HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Predators at Blue Jackets 12/8 - Lots Of Questions

Old
12-09-2011, 11:28 AM
Prederator

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sighthndlady View Post
We got a win based on about 5 minutes of really good hockey following 57 minutes of total cr*p.
You are right! Maybe we were really watching an NBA basketball game.

Prederator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 07:33 PM
TMI
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseyc View Post
A Dexter fan eh ....great show isn't it what do you think about the new show Homeland that is good too
Dexter is awesome. Johnius got me hooked after the first season ended. I watched it all in a matter of a few days, and he warned me that when the second season started and I had to wait a week between episodes it would kill me. He was right.

Now I have Erin hooked, and gave her the same warning. She started about five weeks ago, and is nearly caught up with all six seasons. It's going to be worse for her haha

And I have been meaning to catch Homeland, but haven't yet. I'll check it out. Damian Lewis was awesome in Band of Brothers

TMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 09:31 PM
token grinder
formerly sirryan189

this seasn's dexter is the bet one since the ice truck killer. although lithgow's eason was a mindf@ck at the end.

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 09:42 PM
JohniusMaximus
Digging the Sarchasm

Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
this seasn's dexter is the bet one since the ice truck killer. although lithgow's eason was a mindf@ck at the end.
I screamed like a girl when he opened the freezer two episodes ago. Seriously. Dogs were howling.

JohniusMaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 09:54 PM
TMI
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohniusMaximus View Post
I screamed like a girl when he opened the freezer two episodes ago. Seriously. Dogs were howling.
So was I. Howling at your scream that is.

I told myself that my off topic comment was ok because it wouldn't derail the thread, and now look at it. Oh well. It's just a useless GET now anyway.

TMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2011, 02:57 AM
theoneandonly

What in the world are you talking about? Which games have you been watching? Blum has not been able to be as offensively minded as he usually is because of Klien, Bouillon and Josi's play. This whole season Blum has been pretty much covering for their poor defense. I don't understand how you could say Blum's positioning has been terrible.

theoneandonly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2011, 06:44 AM
glenngineer
HFB Partner

Visqi, sorry I missed the sarcasm. Been a lot going on and a little stressed. I hear ya about Arniel needing to go though. When Patrick was brought in, that was the major warning for him. I thought it was funny on the broadcast the other night, they showed the number 1 picks Patrick had drafted over the years. It was like, duh, anyone could've made those pics. If I remember correctly, Crosby, Malkin, Fleury, Jagr and there was one other one he made. Talk about some consensus guys.

So how do you put up with your homer announcers? They are horrible. Am I being too overly critical here or are they really that bad?

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2011, 06:59 AM
tserberis*

Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
well, that certainly was not pretty, but 2 points now are gonna be easier than 2 points in march.

sk, I thought was terrible outside of his goal. the jackets 2nd and 3rd goal could have been prevented had he not done the stickwave at dorsett or vermette. looked like a fine matador. surprised trotz kept putting him out there.

fisher a clutch faceoff guy. the biggest faceoff in team history last season vs the ducks in game five, the one vs the caps this year (i think it was he caps) and two big ones tonight. Times like these you appreciate what he does.

hoping we get a few guys going now. erat, fisher both seem to be getting on the scoresheet regularly.eould be nice to see a few games strung together with wilson and legwand on it.

secondary scoring. we need. we don't have it. I am talking the goal every other game from the 3rd and 4th lines.

could dwell on the negatives, could pump up the positives. we will need a better effort saturday. i don't care what anaheims record is. they have come out blowing the doors off people the past few games. we do't have the offensive talent to come back on them though. hopefully we get a full 60. who am I kidding. I would just be happy for 3 10 min stretches each period right now
SK wasn't even on the ice for 2 goal.
Get your **** straight before bashing someone.

tserberis* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2011, 07:47 AM
Prederator

Quote:
Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
What in the world are you talking about? Which games have you been watching? Blum has not been able to be as offensively minded as he usually is because of Klien, Bouillon and Josi's play. This whole season Blum has been pretty much covering for their poor defense. I don't understand how you could say Blum's positioning has been terrible.
Huh??? Blum's positioning is what gets him in trouble and the reason he is currently sitting. It's apparent Trotz is frustrated watching him play. I am not defending Klein or Bouillon because they have not been much better, evidence of which is the gaping hole in the middle of the ice they left that led to the Bugs 3rd goal.

Blum needs to Twitter less and focus on his defensive game.

Prederator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2011, 11:21 AM
darth5
No!

Agree that Blum needed a wakeup call. He has suffered from his partner some, but a pro can make adjustments. I continue to have high hopes for him-- if he can settle down, play his natural side, and get some comfort with a consistent partner, that will help. Hopefully the coaches are showing him video to help him correct his game. Thought the comment Trotz made in the Titanseean today was interesting, hinting that other guys needed to play better too, but sometimes it is the youngster who pays the price.

BTW, I have enjoyed the more thorough coverage this year from that paper. If they keep sending Josh on the road with the team, I might have to soften my tone about them...

darth5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2011, 06:32 PM
roseyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
Dexter is awesome. Johnius got me hooked after the first season ended. I watched it all in a matter of a few days, and he warned me that when the second season started and I had to wait a week between episodes it would kill me. He was right.

Now I have Erin hooked, and gave her the same warning. She started about five weeks ago, and is nearly caught up with all six seasons. It's going to be worse for her haha

And I have been meaning to catch Homeland, but haven't yet. I'll check it out. Damian Lewis was awesome in Band of Brothers
Season 4 was the best season of any show in the history of television I still have dreams about the ending. Damian Lewis is great in this show (Homeland).

roseyc is offline   Reply With Quote