HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Our lineup after Comrie

Closed Thread

Old
11-03-2003, 07:25 AM
outKast*

vCash: 500
Our lineup after Comrie

This how are lineups might look like after the Oilers management trade Mike Comrie

If we don't trade him our lineup would look like so...

Smyth Comrie Hemsky
Isbister York Dvorak
Moreau Reasoner Pisani
Torres Horcoff Laraque

d stays the same. does that really make us a whole lot better than now?

If it's true that LA might move Frolov and Kuznetsov for Comrie our lineup would look like so?

Isbister Smyth Hemsky
Frolov York Dvorak
Moreau Reasoner Pisani
Torres Horcoff Laraque

Brewer Cross
Smith Staois
Bergeron Semenov/Kuznetsov/Fergusson

does that lineup look better? i say trade one of our excess D along with Mike.

If we accept Atlanta's proposal which includes Stefan and Coburn for Comrie our lineup would look like so.

Isbister Smyth Hemsky
York Stefan Dvorak
Moreau Reasoner Pisani
Torres Horcoff Laraque
D stays the same till Coburn is ready. That trade doesnt improve our team right now but in the future it could be a steal.

Or Florida's offer...Weiss and Kraijcek/Van Ryn for Comrie + something

Isbister Smyth Hemsky
Torres York Dvorak
Moreau Reasoner Pisani
Horcoff Weiss Laraque
D stays preety much the same.

In conclusion, If Kevin Lowe wants to improve our team right now i think LA's offer is the best one. If Lowe wants to invest in the future i would take Atlanta's trade proposal over Florida's. what do you guys think?

Old
11-03-2003, 07:31 AM
dawgbone

Send a message via ICQ to dawgbone Send a message via MSN to dawgbone
I don't see the Oilers trading for a guy who invented the whole reason the Oilers got into the Comrie mess to begin with.

Stefan is not a second line centre... on this team, or any other. You could decide to put him on the 3rd or 4th and move Horc or Reasoner up... but this trade does nothing for the Oilers present team.

I definitely like the other 2 deals better... as good as cobourn may become, Stefan is luggage the oilers don't need to carry around.

Old
11-03-2003, 07:45 AM
copperandblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgbone
I definitely like the other 2 deals better... as good as cobourn may become, Stefan is luggage the oilers don't need to carry around.
Is it enough to get Hurme and Coburn for Comrie or are we over paying?

Not trying to suggest that Salo HAS to be traded but just for conversation, is he tradeable?

If Salo is tradeable then what about two seperate deals, Comrie for Hurme and Coburn then Salo in a seperate deal for a center or something else?

At the very least we end up with a future top 2 D and our goaltending should remain at the minimum - just as good as it has been so far this season - and we shave almost 4.5 mil in salary (2.9 mil from Salo's contract and 1.5 mil? allowed to Comrie). That 4.5 could net a rental to get us through this season if we need it because after the lock out our team should be much more poised for the next step. Thoughts?

Old
11-03-2003, 08:22 AM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via ICQ to thome_26
My first choice would be fro Frolov. I'm a big fan of this kid and think he'll be a perfect trigger man for Hemsky in a couple years. The fact that he's passable defensively is pretty good for such a young player too. IMO the Atlanta deal is definately acceptable, but I don't think that Stefan will be nearly as good as Frolov, but damn it would be nice to get Coburn, but I doubt that we have a chance at him anyways unless he's all we are getting which isn't good at all.

I'm also not a big Wiess/Krajicek/Van-Ryan fan. Don't think that any one of the three will develop into possibly impact players like Frolov can.

Old
11-03-2003, 08:48 AM
jadeddog

i dont actually mind the LA deal... i think frolov has the talent to be a pretty solid 2nd line winger who can shoot/score... and if we can get a pretty good defense prospect as well that wouldnt be too bad....though i personally think that a 2nd round pick thrown in would make the deal more doable from edmonton's standpoint

Old
11-03-2003, 09:09 AM
speeds

Personally I just can't believe the takes some people have on Stefan, maybe I'm just way out to lunch on the guy. To me he looks like a guy who can really be something a year or two from now, and he's a pretty good defensive player at the moment as well.

Old
11-03-2003, 01:02 PM
LoudmouthHemskyfan#1

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilflip
This how are lineups might look like after the Oilers management trade Mike Comrie

If we don't trade him our lineup would look like so...

Smyth Comrie Hemsky
Isbister York Dvorak
Moreau Reasoner Pisani
Torres Horcoff Laraque
?
To answer your question, YES, that lineup is alot better, especially if you factor in PP lines. Adding a point-producing talent and not having to do things like put 4th line centers on the PP or 4th line wingers in the top six would of course improve our team. I might mess with the lines, but our forward core is definately better.

BTW- it won't happen, but I sure hope Shawn Horcoff gets sat and Sarno gets in.

Closed Thread