HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Col-phi

Closed Thread

Old
12-10-2011, 02:40 PM
o Hamhuis 2 x

vCash: 500
Col-phi

To Colorado: Brayden Schenn, Wayne Simmonds, 1st, Matt Carle
To Philadelphia: Erik Johnson, Jay McClement, Ryan O'Byrne

Here in Philly, we really need a top defenseman. You can't tell me we're going to continue to play with Bourdon and Marshall because we won't be successful that way. Erik Johnson would be a great fit here in my opinion. Also, our penalty kill isn't bad at all, but with a guy like McClement, it would be even better. Finally, getting O'Byrne helps our depth but not much more than that. It would be hard for Colorado to trade away EJ but I think this package might be able to get the job done. It may not though lol that's why I need opinions. Wayne Simmonds can do everything for his team and we would miss that with Philly, but you need to give to get. Then, Brayden Schenn, who is one of the top prospects in the league, also goes to Colorado. He is a very good player and these injuries aren't doing anything to his progress. The first isn't going to be very high though, so that could be a dealbreaker. Finally, we include Carle to send back a little extra salary and so Colorado has another dman to replace Johnson. The more I typed this, the more I thought Colorado might not accept it. So instead, tell me which pieces need to be changed from Philly and if you would rather send us another player instead of McClement.

Old
12-10-2011, 02:45 PM
HooliganX2

I don't see Colorado doing this they need EJ more then they need the pieces offered. Colorado also needs a top defenseman and hope EJ will become it.

Old
12-10-2011, 02:46 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

vCash: 130
Colorado needs Johnson more than Schenn.

Old
12-10-2011, 02:46 PM
Campoli2Burrows

Colorado will not trade from a position of weakness (defense) for a position of strength (center) if they're smart.

Old
12-10-2011, 02:47 PM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

Avs don't need another center and there's just no way EJ gets traded.

Old
12-10-2011, 02:50 PM
o Hamhuis 2 x

Ok I see what the problem is now. Do you have any other good defensemen that could possibly get traded for a winger?

Old
12-10-2011, 02:58 PM
avsfan9

kyle quincey but, we need him too.

Old
12-10-2011, 03:00 PM
LordClaudeAlmighty28
I believe in G-sus

Not trading Schenn for anything at the moment. Anything.

Old
12-10-2011, 03:03 PM
GagneHanson12

I would kill to get EJ, but its highly unlikely COL trades him.

Old
12-10-2011, 03:05 PM
Avs44
Chicago? Chicago

vCash: 380
We don't need more centers. We have Duchene, Stastny and O'Reilly. No need for Schenn. This team needs wingers, but were not in a position to move a D-man. Col says no.

Old
12-10-2011, 03:08 PM
Pepin le bref

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
Colorado needs Johnson more than Schenn.
This and Colorado is already strong down the middle with Duchene and Stastny. Besides, given his kamikaze style, Schenn has a good chance to be injury prone. He is a very good prospect but I wouldn't give up the farm for him.

Colorado declines

Old
12-10-2011, 03:36 PM
chewey
dmitri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepin le bref View Post
This and Colorado is already strong down the middle with Duchene and Stastny. Besides, given his kamikaze style, Schenn has a good chance to be injury prone. He is a very good prospect but I wouldn't give up the farm for him.

Colorado declines
Ryan O'Reilly as well. Duchene has been on wing for majority of the year now I believe. Probably will stay there long term hopefully. O'Reilly has been shown to be a potential no. 2.

Old
12-10-2011, 05:14 PM
Lonewolfe2015

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by o Hamhuis 2 x View Post
Ok I see what the problem is now. Do you have any other good defensemen that could possibly get traded for a winger?
Kyle Quincey for a top 6 winger with some speed that shoots first.

Old
12-10-2011, 05:17 PM
Kader

Quote:
Originally Posted by o Hamhuis 2 x View Post
To Colorado: Brayden Schenn, Wayne Simmonds, 1st, Matt Carle
To Philadelphia: Erik Johnson, Jay McClement, Ryan O'Byrne

Here in Philly, we really need a top defenseman. You can't tell me we're going to continue to play with Bourdon and Marshall because we won't be successful that way. Erik Johnson would be a great fit here in my opinion. Also, our penalty kill isn't bad at all, but with a guy like McClement, it would be even better. Finally, getting O'Byrne helps our depth but not much more than that. It would be hard for Colorado to trade away EJ but I think this package might be able to get the job done. It may not though lol that's why I need opinions. Wayne Simmonds can do everything for his team and we would miss that with Philly, but you need to give to get. Then, Brayden Schenn, who is one of the top prospects in the league, also goes to Colorado. He is a very good player and these injuries aren't doing anything to his progress. The first isn't going to be very high though, so that could be a dealbreaker. Finally, we include Carle to send back a little extra salary and so Colorado has another dman to replace Johnson. The more I typed this, the more I thought Colorado might not accept it. So instead, tell me which pieces need to be changed from Philly and if you would rather send us another player instead of McClement.
After how much Philly paid to get Schenn out from Dean Lombardi's clutch, it's going to take a lot more than that to get him out of Philly. Let's not forget, he was the best prospect not yet playing in the NHL a few months ago. He's going to be a great player, and in 2 years Brayden Schenn > Erik Johnson.

Old
12-10-2011, 05:25 PM
BrickAHL
No Scrubs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kader View Post
After how much Philly paid to get Schenn out from Dean Lombardi's clutch, it's going to take a lot more than that to get him out of Philly.
Same with Erik Johnson so Colorado also says no.

Old
12-10-2011, 05:25 PM
Avs44
Chicago? Chicago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kader View Post
After how much Philly paid to get Schenn out from Dean Lombardi's clutch, it's going to take a lot more than that to get him out of Philly. Let's not forget, he was the best prospect not yet playing in the NHL a few months ago. He's going to be a great player, and in 2 years Brayden Schenn > Erik Johnson.
Maybe to Philly, but to the Avs, Johnson>Schenn. Think about other teams needs here. We don't need more centers. It's pretty simple.

Old
12-10-2011, 06:47 PM
Pirate Deadpool
I hate Minnesota!

I might be the only fan that would say "hell yeah" to this deal. EJ is a friggin bust at the moment and I'm not one of those Avs fans that are willing to wait 5 to 6 years to find out if he becomes an elite or an above average consistent #1 dman. Well it could be that he's not playing well because of bad coaching, but he isn't even playing as good as he did right after getting traded last year where he would have a few dominant games here and there while this year he has only had 2 really good games and a lot of average or bad games. Jay McRib has been playing a lot better this year and ROB as well, but I believe both are easily replaced in free agency so yeah I'd take this deal.

And I'd keep Schenn and move stazz or keep duchene at wing. Lots of trade bait at C could help the avs get that elite winger that they need desperately.

Old
12-10-2011, 10:50 PM
Goulet17

Isn't Schenn injured again, this time with a concussion?

This kid is turning into the next HF Boards myth legend.

At some point he has to start showing something at the NHL level to maintain his great myth status, right?

Old
12-10-2011, 10:57 PM
JVR21
G

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goulet17 View Post

At some point he has to start showing something at the NHL level to maintain his great myth status, right?
It's not his fault he's been injured. The guy can't even legally drink in the US yet and you're starting to write him off?

Old
12-10-2011, 11:15 PM
The Infamous Tank
Franklinator Maker

Could Carle be switched with Coburn?

I'd be willing to add Gaunce if that was the case

Old
12-11-2011, 12:56 AM
Avs44
Chicago? Chicago

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVR21 View Post
It's not his fault he's been injured. The guy can't even legally drink in the US yet and you're starting to write him off?
A players durability does affect his value. I know it's not his fault, but people keep touting him as the next best thing. Cmon, he's proven nothing in the NHL, right now I honestly think he's hugely overrated. I need to see him actually do something before I'll believe all the hype.

Old
12-11-2011, 08:04 AM
WeekendAtBernies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs44 View Post
A players durability does affect his value. I know it's not his fault, but people keep touting him as the next best thing. Cmon, he's proven nothing in the NHL, right now I honestly think he's hugely overrated. I need to see him actually do something before I'll believe all the hype.
I agree completely. So can you remind me again why EJ carries so much perceived value?

Because to me, the above bolded lines from your post pretty much perfectly describe Erik Johnson.

Why does he get a pass, but Schenn doesn't?

I'm confused.

Old
12-11-2011, 08:16 AM
Kaktus*

Why are the Flyers giving up so much? My god. We are gutting our team in this one.
Hell no!

Old
12-11-2011, 08:19 AM
Manked
Ooh to be a Gooner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goulet17 View Post

I understand that he's injured, but I completely agree with this statement.

I think Schenn will be a good player, but it's ridiculous HOW much he's obsessed over on this board.

Yet, a lot of people think he'll only be a 2nd line Center and somehow he's still idolized like the next...Claude Giroux.

Old
12-11-2011, 10:19 AM
phlocky

You do realize that for Schenn we could likely get OEL straight up and that OEL is/will be better than EJ right???

There were rumors (somewhat confirmed) that the Flyers were in talks with the Jets/Thashers about moving Carter for Bogo + 7th OA this past off-season but that the Jets decided to keep their pick. In hindsight, I REALLY wish that Flyers had offered Richards to the Jets for Bogo + 7th OA. We could have turned Richards and Carter into Couturier, Voracek, Bogosian and Hamilton. That would have been a replacement for Richards (Couturier), a very good playmaking 2nd line wing with top line potential, and a complete top defensive pairing including a potential Weber & Suter lite cloning with Bogo + Hamilton (bogo & Hamilton probably won't be as good but could "resemble" them in their style and hopefully would develope to be NEARLY as good).

Unfortunately we didn't know that Couturier would fall to us at #8 so we damned well wanted to get a top end center prospect like Schenn with having sent out both Carter and Richards.

Closed Thread