HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

More moves to come?

Old
12-10-2011, 08:32 AM
bsl

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldplay View Post
David Pagnotta:

Today's roster move by MTL won't be their last, but you've gotta wonder when they're going to address need for help up front.
To be more precise, unlike this ignorant 'journalist', our need for help at CENTER.

bsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2011, 08:41 AM
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vsevolod Bobrov View Post
Weber will probably be traded for a pick

Gomez will be sent to Hamilton for 2012-2013

If some GM is dumb enough to give something valuble for Gionta or Cammalleri, do it asap (but PG is usually the sucker when he's dealing so don't count on it).
Gomez is not going to be sent to Hamilton.

You've got to get out of this stupid thing you're doing. I know you are better than this! *

*My new standard mod invisible answer to idiots. Let's adopt it!

Last edited by bsl: 12-10-2011 at 08:54 AM.
bsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2011, 08:51 AM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
Gionta doesn't "have to go" anywhere.

Some of you guys are hilarious.
It's pretty frigging hilarious to me. The guy has scored 27 and 29 goals the last 2 years. He's very good in the playoffs, he's good in his own end, stays healthy, is a competitor and IS OUR FRIGGING CAPTAIN. Yet people want to dump him for a bag of pucks.

Our smaller players have it much harder than small players on other teams due to the lack of size/physicality on the team. Why is this so hard to see? Cam's compete level is not where it should be. However, you can't expect him to create space on a smaller/less physical team.

hockeyfan2k11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2011, 08:53 AM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsl View Post
LG you know that we agree on general direction and strategy. You and I believe in collecting picks, and we know why.

We also know that Caps are dying for a cup. Now is the time to attack yes? I could not agree more. This seems the perfect time to trade Cammy to a team that needs his proven playoff performance to lift the cup. This year. Now.

Cammy is our greatest opportunity to gain very good draft picks while we are have no chance at winning the cup.

But sadly LG, there is no way the Caps give us that top 3 pick for Cammy. You know it, and I know it.

I do think PG should try to make it happen though. Why not try. I just do not feel that there is enough fear in the Caps organization to push them into giving us this pick.

This is extremely frustrating. Habs need to wangle a top 3 pick, NOW, while Price is still young, we both agree on this. But the days of stupid GM's are long gone.

We need a club with a GM that is very close to a cup, and very afraid of not winning one. Caps are not this team, yet. There is just not enough fear there for us to take advantage of.

Burke may be the last idiot to give up first round picks with a bad team. That window has closed.

I am at a loss now to imagine how the Habs will ever pick top 3. I really am.
We traded our top ****ing prospect for Gomez.
Look no further than our own GM.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2011, 08:57 AM
Garry Valk

Something else is coming. Just throwing it out there, but what about Sam Gagner? I'd love to see Weber+ go for Gagner, he could then slot in on the 2nd or 3rd line. Very talented and still very young.

Brassard is another option. I suspect Weber+Kostitsyn may be shipped out. But how sweet would it be if Gomez went?

Garry Valk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2011, 08:59 AM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Trading Kostitsyn is idiotic. The guy is one of our leading goal scorers, throws the body, has hands, is creative, and is no longer a defensive liability.

Old
12-10-2011, 09:01 AM
Garry Valk

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Trading Kostitsyn is idiotic. The guy is one of our leading goal scorers, throws the body, has hands, is creative, and is no longer a defensive liability.
Completely agree - but he's a UFA at year end and will command $4 or $5 mill. Not worth it in my opinion.

Garry Valk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2011, 09:27 AM
Bobby12345

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenice View Post
Also, unlike other players in a similar situation, Gomez has been a classy guy and as far as I know not dissed the team or management
What reason would he have to diss anyone but himself?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenice View Post
and put forth an honest effort on and off the ice.
You've been watching 2005-06 highlight reels right and not actual game from the last 2 years right?

Bobby12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2011, 09:35 AM
Halifaxhab*

1.Trade Gomez to anyone for anything...don't add anything to him....if no one wants him I hear Hamilton would be a good place to have him.

2. Fire JM, he's lost the room

3. Hire the most qualified coach. My choice would be Carlyle, but at this point anyone would do

4. start winning some damn games, if you can't, then sell off assets for futures

Halifaxhab* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2011, 09:43 AM
Born in 1909
Hockey Royalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Right Price View Post
If I were a GM, even for a team having trouble reaching the cap floor, I would laugh at you if you offered me Gomez. A guy who's getting paid 7 M and pots about 10 goals in 2 seasons (he's lucky IMO if he even scores three this season).

Only way we get rid of his contract is if we a) buy him out (ain't happening) b) bury him (might happen but very unlikely) c) trade him and offer our first rounder too with the counterpart offering nothing.

Fact is that if I was PG I would lock Price up for as long as he wants and for as much money he wants. He is going to costs us more than many of you think. I think he'll get atleast a 5 year deal, for around 6,2 M (Rinne got 7 M).

Gorges, Subban could be looking at 3-4 M each.

E) Cammy to Washington.. well.. only possible deal I could see developing is a Cammy + for Laich +.. I really like Brooks so I'd approve a deal like this. I don't think GMGM will move his defensemen.
15 years like Dipietro?

until 2027?

Sweet.

Born in 1909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2011, 09:44 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan2k11 View Post
It's pretty frigging hilarious to me. The guy has scored 27 and 29 goals the last 2 years. He's very good in the playoffs, he's good in his own end, stays healthy, is a competitor and IS OUR FRIGGING CAPTAIN. Yet people want to dump him for a bag of pucks.

Our smaller players have it much harder than small players on other teams due to the lack of size/physicality on the team. Why is this so hard to see? Cam's compete level is not where it should be. However, you can't expect him to create space on a smaller/less physical team.
Do Cole Pacioretty Eller AK and Moen not have size and physicality? We have 6 forwards above 6'2" or 210lbs.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2011, 10:06 AM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by flapshots View Post
What reason would he have to diss anyone but himself?

You've been watching 2005-06 highlight reels right and not actual game from the last 2 years right?
I was referring to players like Souray, Commodore, Avery and Redden. Someone similar to Gomez - that being someone on their way to being sent to the AHL or bought out. I think Gomez has tried out on the ice, he hasn't accomplished much and he doesn't fit in here and probably never will, but in my opinion, he has tried.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan2k11 View Post

The way to fix the lack of size/ physicality we have is to unload some of smaller players. I'd keep Cammalleri over Gionta if I was keeping one of them but it wouldn't bother me if both went. Gionta plays bigger than he is but I'd rather have someone big who plays big, even if he only scores 23-25 goals instead of 27 - 29 goals.

Frozenice is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2011, 10:17 AM
Andy

Quote:
David Pagnotta:

Today's roster move by MTL won't be their last, but you've gotta wonder when they're going to address need for help up front.
Ya just like he indicated a management shuffle was imminent right? The Kaberle deal shows nothing was imminent, in fact it shows that Molson has faith in his management team.

David Pagnotta knows squat.

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2011, 10:30 AM
durojean

I'd try to trade of Plekanec and Gorges for a better forward... could help us a lot in the future... plus Eller has to be tried on a more offensive role and Gomez could be used has our third line center.

But with Kaberle being Plekanec's friend... probably means we'll keep Pleks...

durojean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2011, 10:34 AM
Corncob

Quote:
Originally Posted by durojean View Post
I'd try to trade of Plekanec and Gorges for a better forward...
Can you specify some of these 'better' forwards who you think might be available for suck a deal?

Corncob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2011, 10:38 AM
The Kremelin Wall*
the krEMELIN wall

Quote:
I'd try to trade of Plekanec and Gorges for a better forward... could help us a lot in the future... plus Eller has to be tried on a more offensive role and Gomez could be used has our third line center.

The ship has sailed for making the team better. We're getting another 5 years of trading youngsters and I guess with the new system, 4th place finishes. Good enough for a first round exit, not bad enough for a good draft pick. We'll always have good prospects and youngsters lined up, then our coach will alienate them and we'll trade them for nothing. It's sad because it almost looked like the franchise had learned from their past mistakes.

The Kremelin Wall* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2011, 11:16 AM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanBostonRedsox View Post
So, I have read a few articles on the internet today regarding the Kaberle for Spacek trade. I have a feeling that there will be a trade or two in the coming weeks, involving Gomez (yeah, believe it) and/or Weber. We have Gorges, Price, Eller, and Subban to name 4 who are free agents after this season, and regardless of if they are RFA's, they are all due for raises, with Price due for millions more. We don't have enough money to resign all of these guys, and I think it is integral for Montreal's future to resign these guys. The point is we don't have enough money to resign these guys with the acquisition Kaberle (unless we are going to send Gomez down to the AHL). Weber is in the doghouse for the Canadiens, and was just a healthy scratch last night, so I would be willing to put money on Weber being dealt. What do you all think?

Edit: Something popped in my head. A reason for acquiring Kaberle is because Plekanec and Kaberle are best friends. Kaberle told Plek to sign in Toronto prior to his last contract renewal.

not sure about that

listen to the interview of Pleks being asked about Kaberle. He was more upset that Spacho left and barely said anything glowing about Kaberle, just that he's a PP guy and has a good first pass, same as we all know.

On the other hand, Gauthier in his interview DID mention that they aren't worried about cap space and that players can always be moves around, specifically offensive ones. Now I dunno if he is just dreaming in this regard or planning a terrible trade, but my guess is that he doesn't think he'll have a problem freeing up the cash he just spent on Kaberle. Honestly I want to see this team with a healthy Gomez and Markov to fully evaluate it. Sucks cuz it will likely mean too little too late, but I am perhaps blindly optimistic that this team that keeps losing by a goal (many times in what would be a tie game in the old NHL) is better than we think. I'm annoyed, but practically know we're hugggely underachieving and need a small re-calibration and definitely not a rebuild.

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2011, 11:19 AM
habtastic

Quote:

please be joking, please. Eller is getting ice time like we want, don't worry about that. Pleks and Gorges are our best players up front and at the back and YES i'm satisfied with them.

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2011, 11:51 AM
Fel 96
JFC

Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
Quote:
Le dg du #lightning, Steve Yzerman assiste au match #canadiens-#devils Tampa GM at the game this afternoon.
http://twitter.com/#!/renhockey/stat...60980431179776

Interesting..

Fel 96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2011, 11:52 AM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fel 96 View Post
He can have Campoli, Diaz or Weber.

Leave Emelin alone.

Old
12-10-2011, 11:53 AM
Fel 96
JFC

Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
Also:
Quote:
10 dépisteurs au match. 3 Chicago, ana, stl, wash 2, 1 caro, 1 cal, 1 tb
http://twitter.com/#!/renhockey/stat...61385894555648

Fel 96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2011, 11:56 AM
Optimus Price

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fel 96 View Post
Vinny to MTL ?

Optimus Price is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2011, 12:03 PM
Andy

Maybe they are all scouting the Devils. There are two teams on the ice.

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2011, 01:07 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
David Pagnotta:

While they may be able to use some help up front, the biggest help the forwards could realistically get is a change behind the bench. With a coach preaching a more offensive style, scoring won't be an issue.

More toughness however, with a player like Clarkson (NJD) or Neil (OTT) would be welcomed, not to replace but to support Travis Moen.

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2011, 01:20 PM
FlyingKostitsyn

vCash: 827
Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus Price View Post
Vinny to MTL ?
As long as we send Gomez the other way! But I'm very scared of what we'd have to send their way.

FlyingKostitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote