HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Minnesota Wild
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

If the Wild had all state natives on the roster...

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-10-2011, 12:14 AM
  #51
Sleight Of Hand
Mean Streets
 
Sleight Of Hand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Panama
Country: United States
Posts: 9,473
vCash: 500
I heard he wants to come back. And with the Wild winning that will definitely make them attractive. The cap space is there and there are no big ticket RFA's next year. Or UFA's you could live without. It could happen!

Sleight Of Hand is offline  
Old
12-10-2011, 12:23 AM
  #52
651*
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Capital of MN 651
Country: United States
Posts: 2,601
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by swanny View Post
I heard he wants to come back. And with the Wild winning that will definitely make them attractive. The cap space is there and there are no big ticket RFA's next year. Or UFA's you could live without. It could happen!
I read the article in the Pioneer. His dad is affiliated with Shattuck, is that right? I know his family is still pretty much here in the TC and his wife he met at UND but I don't know if I see him in a Wild uni. Maybe. Never know in pro sports.

651* is offline  
Old
12-10-2011, 12:49 AM
  #53
usernam*
#TeamSuccess
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 4,927
vCash: 500
I don't understand the infatuation with having Minnesotan players on our team. I could care less. You don't see New Yorkers talking about how cool it would be to have a New York born player JUST because he was born in New York. Same with every other state. Why is it people feel this way about Minnesota?

usernam* is offline  
Old
12-10-2011, 12:53 AM
  #54
TaLoN
All Hail the FBJ!
 
TaLoN's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Farmington, MN
Country: United States
Posts: 14,263
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burns4Norris View Post
I don't understand the infatuation with having Minnesotan players on our team. I could care less. You don't see New Yorkers talking about how cool it would be to have a New York born player JUST because he was born in New York. Same with every other state. Why is it people feel this way about Minnesota?
Again... nobody does! This is just a thread purely speculation on building a team soley with Minnesota bred talent. Nobody is saying we want an all Minnesota team.

We watch kids grow in the game from high school and on into the NHL. It's nice to see the impact Minnesota players have in the league. This is just a thread based purely on fun on what kind of a team could be built with only Minnesota players.

NOBODY is asking for this to really happen, as ultimately we all want the best players on the team no matter where they are from.

TaLoN is offline  
Old
12-10-2011, 12:55 AM
  #55
usernam*
#TeamSuccess
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 4,927
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaLoN View Post
Again... nobody does! This is just a thread purely speculation on building a team soley with Minnesota bred talent. Nobody is saying we want an all Minnesota team.

We watch kids grow in the game from high school and on into the NHL. It's nice to see the impact Minnesota players have in the league. This is just a thread based purely on fun on what kind of a team could be build with only Minnesota players.

NOBODY is asking for this to really happen, as ultimately we all want the best players on the team no matter where they are from.
Fans from every team on these boards feel that way. OP feels that way. Dan Terhaar feels that way. There's actually a lot of Wild fans not on these boards who think having Minnesotans on the roster is the coolest thing since MC Hammer.

usernam* is offline  
Old
12-10-2011, 01:00 AM
  #56
TaLoN
All Hail the FBJ!
 
TaLoN's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Farmington, MN
Country: United States
Posts: 14,263
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burns4Norris View Post
Fans from every team on these boards feel that way. OP feels that way. Dan Terhaar feels that way. There's actually a lot of Wild fans not on these boards who think having Minnesotans on the roster is the coolest thing since MC Hammer.
Don't confuse pride of a local making it big on the local squad to wanting any Minnesota player who comes along.

Notice how few people were jumping for joy when Taffe was the call up? He's local... yet most thought that meant the Aeros well had run dry.

Were you around when Darby was in his last couple years as a player for the Wild? Few players got ripped as bad as "Fall Down" was...

And yes, other teams love having successful locals on their squad as well. Can you even remember a Habs team without a French Candian? Montreal fans would riot!

How many times did we have to hear from Vancouver fans when Willie Mitchell "signed for his home town team" after the Wild traded him away?

Hell... even Detroit fans bragged about Modano wanting to "come home" when he went to the Wings...

TaLoN is offline  
Old
12-10-2011, 01:23 AM
  #57
651*
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Capital of MN 651
Country: United States
Posts: 2,601
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burns4Norris View Post
I don't understand the infatuation with having Minnesotan players on our team. I could care less. You don't see New Yorkers talking about how cool it would be to have a New York born player JUST because he was born in New York. Same with every other state. Why is it people feel this way about Minnesota?
You know hockey, right? Comparing NY hockey to MN hockey is a complete joke, to say the least. Simply put, we are hockey, period.

We are the entire top 10 in the country in high school rankings and are 18 of 20 in the top 20:

http://www.ushsho.com/ushsrank.htm


That is the reason people (like me) want to see more of our natives represented locally. Of course it will not happen, but I again can always be wishful.

651* is offline  
Old
12-10-2011, 11:21 AM
  #58
Stepanformayor*
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 581
vCash: 500
Simply put, we are hockey. That's a complete joke right? First off no one else plays high school hockey in this country, so to say that we have the top 18 out of 20 teams in the Nation is so mis leading. Over the last 8-10 years Minnesota has fallen so far behind it is not even funny. The reason that we have fallen so far behind is that our high school players play 24 games and they play 65 in Ann Arbour, 65-70 playing AAA Midget, 65 games in the USHL. Here is a fact. There will not be a Minnesota high school hockey player taken in the top 50 in the NHL draft this year. The cold hard facts are that Shattuck has more players on a NHL roster right know than the whole state of Minnesota. There are 19 Shattuck kids on NHL rosters as of today. My guess is that there are not 19 kids in the NHL right know that played high school hockey in Minnesota. There are roughly 630 NHL roster spots and I would guess that maybe 12- 15 of those played high school hockey in Minnesota. That's a whopping 2.0%-2.5% of the leauge. Sorry to burst your bubble bud but this are the facts. Minnesota kids have never had a presence in the NHL and never will.

Stepanformayor* is offline  
Old
12-10-2011, 11:39 AM
  #59
BigT2002
Registered User
 
BigT2002's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: some other continent
Country: United States
Posts: 12,855
vCash: 500
Personally...I like being Team Finland

BigT2002 is offline  
Old
12-10-2011, 11:46 AM
  #60
BigT2002
Registered User
 
BigT2002's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: some other continent
Country: United States
Posts: 12,855
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stepanformayor View Post
Simply put, we are hockey. That's a complete joke right? First off no one else plays high school hockey in this country, so to say that we have the top 18 out of 20 teams in the Nation is so mis leading. Over the last 8-10 years Minnesota has fallen so far behind it is not even funny. The reason that we have fallen so far behind is that our high school players play 24 games and they play 65 in Ann Arbour, 65-70 playing AAA Midget, 65 games in the USHL. Here is a fact. There will not be a Minnesota high school hockey player taken in the top 50 in the NHL draft this year. The cold hard facts are that Shattuck has more players on a NHL roster right know than the whole state of Minnesota. There are 19 Shattuck kids on NHL rosters as of today. My guess is that there are not 19 kids in the NHL right know that played high school hockey in Minnesota. There are roughly 630 NHL roster spots and I would guess that maybe 12- 15 of those played high school hockey in Minnesota. That's a whopping 2.0%-2.5% of the leauge. Sorry to burst your bubble bud but this are the facts. Minnesota kids have never had a presence in the NHL and never will.
I would sincerely hope you can back that up with actual stats...because right now that comes off as completely fabricated. And I'm pretty sure there are 19 kids who played high school hockey here. I don't think I have to go back more than 4 years to get 19 players who played high school hockey here. Because FYI:


Quote:
Minnesota - Number of Players- 200 Players Per Capita-3.80%
http://www.minnesotafunfacts.com/min...rn-in-the-u-s/

Mass, Michigan, and New York are 2-4.

My perception of your comment is because they are not Toews, Crosby esque talent...they obviously are irrelevant to the game.

The only reason hockey does not get the attention in other areas is 90% of this great nation is a football nation. Many of these kids are told they can't play both football and hockey while they are in school. Michigan has strict rules against playing a fall/winter sport back-2-back unless the student is excelling in school and both parents and faculty sign off on it. Yes, I went to high school in Michigan and Minnesota, I can tell you the extreme differences between the two. Many of these kids in different states play football for school and some facet of hockey once their football season is done that isn't constricted to the schedule.

BigT2002 is offline  
Old
12-10-2011, 12:26 PM
  #61
Stepanformayor*
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 581
vCash: 500
If you read my post i said on todays roster. I am not talking about 4 years ago. My guess is there is not 19 kids on a NHL roster today that played high school hockey in Minnesota.

Stepanformayor* is offline  
Old
12-10-2011, 12:36 PM
  #62
Dr Jan Itor
Registered User
 
Dr Jan Itor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: MinneSNOWta
Posts: 10,816
vCash: 500
Gardiner
McDonagh
Wheeler
Ballard
Goligoski
Leipold
Oshie
Erik Johnson
Cullen
Hillen
Prosser
Lundin
Matt Hendricks
Langenbrunner
Backes
Leddy
Paul Martin
Niskinan
Faulk
Gilbert?

That's 19 (maybe 20) of the top of my head, probably doesn't include some guys that played HS up through their Junior years and then went elsewhere.

Dr Jan Itor is offline  
Old
12-10-2011, 12:37 PM
  #63
BuddyMcCormick
Registered User
 
BuddyMcCormick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,977
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stepanformayor View Post
Simply put, we are hockey. That's a complete joke right? First off no one else plays high school hockey in this country, so to say that we have the top 18 out of 20 teams in the Nation is so mis leading. Over the last 8-10 years Minnesota has fallen so far behind it is not even funny. The reason that we have fallen so far behind is that our high school players play 24 games and they play 65 in Ann Arbour, 65-70 playing AAA Midget, 65 games in the USHL. Here is a fact. There will not be a Minnesota high school hockey player taken in the top 50 in the NHL draft this year. The cold hard facts are that Shattuck has more players on a NHL roster right know than the whole state of Minnesota. There are 19 Shattuck kids on NHL rosters as of today. My guess is that there are not 19 kids in the NHL right know that played high school hockey in Minnesota. There are roughly 630 NHL roster spots and I would guess that maybe 12- 15 of those played high school hockey in Minnesota. That's a whopping 2.0%-2.5% of the leauge. Sorry to burst your bubble bud but this are the facts. Minnesota kids have never had a presence in the NHL and never will.
There's so much wrong with the paragraph I don't know where to begin. You're comparing different leagues, USHL has a higher cap ceiling. AAA Midgets is somewhat similar to Shattucks, in which they bring in talent from the outside. (Some of the best players in the NHL have played for Shattucks). It's similar to comparing a college team to Team USA.

Secondly, if you look here: http://www.quanthockey.com/nhl/us-st...-12-stats.html

There seems to be more than 19 quality players that are playing in the NHL. (That list also doesn't include TJ Oshie who spent a good portion (majority) of his life playing hockey in Minnesota.)

So please, do some fact checking before you come in and try to tell everyone how much you know about Minnesota hockey in the NHL.

BuddyMcCormick is offline  
Old
12-10-2011, 12:51 PM
  #64
Stepanformayor*
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 581
vCash: 500
You don't read very well because Sauer, Parise, Langenbrunner, Stepan, Okposo, McBain, Braun, Faust, Johnson, Alberts, Mueller, Big Byuff, Finley. Thats Thirteen guys on your list that did not play High school hockey in Minnesota. I do not consider guys with 3 games played a NHL player either. Maybe you should go back to a reading class. My post is going after the comment "We are hockey period.." When the facts say that there is nothing farther than the truth. So I will do the math for you. 38-13= 25-the bottom 7 that have 3 games played= 18. I was pretty close without the facts in front of me. 630 roster spots 18 Minnesota high school players = about 2.7%. So to the original poster "we are hockey period..." the facts say different!!


Last edited by Stepanformayor*: 12-10-2011 at 01:09 PM.
Stepanformayor* is offline  
Old
12-10-2011, 01:02 PM
  #65
Dr Jan Itor
Registered User
 
Dr Jan Itor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: MinneSNOWta
Posts: 10,816
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stepanformayor View Post
You don't read very well because Sauer, Parise, Langenbrunner, Stepan, McBain, Braun, Faust, Johnson, Alberts in fact about 10-12 of these guys did not play High school hockey in Minnesota. I do not consider guys with 3 games played a NHL player either .Maybe you should go back to a reading class. My post is going after the comment "We are hockey period.." When the facts say that there is nothing farther than the truth.
Langenbrunner is the only one on my list, and he played at Cloquet for a couple years and Faulk and Prosser are the only ones with limited action. Disagree with anybody else?

Dr Jan Itor is offline  
Old
12-10-2011, 01:12 PM
  #66
BuddyMcCormick
Registered User
 
BuddyMcCormick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,977
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stepanformayor View Post
You don't read very well because Sauer, Parise, Langenbrunner, Stepan, Okposo, McBain, Braun, Faust, Johnson, Alberts, Mueller, Big Byuff, Finley Thats Thirteen guys on your list that did not play High school hockey in Minnesota. I do not consider guys with 3 games played a NHL player either. Maybe you should go back to a reading class. My post is going after the comment "We are hockey period.." When the facts say that there is nothing farther than the truth.
But BigT provided proof on how "we are hockey" yet you refuse to read that. But whatevs, you can bend information to suite your argument. Not to mention you're ridiculous statement that nobody else plays high school hockey in the country. Could you be a bigger troll?

BuddyMcCormick is offline  
Old
12-10-2011, 01:26 PM
  #67
forthewild
Registered User
 
forthewild's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 3,628
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stepanformayor View Post
You don't read very well because Sauer, Parise, Langenbrunner, Stepan, Okposo, McBain, Braun, Faust, Johnson, Alberts, Mueller, Big Byuff, Finley. Thats Thirteen guys on your list that did not play High school hockey in Minnesota. I do not consider guys with 3 games played a NHL player either. Maybe you should go back to a reading class. My post is going after the comment "We are hockey period.." When the facts say that there is nothing farther than the truth. So I will do the math for you. 38-13= 25-the bottom 7 that have 3 games played= 18. I was pretty close without the facts in front of me. 630 roster spots 18 Minnesota high school players = about 2.7%. So to the original poster "we are hockey period..." the facts say different!!
1st off Minnesota has 4 million people very small population
2nd our state tournament has been a force in american hockey heritage and tradition for over 50 years
3rd when america last won olympic gold look up the roste
4th when america got silver in Vancouver there were quite a few minnesota players on the roster, Paul Martin would have been had he not been injured, Dustin Byfuglien should have been.
5th look up collage hockey and see what state has 5 division one teams and not only that but feeds other schools through out the nation?
6th WE ARE HOCKEY

forthewild is offline  
Old
12-10-2011, 02:03 PM
  #68
squidz*
dun worry he's cool
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: South of the Border
Country: United States
Posts: 11,897
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stepanformayor View Post
You don't read very well because Sauer, Parise, Langenbrunner, Stepan, Okposo, McBain, Braun, Faust, Johnson, Alberts, Mueller, Big Byuff, Finley. Thats Thirteen guys on your list that did not play High school hockey in Minnesota. I do not consider guys with 3 games played a NHL player either. Maybe you should go back to a reading class. My post is going after the comment "We are hockey period.." When the facts say that there is nothing farther than the truth. So I will do the math for you. 38-13= 25-the bottom 7 that have 3 games played= 18. I was pretty close without the facts in front of me. 630 roster spots 18 Minnesota high school players = about 2.7%. So to the original poster "we are hockey period..." the facts say different!!
Langenbrunner was drafted 35th overall in 1993 out of Cloquet Senior High School. He was a junior when he was drafted. After being drafted, he forewent his senior year to play in the OHL.

Byfuglien was born in Minneapolis, and raised in Roseau where he became a hockey player. He didn't end up playing high school hockey for Roseau because he was academically ineligible. They moved to Chicago where he played AAA then went to Canada to play in the WHL.

Parise and Stepan played for Shattuck, which last I checked was in Minnesota.

Those are just the ones I happen to know about off hand. Was there a single accurate claim in your post?

squidz* is offline  
Old
12-10-2011, 02:06 PM
  #69
tomgilbertfan
u wot m8
 
tomgilbertfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 8,731
vCash: 500
Erik Johnson played for Holy Angels.

EDIT:
Also "we are hockey" does not limit itself to NHL success. Its not about creating tons of all-stars its about a culture devoted to hockey. We sell out the X Every year for the Boys High School Hockey tournament. There are outdoor rinks EVERYWHERE, tons of people make their own in their backyard. The Oval is the largest outdoor artificial ice rink in the world.
Walk down the street and you'll see more people than not wearing something supporting hockey, either the Wild, one of our College teams, or High-school, or another team from elsewhere (also the fighting saints/north stars).
Trying to refute such an idea with NHL stats is as ignorant as it is asinine.

I was at a play it again sports and this conversations transpired:
Man walks in with ~10 year old daughter
Man: "We need to get her suited up"
Clerk "Everything?"
Man: "Everything."
And they proceded to get all her hockey stuff, with no need to say she needs stuff for hockey.

People take deep pride in their hockey teams, down to the High School teams. I frequently go back to my High School's boys games even though I graduated 3 years ago and live 3 hours away.


Last edited by tomgilbertfan: 12-10-2011 at 02:13 PM.
tomgilbertfan is offline  
Old
12-10-2011, 02:12 PM
  #70
651*
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Capital of MN 651
Country: United States
Posts: 2,601
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stepanformayor View Post
Simply put, we are hockey. That's a complete joke right? First off no one else plays high school hockey in this country, so to say that we have the top 18 out of 20 teams in the Nation is so mis leading. Over the last 8-10 years Minnesota has fallen so far behind it is not even funny. The reason that we have fallen so far behind is that our high school players play 24 games and they play 65 in Ann Arbour, 65-70 playing AAA Midget, 65 games in the USHL. Here is a fact. There will not be a Minnesota high school hockey player taken in the top 50 in the NHL draft this year. The cold hard facts are that Shattuck has more players on a NHL roster right know than the whole state of Minnesota. There are 19 Shattuck kids on NHL rosters as of today. My guess is that there are not 19 kids in the NHL right know that played high school hockey in Minnesota. There are roughly 630 NHL roster spots and I would guess that maybe 12- 15 of those played high school hockey in Minnesota. That's a whopping 2.0%-2.5% of the leauge. Sorry to burst your bubble bud but this are the facts. Minnesota kids have never had a presence in the NHL and never will.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stepanformayor View Post
You don't read very well because Sauer, Parise, Langenbrunner, Stepan, Okposo, McBain, Braun, Faust, Johnson, Alberts, Mueller, Big Byuff, Finley. Thats Thirteen guys on your list that did not play High school hockey in Minnesota. I do not consider guys with 3 games played a NHL player either. Maybe you should go back to a reading class. My post is going after the comment "We are hockey period.." When the facts say that there is nothing farther than the truth. So I will do the math for you. 38-13= 25-the bottom 7 that have 3 games played= 18. I was pretty close without the facts in front of me. 630 roster spots 18 Minnesota high school players = about 2.7%. So to the original poster "we are hockey period..." the facts say different!!
Minnesota has produced more NHLers than any other state in the nation by far.

https://www.google.com/#hl=en&sugexp...w=1024&bih=673

Where does your hatred of MN hockey come from, friend? There is absolutely no discussion when it comes to the fact that Minnesota runs the show in the grand scheme of American stick.

651* is offline  
Old
12-10-2011, 03:19 PM
  #71
Stepanformayor*
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 581
vCash: 500
If 18 Minnesota high school hockey players on NHL rosters is alot to you guys than end of argument. Remember like I said, that's about 2.5% of the roster spots avaliable in the NHL. That's not a big number to me, but remember that's New York math. Your state does not produce that many NHL players that have made a difference in the NHL. Has a Minnesota guy ever finished in the top 20 in scoring in the NHL. If you have so many great players in Minny than how come only 18 are on NHL rosters right know. Seems to me if "We are hockey period.." Than you should have more than 2.5% of the players in the leauge right? Your high school hockey is overrated as far as the nhl guys are concerened because you only get 10-12 guys drated every year. This year there is not one Minnesota high schooler rated in the top 60 in the NHL draft. That to me does not = 'We are hockey period..." If your lucky this year out of the 210 kids that get drafted you might have 6-8 guys that played high school hockey this year get drafted. That's 4% of the draft folks. For the poster that really thinks there playing high school hockey any where else other than the Boston area there not. All the good kids play for Culver, Little Ceasers, Honey Baked ,Madison Capitals, Pittsburgh Hornets, Chicago Chill, Chicago Mission, Dallas Stars, Phoneix Road Runners, Junior Saint Louis Blues. I could name 20 more if you want. These teams are being coached by X NHLers and they all play for 9 months of the year and play more than 24 games (which for most Minnesota high school teams you maybe have 5-7 games all year that are played with any jam at all). Maybe you should change that comment to "We are NOT hockey period..."

Stepanformayor* is offline  
Old
12-10-2011, 03:32 PM
  #72
Dr Jan Itor
Registered User
 
Dr Jan Itor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: MinneSNOWta
Posts: 10,816
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stepanformayor View Post
If 18 Minnesota high school hockey players on NHL rosters is alot to you guys than end of argument. Remember like I said, that's about 2.5% of the roster spots avaliable in the NHL. That's not a big number to me, but remember that's New York math. Your state does not produce that many NHL players that have made a difference in the NHL. Has a Minnesota guy ever finished in the top 20 in scoring in the NHL. If you have so many great players in Minny than how come only 18 are on NHL rosters right know. Seems to me if "We are hockey period.." Than you should have more than 2.5% of the players in the leauge right? Your high school hockey is overrated as far as the nhl guys are concerened because you only get 10-12 guys drated every year. This year there is not one Minnesota high schooler rated in the top 60 in the NHL draft. That to me does not = 'We are hockey period..." If your lucky this year out of the 210 kids that get drafted you might have 6-8 guys that played high school hockey this year get drafted. That's 4% of the draft folks. For the poster that really thinks there playing high school hockey any where else other than the Boston area there not. All the good kids play for Culver, Little Ceasers, Honey Baked ,Madison Capitals, Pittsburgh Hornets, Chicago Chill, Chicago Mission, Dallas Stars, Phoneix Road Runners, Junior Saint Louis Blues. I could name 20 more if you want. These teams are being coached by X NHLers and they all play for 9 months of the year and play more than 24 games (which for most Minnesota high school teams you maybe have 5-7 games all year that are played with any jam at all). Maybe you should change that comment to "We are NOT hockey period..."
Although it's probably a waste of time to respond to you, I'll bite...

1. Zach Parise has been in the top 20 in scoring in the NHL. Not a MN High School player, but he is a MN hockey player. You lose.

2. I'm not surprised of your position, as every angle of your argument is NHL-centered. For a lot of people here, HS and college is much more important than the NHL. Notice we are not saying "we are the NHL period...".

3. I'd be very interested in the number of Minnesotan's who played HS hockey vs. the number of AMERICANS in the NHL. Compare this to any single organization, and I bet we hold up pretty well. I'm sure the NTDP is #1, but whatever.

4. You're entire counter-argument shows that you really don't have any idea about what our position in this argument is, so I imagine the last 5 minutes of my life have been a complete waste of time, as I'm sure your response won't be sufficient.

5. Blow me.

Dr Jan Itor is offline  
Old
12-10-2011, 03:41 PM
  #73
Stepanformayor*
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 581
vCash: 500
Your right Zach Parise did not play High School hockey here. That's my point. WIN.

I take offense to the last comment also.

I am just saying that the comment "We are hockey period" is not a true statement. Go Rangers!!

Stepanformayor* is offline  
Old
12-10-2011, 03:48 PM
  #74
BuddyMcCormick
Registered User
 
BuddyMcCormick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,977
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stepanformayor View Post
Your right Zach Parise did not play High School hockey here. That's my point. WIN.

I take offense to the last comment also.

I am just saying that the comment "We are hockey period" is not a true statement. Go Rangers!!

But Parise grew up playing hockey in Minnesota. WIN! None of your argument makes any sense. We don't have a good hockey program but yet the good hockey players that were born/raised in the state don't count if they don't play in our high school hockey program because they choose to pursue different routes on the way to the NHL. Then when we do have high school players make it to the NHL it's a null point because we don't have enough? Which point are you trying to make? That our high school program isn't good? Hockey players from Minnesota aren't good? Before you respond take a long time to think what argument you are actually trying to make.

Yet Parise spent most of his young hockey career playing in Minnesota. WIN! Shattucks is in Minnesota...

BuddyMcCormick is offline  
Old
12-10-2011, 03:48 PM
  #75
Dr Jan Itor
Registered User
 
Dr Jan Itor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: MinneSNOWta
Posts: 10,816
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stepanformayor View Post
Your right Zach Parise did not play High School hockey here. That's my point. WIN.

I take offense to the last comment also.

I am just saying that the comment "We are hockey period" is not a true statement. Go Rangers!!
He was a "Minnesota guy", which is what you gave as your criteria. Raised in Minnesota, played youth hockey in Minnesota, and went to Minnesota prep school. If you want to keep changing the goalposts, that's your deal.

Good.

It's obviously not LITERALLY true, but please, show me a state in the US with a higher commitment to the SPORT OF HOCKEY. Please. I dare you.

Dr Jan Itor is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:07 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.