HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT kinda: heritage jersey help

Old
12-10-2011, 03:04 PM
Goat Boy
In support of BMurr.

vCash: 500
I think he rubbed off on some guys. ie, Butler.

Goat Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2011, 04:04 PM
Ice-Tray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat Boy View Post
How does it not effect me? The attitudes in this thread are not so different from those that were on display during the "Occupy" stunt, or those that resulted in deaths and millions of dollars of damage to ordinary people's property in the U.K. riots, or those that have to resulted in deaths and millions of dollars of damage in Greece. You may regard it as an individual thing, but when large groups of people start thinking that way, you end up with the widespread culture of entitlement we see to day. Sure, the actions of one person may make little difference, but en masse? That definitely effects me. I have to live in this society.
We've obviously moved off the issue of fake jerseys, and I wont even humour your ridiculous insinuations that social activists are immoral people who steal music, movies, and cheat Reebok out of profits.

It's a dirty job, but here goes,

This is unfettered hyperbole, but two can play I suppose. By the same grasping, your attitude is one of individual oppression much like we have seen in Communist Russia, and Nazi Germany. Dissenting opinions and individualistic behaviour must be crushed. To be different is dangerous, so I suppose we should round up all dissenters and ship them off to the Gulags or find another 'solution'. See how ridiculous that sounds?

You may not like it, and I doubt you've ever been in a situation where you felt the need to rebel, but it is a necessary force in civilization and is the only way that drastic social changes come about quickly. You've betrayed your very dangerous and conservative way of thinking when you brush off the occupy movement as a 'stunt' and compartmentalize the riots in Greece. Classic rank and file thought process I might add, and is what happens when you co-opt your abilities to critical think to others.

I know you don't get it, but that same sense of entitlement is what drove the Yanks to rebel against the Brits, drove the Egyptians to rebel, etc... See it's okay for people to demand more, especially when an obvious few have so much, it doesn't always work but the spirit is the same and is the one true weapon of the masses. If it wasn't for or first world war vets feeling 'entitled' you wouldn't have comprehensive social education and health care.

The irony is that your closed mind prevents you from seeing the embarrassment of your comments, which in turn allows you to continue to bit the hand that fed you.

Ice-Tray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2011, 06:39 PM
Goat Boy
In support of BMurr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice-Tray View Post
We've obviously moved off the issue of fake jerseys, and I wont even humour your ridiculous insinuations that social activists are immoral people who steal music, movies, and cheat Reebok out of profits.

It's a dirty job, but here goes,

This is unfettered hyperbole, but two can play I suppose. By the same grasping, your attitude is one of individual oppression much like we have seen in Communist Russia, and Nazi Germany. Dissenting opinions and individualistic behaviour must be crushed. To be different is dangerous, so I suppose we should round up all dissenters and ship them off to the Gulags or find another 'solution'. See how ridiculous that sounds?

You may not like it, and I doubt you've ever been in a situation where you felt the need to rebel, but it is a necessary force in civilization and is the only way that drastic social changes come about quickly. You've betrayed your very dangerous and conservative way of thinking when you brush off the occupy movement as a 'stunt' and compartmentalize the riots in Greece. Classic rank and file thought process I might add, and is what happens when you co-opt your abilities to critical think to others.

I know you don't get it, but that same sense of entitlement is what drove the Yanks to rebel against the Brits, drove the Egyptians to rebel, etc... See it's okay for people to demand more, especially when an obvious few have so much, it doesn't always work but the spirit is the same and is the one true weapon of the masses. If it wasn't for or first world war vets feeling 'entitled' you wouldn't have comprehensive social education and health care.

The irony is that your closed mind prevents you from seeing the embarrassment of your comments, which in turn allows you to continue to bit the hand that fed you.
I considered responding to you post, but then I realised I could just quote it right back to you and say the exact same thing.

Old
12-10-2011, 07:47 PM
Ice-Tray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat Boy View Post
I considered responding to you post, but then I realised I could just quote it right back to you and say the exact same thing.
Haha, that doesn't make any sense, though I'm not surprised that you would try that weak approach.

The reason why you didn't respond is because you couldn't. Nice try though...

Ice-Tray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2011, 07:56 PM
Goat Boy
In support of BMurr.

The reason I didn't bother responding properly is because my cat just pushed a watermelon out of a lake.