him if we are unable to win it this year.

Old
12-09-2011, 08:52 PM
NewYorkFlyerFan

Quote:
Originally when i thought about this i thought about the Red Wings. Wings are built to win now and there top 6 could use a bit more firepower. THey have a D prospect Brendan Smith who i know nothing about but figured he would be a nice prize. I dont think i would trade Jagr for a First however.

Im just worried that at the end of the year Jagr may hang them up and we may lose him for nothing.
Who cares if they lose him for nothing? Considering the chemistry he has with Giroux you go to the playoffs and see what happens. The Flyers took a bit of a risk on him and so far it's really really paid off.

Sorry maybe I'm off here, but I just don't really understand the thought process of yours with this.

Old
12-09-2011, 08:57 PM
Snipsnap12

Quote:
I dont think it was that ridiculous. This may be jagr's last year, and it would be nice if we could get something for him if we are unable to win it this year.
If we are unable to win it? well going by your intentions we would be trading him away before we even give it a shot.

This idea deserves no merit. The organization would have no class at all if they traded a 39 year old player who came back to north america to play, chose your team for less money and is producing at a point per game and being a great role model in the dressing room.

Yeah lets just get rid of that, not to mention he is part of one of the most dangerous 1st lines in hockey... it makes no sense at all.

Snipsnap12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 09:00 PM
Kaktus*

Quote:
It does happen.

But I do not want to trade him.

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 09:01 PM
crabcz

They may consider trading Jagr only if they miss the playoffs. Last time I checked they were no.1 in the conference.

Trading Jagr after few months when he delivers exactly what they signed him for? For a top D-man? Do you actually think your managerial skills from NHL 2012 can work in the real world?

crabcz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 09:02 PM
Jtown

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush28 View Post
If we are unable to win it? well going by your intentions we would be trading him away before we even give it a shot.

This idea deserves no merit. The organization would have no class at all if they traded a 39 year old player who came back to north america to play, chose your team for less money and is producing at a point per game and being a great role model in the dressing room.

Yeah lets just get rid of that, not to mention he is part of one of the most dangerous 1st lines in hockey... it makes no sense at all.
After the richards and Carter moves, I dont think this organization puts class at the top of its list. You dont trade two young starts who have signed away the rest of their pro careers at a discounted rate to stay with your organization only to trade them away and in carter's cases less than a year after the extension.

Old
12-09-2011, 09:10 PM
Snipsnap12

Quote:
After the richards and Carter moves, I dont think this organization puts class at the top of its list. You dont trade two young starts who have signed away the rest of their pro careers at a discounted rate to stay with your organization only to trade them away and in carter's cases less than a year after the extension.
Actually the organization still has one of the best if not the best reputation in the league even after the carter/richards trades. WHy do you think JVR signed long term? Why do you think Jagr was persuaded to come play here? Bryzgalov? Noone knows what richards and carter were doing and what and if the organiztion asked them to stop doing. Is it a coincidence that all of those young guys that lived downtown have been traded away except for hartnell?

Carter and Richards had there chance here and they were not taking it seriously and last years piss poor effort was the icing on the cake. You can say the flyers didnt honour their side of the deal, but maybe they didnt honour theirs.

Anyway this can get sidetracked fast, so back to trading Jagr.

..No..

Old
12-09-2011, 09:11 PM
Jtown

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabcz View Post
They may consider trading Jagr only if they miss the playoffs. Last time I checked they were no.1 in the conference.

Trading Jagr after few months when he delivers exactly what they signed him for? For a top D-man? Do you actually think your managerial skills from NHL 2012 can work in the real world?
I dont play video games. The only way we keep Jagr is if we are serious contenders this year. If we are serious contenders we should go all out right? That means potentially trading some of our young studs to solidify our Defense.

But if we trade jagr that is a way of admitting we are not contenders this year and secure another piece for the future.

Which one do you feel is more likely?

This is what will happen. We keep Jagr and make a small move to solidify our D. I dont agree with that. I think we need to make a decision on where our team is heading, weather we are win now or still need a few more pieces to win in the future.

I love that we are in first place with this young team. It is the best of both worlds really but can it last?

Old
12-09-2011, 09:12 PM
crabcz

Quote:
Yes, they traded Richards and Carter randomly without any reason whatsoever. And don't forget that Jagr has chosen to play for the Flyers not the other way around. If he wanted to play in Detroit he'd be there. It'd be embarassing for them to try to trade him, Jagr refusing and then next year signing somewhere else.

crabcz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 09:15 PM
Jtown

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabcz View Post
Yes, they traded Richards and Carter randomly without any reason whatsoever. And don't forget that Jagr has chosen to play for Flyers not the other way around. If he wanted to play in Detroit he'd be there. It'd be embarassing for them to try to trade him, Jagr refusing and then next year signing somewhere else.
Who cares about Jagr? he has been a flyer for 3 months. He has played against us more than he has played for us. I really dont care what he wants. I care about how he helps my team.

Old
12-09-2011, 09:19 PM
Snipsnap12

Quote:
Who cares about Jagr? he has been a flyer for 3 months. He has played against us more than he has played for us. I really dont care what he wants. I care about how he helps my team.
Jagr helps the team by being a ppg player, adding valuable experience and leadership especially with pronger out, shows the young guys proper work ethic, adds a dynamic on the powerplay that cannot be matched, and is part of an extremely dangerous first line.

Noone would give anything up spectacular to acquire him anyway knowing that it could be his last year. We need a big time dman if anything, and jagr surely isnt going to fetch that.

This trade has absolutely no upside.