HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Philadelphia looking at Niklas Grossman

Old
12-10-2011, 04:43 PM
Sony Eriksson*

vCash: 500
Philadelphia looking at Niklas Grossman

what would Philly offer for Grossman.
http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklun...ossman/1/40422

Last edited by JeffMangum: 12-10-2011 at 04:59 PM.
Sony Eriksson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2011, 04:51 PM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

vCash: 137
Rex?

Le Tricolore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2011, 04:53 PM
Brock Anton
Deal with it.

meh. Ek is fairly good when it comes to Flyers rumors.

Brock Anton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2011, 04:53 PM
Boondock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sony Eriksson View Post
what would Philly offer for Grossman.
http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklun...ossman/1/40422
I like Grossman and think he is dramatically underrated for the job he does defensively. With that said, is Dallas in the position to trade away a young(ish) relatively inexpensive shut down dman?

As for fair value Simmonds? I'm not really sure.

Last edited by JeffMangum: 12-10-2011 at 04:59 PM.
Boondock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2011, 05:01 PM
JeffMangum
Ra shi da

vCash: 300
Only one warning; we don't need any "Eklund is a hack!" type posts. We get it. Regardless of your opinion on him, the administrators consider him a legitimate source. Discuss the rumour, not the creator of it.

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2011, 05:11 PM
Jimmy Villa

Would picks get it done? What's his cap hit?

Jimmy Villa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2011, 05:14 PM
Boondock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Villa View Post
Would picks get it done? What's his cap hit?
Dallas has playoff hopes so I doubt picks would be enough for a guy who's played almost 20 mins a night for them.

His cap hit is 1.65 I think

Old
12-10-2011, 05:16 PM
ponder

I'll trust this one, he's decent with Philly, and Grossman is too "no name" to be making up a rumor about him. However, he's a big, relatively young, pretty solid defensive dman who plays almost 20 minutes a game for Dallas, I doubt they'll just be giving him away.

ponder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2011, 05:18 PM
WhoahNow

I don't know how I would feel about a Grossman trade. We have an abundance of Dmen currently and one will likely be moved, but Grossman is so reliable and underrated for what he does. Solid player you never really have to worry about at a good cap hit 1.6. That being said if there would be some way to get one of Schenn/JvR/Couturier in a deal I'd be okay with moving him.

WhoahNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2011, 05:21 PM
dookie88

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoahNow View Post
I don't know how I would feel about a Grossman trade. We have an abundance of Dmen currently and one will likely be moved, but Grossman is so reliable and underrated for what he does. Solid player you never really have to worry about at a good cap hit 1.6. That being said if there would be some way to get one of Schenn/JvR/Couturier in a deal I'd be okay with moving him.
You better include Benn if you want one of Schenn/JVR/Couturier.

dookie88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2011, 05:22 PM
Boondock

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoahNow View Post
As much as I agree that Grossman is underrated he is not the type of player to land a Schenn/JVR/Couturier type player even with other pieces added. To get one of those 3 it would require a young potential top pairing dman to even start discussions.

Old
12-10-2011, 05:23 PM
JeffMangum
Ra shi da

Quote:
Originally Posted by dookie88 View Post
You better include Benn if you want one of Schenn/JVR/Couturier.
To acquire Benn, it would probably require ALL of those players going back to Dallas.

In regards to Grossman...Philly could certainly use a player like him. Could probably garner a good pick or a good player plus a mid pick.

In terms of a shakeup trade, maybe Voracek for Grossman + pick/prospect? Just brainstorming.

Old
12-10-2011, 05:24 PM
BigG44

vCash: 475
The reason Dallas would trade Grossman is they are about to have 8 healthy D. Pardy has done little to earn a full time role in the lineup, and Philip Larsen seems to have stolen a position in the Top 6. Something has to give.

Most people hope that Larsen has really stolen that spot, but many Dallas fans (myself included) have speculated that Dallas will go the easy route and just put Larsen back in the AHL. However, Gulutzen recently said the pair of Goligoski and Larsen could stick for a while so there is hope.

The next easiest move would be to just waive Pardy and allow him to go play in Austin. It would be a bonus to Pardy if they would expose him to re-entry, but I don't know how many teams would want to commit to the extra year.

Fistric and Grossman are other options since they are similar players. Fistric comes back next Tuesday or Wednesday giving the Stars 8 D. However, Burish is still on IR, and Dallas could carry 8 until Burish returns after the East coast road swing.

To say the least, there is at least some potential for a trade in the next 1 to 2 weeks. If Dallas was trading Grossman now, I feel they'd try and improve the current team. I like Fistric, but I still believe Grossman is better than Fistric or Pardy. The only reason to move him would be to improve the forward group or if a fantastic futures (pick/prospect) was coming over.

Dallas and the new owners aren't going to waste this good start. People are returning to games, and making the playoffs is very important. They're surviving pretty well without Lehtonen right now, and they really aren't close to being out of the race yet.

BigG44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2011, 05:25 PM
DeflatedFootball7

I'm okay with this!

Timmonen-Coburn
Meszaros-Carle
Grossman-Bourdon

The when Gusty, Lily or Prongs come back Bourdon can go down. Nothing against Bourdon but you get the idea.

DeflatedFootball7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2011, 05:27 PM
BigG44

Simmonds is a GM Joe type player. I don't believe Gross has the value to land him, but what if Dallas included Vincour?

I love Vincour, and I really believe he could be a very good player for Dallas for a long time.

That said, if those 2 players could land Simmonds (and like I said I don't know if that's possible), I think it'd be a wise move.

Old
12-10-2011, 05:34 PM
DeflatedFootball7

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigG44 View Post
Simmonds is a GM Joe type player. I don't believe Gross has the value to land him, but what if Dallas included Vincour?

I love Vincour, and I really believe he could be a very good player for Dallas for a long time.

That said, if those 2 players could land Simmonds (and like I said I don't know if that's possible), I think it'd be a wise move.
I just looked at Vincour's stats. They aren't very good. Is he defensive minded? And to add to that we don't need another center.

DeflatedFootball7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2011, 05:39 PM
BigG44

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeflatedFootball7 View Post
I just looked at Vincour's stats. They aren't very good. Is he defensive minded? And to add to that we don't need another center.
He's 21, and still finding his scoring touch. He was having an excellent goal scoring year in the AHL though.

He is very, very good without the puck. He's one of Dallas' most consistent with tracking back and breaking up plays. He seems to fight every night, and he always gets himself in positions to score they just aren't going in right now.

I'd actually hate to see him traded, and I think he and Simmonds could end up with similar careers. Simmonds is a bit nastier though.

GM Joe has just been very clear about the type of players he is adding, and Simmonds was the best on your team that would seem to fit that mold and might actually be available. At least I figured there was a much better chance for him than Schenn/JVR. I know that's not realistic at all.

Old
12-10-2011, 05:39 PM
pedrospecialk

Send a message via AIM to pedrospecialk
TBH I think Simmonds for Grossman would be an extremely fair trade given each team's needs right now.

pedrospecialk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2011, 05:40 PM
BigG44

Oh yeah, and he isn't a center. He plays RW primarily, but he can also play LW. He only played some center in the WHL, but I think he actually spent most of his time on a wing there as well.

Old
12-10-2011, 05:41 PM
BigG44

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedrospecialk View Post
TBH I think Simmonds for Grossman would be an extremely fair trade given each team's needs right now.
That'd be great if true. I just didn't want to throw something out there that was absurd especially since he was a part of a deal that saw Mike Richards leave. I know Schenn was the big piece and all, but still ...

Old
12-10-2011, 05:43 PM
BigG44

By fight, I don't mean fisticuffs. I should have been more clear. He battles hard every night in all three zones. He is the anti-Euro stereotype that people like to throw out.

Old
12-10-2011, 05:43 PM
dookie88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
To acquire Benn, it would probably require ALL of those players going back to Dallas.
JVR = Benn

So no, we wouldn't have to include all of those to get Benn, not even two.

Last edited by Majik1987: 12-10-2011 at 05:47 PM. Reason: flaming
dookie88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2011, 05:45 PM
CRSeven
Ballon d'Or 2013

vCash: 375
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigG44 View Post

Grossman for Simmonds? No.

Grossman and Vincour for Simmonds? Hell no!

Zenith mentioned something with Voracek.

I think Grossman (+ picks?) for Voracek is good.

CRSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2011, 05:46 PM
JeffMangum
Ra shi da

Quote:
Originally Posted by dookie88 View Post
JVR = Benn

So no, we wouldn't have to include all of those to get Benn, not even two..
Not really.

No chance Dallas would do Benn for JVR, or even JVR and more.

Old
12-10-2011, 05:46 PM
WhoahNow

I didn't mean Grossman for JvR/Schenn/couturier straight up. I just meant if one of those guys were what the Stars were acquired for Grossman+ I'd be happy, but I don't think I would be happy with a Grossman for Simmonds trade.

WhoahNow is offline   Reply With Quote