HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Free Agent Frenzy
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Free Agent Frenzy Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Backing down on Tucker

Closed Thread

Old
11-02-2003, 03:52 PM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Backing down on Tucker

Ok, since a few of you have taken me to task for my attitude toward Darcy Tucker I will back down and admit you guys are right. I have been pretty down on Tucker since the incident with Peca two years ago. As as a result, I have tended to seriously under estimate his trade value in my posts.

Not sure what he is really worth, but probably it more than I have suggested.

11-02-2003, 05:59 PM
Lowetide

Boy they don't make grudges like they used to, and this generation has NO pettiness. MY generation on the other hand NEVER forgives or forgets.

As a for instance, I STILL hold a grudge towards the Leafs over the Frank Mahovlich trade. March 3, 1968. They gave him ulcers, drove him to the hospital and then traded him to Detroit.

They haven't won since. Clearly, VERY powerful people are as petty as I am, and have (justly) punished the city of Toronto for allowing Punch Imlach to mistreat Big Frank. The Hockey Gods even twisted the knife by having Frank traded to Montreal where he won a Cup.

Take that Punch you *******!

Whew! That felt good.

Old
11-02-2003, 06:38 PM
Burke's Evil Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowetide
Boy they don't make grudges like they used to, and this generation has NO pettiness. MY generation on the other hand NEVER forgives or forgets.

As a for instance, I STILL hold a grudge towards the Leafs over the Frank Mahovlich trade. March 3, 1968. They gave him ulcers, drove him to the hospital and then traded him to Detroit.

They haven't won since. Clearly, VERY powerful people are as petty as I am, and have (justly) punished the city of Toronto for allowing Punch Imlach to mistreat Big Frank. The Hockey Gods even twisted the knife by having Frank traded to Montreal where he won a Cup.

Whew! That felt good.
It's times like this I wish I was old, so I had memories like that. Then I remind myself I'd die a lot sooner, and I feel better.

Old
11-02-2003, 06:53 PM
Team_Spirit
#FireTherrien

vCash: 915
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burke's Evil Spirit
It's times like this I wish I was old, so I had memories like that. Then I remind myself I'd die a lot sooner, and I feel better.

---

Tucker will be traded ? I can see few team in search for playoffs help by january or march ! Maybe Tampa Bay or Vancouver ( don't burn me on this one , it's just a feeling like that ! )

Old
11-02-2003, 07:02 PM
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
The Modfather

vCash: 50
^I think I'm in the minority, but Tucker's a player I wouldn't entirely mind seeing in Vancouver. Very gritty, decently skilled.

~Canucklehead~

11-02-2003, 09:06 PM
Michalek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Joe
He's a good 3rd liner who can fill in on the top two lines in a pinch and can pitch in some offense. How much is that worth?
Gauthier???

Old
11-02-2003, 09:48 PM
Seph

Send a message via AIM to Seph
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Milbury
Ok, since a few of you have taken me to task for my attitude toward Darcy Tucker I will back down and admit you guys are right. I have been pretty down on Tucker since the incident with Peca two years ago. As as a result, I have tended to seriously under estimate his trade value in my posts.

Not sure what he is really worth, but probably it more than I have suggested.
I tend to do the same. however, i do think when it comes to tucker to NYI proposals, we are probably spot on with his trade value, as he is worth almost nothing in a trade to the Isles. subtraction by addition, if you will.

to other teams, especially a team like Ottawa or Montreal, I'll admit he probably has more value than I like to give him credit for.

Old
11-02-2003, 09:55 PM
Poignant Discussion
I tell it like it is

Send a message via MSN to Poignant Discussion Send a message via Yahoo to Poignant Discussion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seph
I tend to do the same. however, i do think when it comes to tucker to NYI proposals, we are probably spot on with his trade value, as he is worth almost nothing in a trade to the Isles. subtraction by addition, if you will.

to other teams, especially a team like Ottawa or Montreal, I'll admit he probably has more value than I like to give him credit for.

Tuckers going nowhere

Old
11-03-2003, 07:06 AM
Pinto
Burn Them All

vCash: 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by NataSatan666
Tuckers going nowhere
The only way i see him going, is if he is in a package for a very good defenceman

Old
11-03-2003, 09:20 AM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowetide

Whew! That felt good.
What a great post. LOL! This makes my morning.

Old
11-03-2003, 09:23 AM
Freudian
Slightly overpaid

vCash: 50
I think the problem people have with Tucker isn't related to skill at all, but to his mentality. Sometimes he just loses it and takes really stupid penalties. Stuff like that is very hard to accept as a fan. If he didn't have that element to his game, I think we wouldn't see much complaining about him at all because the rest of his game is fine.

Old
11-03-2003, 09:44 AM
Slats432

Quote:
Originally Posted by NataSatan666
Tuckers going nowhere

Amen.

Old
11-03-2003, 01:43 PM
Wingboy2999

Send a message via AIM to Wingboy2999 Send a message via Yahoo to Wingboy2999
Maybe the Wings can get him and Arankys can hate the Wings even more.

Old
11-03-2003, 01:58 PM
Pinto
Burn Them All

vCash: 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingboy2999
Maybe the Wings can get him and Arankys can hate the Wings even more.
What would u give us for him
feel free to make a package deal

Closed Thread