HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Brayden Schenn out with concussion

Old
12-10-2011, 12:40 PM
MsWoof

vCash: 500
I'm finding many teams are shying away from calling it a concussion. The Leafs did this with Reimer and called it "concussion-like symptoms". I think they're worried that if they admit it's a concussion everyone is going to panic.

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2011, 02:02 PM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWoof View Post
I'm finding many teams are shying away from calling it a concussion. The Leafs did this with Reimer and called it "concussion-like symptoms". I think they're worried that if they admit it's a concussion everyone is going to panic.
I dunno man if you look at the Flyers hf boards they are already starting to cry/burn Schenn jerseys/apply Schenn trade scenarios.

Jason Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2011, 02:06 PM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by funky View Post
This summer at Stoll's golf tourney, I spoke to Schenn for a bit. It was the day the trade went down and he was very excited. What suprised me the most is he looked like he was 170 lbs. He was tiny framed compaired to his peers. I am not suprised by the injuries. Hope he can battle through it and get back soon.
Honestly that has been the knock on Schenn for SO long. That he isn't physically strong enough to make up for his lack of size. I mean I remember people saying that when he was drafted.

Ya know all the typicals of a high pick, "going to be a great player in the NHL, good hands, great hockey sense." etc etc etc

but the one knock, not really knock...but necessity lacking, was "he needs to get stronger."

Old
12-10-2011, 02:07 PM
MsWoof

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaygokings View Post
I dunno man if you look at the Flyers hf boards they are already starting to cry/burn Schenn jerseys/apply Schenn trade scenarios.
I don't know what my post has to do with this but as far as trading Schenn, if Pronger can't recover, Philly needs better defence so trading a guy who really hasn't done a thing since the season started wouldn't be a bad idea at all.

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2011, 02:10 PM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
I don't know what my post has to do with this but as far as trading Schenn, if Pronger can't recover, Philly needs better defence so trading a guy who really hasn't done a thing since the season started wouldn't be a bad idea at all.
You were saying they stay away from saying concussion....and I was saying that people were already panicking on Flyers boards even before it was announced as a concussion heh. Sorry for the confusion.

Old
12-10-2011, 02:54 PM
Maynard

Send a message via AIM to Maynard
Quote:
Could be why we're not hearing a lot about Richards' symptoms.

Maynard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2011, 05:26 PM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maynard View Post
Could be why we're not hearing a lot about Richards' symptoms.
Pretty sure Hammond said today that it was actually Mike Richards neck that got hurt and not his head actually.

Old
12-10-2011, 06:43 PM
Chazz Reinhold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaygokings View Post
Pretty sure Hammond said today that it was actually Mike Richards neck that got hurt and not his head actually.
Where did you see that? I didn't read anything about a neck injury.

Just based on the fact that there was that article talking about how Mitchell (major concussion) is helping Richards get through this and Helene Elliot referring to it as a "head injury" today, I don't think there's any way you can say it's not a concussion, and that's not even considering how they're handling his workouts.

And then there was Murray talking about the issue of “Traveling, being around a lot of noise, or a lot of people asking every day how you are doing. It’s hard."

I don't see how it's not a concussion.

Chazz Reinhold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2011, 07:11 PM
Kingurentai

I really feel bad for him. That must drive an athlete of his caliber nuts no tbeing able to play. It's one thing if you lose out because you don't play well, but injuries.

Hope for both him and Flyer fans, he gets his chance. Healthy.

Kingurentai is offline   Reply With Quote