HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Does Schwab get a start this week?

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-03-2003, 11:11 AM
  #1
tmg
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 1,499
vCash: 500
Does Schwab get a start this week?

The Devils play Wednesday, Friday, Saturday. Typically, on a three-games-in-four-days, the backup will get one of the back-to-back games. But it may be better to use Schwab against out-of-conference San Jose and use Brodeur two nights in a row against in-conference contenders Toronto and Ottawa.

So, what do you think is the plan? Schwab for San Jose Wednesday, Toronto Friday, Ottawa Saturday, or none of the above?

tmg is offline  
Old
11-03-2003, 11:23 AM
  #2
Unthinkable
Guest
 
Country:
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmg
The Devils play Wednesday, Friday, Saturday. Typically, on a three-games-in-four-days, the backup will get one of the back-to-back games. But it may be better to use Schwab against out-of-conference San Jose and use Brodeur two nights in a row against in-conference contenders Toronto and Ottawa.

So, what do you think is the plan? Schwab for San Jose Wednesday, Toronto Friday, Ottawa Saturday, or none of the above?
San Jose makes the most sense to me, but I could see him getting the start against Toronto with the way they have been playing defensively lately.

 
Old
11-03-2003, 11:39 AM
  #3
tmg
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 1,499
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unthinkable
San Jose makes the most sense to me, but I could see him getting the start against Toronto with the way they have been playing defensively lately.
Actually, now that I think about it, it's probably best that Schwab starts against Toronto. He had two starts against Toronto last season and allowed a total of one goal in the two games (unfortunately for the Devils, that one goal-allowed was in a game in which they failed to score any goals).

tmg is offline  
Old
11-03-2003, 12:26 PM
  #4
Tbg1515
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 840
vCash: 500
I think he should play against San Jose, but he could also start against tToronto his former team, no matter when starts he will not get Ottawa!

Tbg1515 is offline  
Old
11-03-2003, 02:26 PM
  #5
4check22
Registered User
 
4check22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Karl Spackler
Country: United States
Posts: 3,045
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to 4check22 Send a message via Yahoo to 4check22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbg1515
I think he should play against San Jose, but he could also start against tToronto his former team, no matter when starts he will not get Ottawa!
You may be right, but I don't think Burns would refuse to use Schwab against any team at this point in the season. I can remember games when Colorado would use Aebischer or Billington against Detroit in the hay-day of their rivalry. It makes sense to use Schwab in the middle game to break up Marty's two starts in four nights. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see Schwab in against either the Leafs or the Sens -- too early matter right now, especially when you can prevent an early season injury to Marty from being overused.

4check22 is offline  
Old
11-03-2003, 02:32 PM
  #6
Missionhockey
Registered User
 
Missionhockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 7,132
vCash: 500
Start him versus Toronto. This way Marty's fresh for Ottawa possibly the most dangerous team in the league. Not that Toronto's a slouch but its not like the Devils can't win with Schwab in net. He still gives them a good chance to win.

Missionhockey is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:44 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.