HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Canadiens call up Garth

Closed Thread

Old
12-03-2005, 02:36 PM
HAPPY HOUR

vCash: 500
Canadiens call up Garth

So says the Montreal boards.

Old
12-03-2005, 02:38 PM
HAPPY HOUR

Try www.Canadiens.com

Old
12-03-2005, 02:49 PM
Captain Saku

not because of his performances... but more because we have too many missing players. Kovalev and Markov are not playing tonight... Komisarek, Bonk and Koivu are probably not playing tonight as well !! So we're missing a full line and a defencemen pair ! and not any players... Koivu, Kovaleb and Markov have been the best players so far !!!

Old
12-03-2005, 02:53 PM
TheZherdev

i hope that no one still thinks that montreal came out the better on that deal... despite hossa's underachieving play.

Old
12-03-2005, 03:03 PM
Skroob*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackburn2727
i hope that no one still thinks that montreal came out the better on that deal... despite hossa's underachieving play.

only because Murray was a player of whom we had a ton of in the system (Orts, Hollywood, etc).

Old
12-03-2005, 03:09 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skroob
only because Murray was a player of whom we had a ton of in the system (Orts, Hollywood, etc).
Only? Only because Hossa has about 5x as much skill as Murray and has a real chance of being a decent NHLer.

Old
12-03-2005, 03:18 PM
ATLANTARANGER*

Don't you think it was more of needs for both teams?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88
Only? Only because Hossa has about 5x as much skill as Murray and has a real chance of being a decent NHLer.
Montreal has plenty of finesse guys, not enough grit. We have an abundance of grit and our finesse guys are still developing.

Old
12-03-2005, 04:13 PM
Fletch

Fly...

agreed, but every team needs a mix of players. Murray really disappointed, though. When he played with the Rangers he showed a willingness to hit everything, drop the gloves, and he got shots on net - and scored a goal. I remember one game in which he had 6 shots. And he didn't seem to have hands of stone. He still works hard, but perhaps he's just been stuck in a role and hasn't had a chance for much offense (as he didn't generate the offense).

Old
12-03-2005, 10:49 PM
Edge
Kris King's Ghost

I dunno Fletch, Murray didn't exactly light the world on fire in the AHL either.

I think what it really came down to was better options. Both teams needed something different, both guys were players they were willing to move and they struck a deal.

I don't know if in the long run either team will "win" the deal. Murray is a slightly safer player because if he never scores he's a bubble NHL player. Hossa has more upside, but if he isn't scoring he doesn't do much else.

Odds say that in three of four years, both guys are in the AHL anyway.

Old
12-04-2005, 12:11 AM
Larry Melnyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge
I dunno Fletch, Murray didn't exactly light the world on fire in the AHL either.

I think what it really came down to was better options. Both teams needed something different, both guys were players they were willing to move and they struck a deal.

I don't know if in the long run either team will "win" the deal. Murray is a slightly safer player because if he never scores he's a bubble NHL player. Hossa has more upside, but if he isn't scoring he doesn't do much else.

Odds say that in three of four years, both guys are in the AHL anyway.

The problem I had with the trade wasn't with what we gave up, although I wouldn't have made the trade, but the type of floating, inconsistent player we were getting in return...

Maybe a bit too reactionary at the time, but how I felt...I think Edge sums it up much more rationally...

Closed Thread