HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Avs @ Oilers 9th Dec 7.30 PM MST || Back to back. Bad for sex. Bad for hockey.

Old
12-10-2011, 01:27 PM
bohlmeister
Moves Like Malkin

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverAv View Post
Good. I'm glad that they're showing heart and my only complaint is that it was just SOB. I wish the whole team would be having altercations with members of the FO. They need a change so bad it's ridiculous.
I said this last time we thought he was going to get fired. If you are Paul Stastny, and it looks like you want out anyways, why isn't he in Greg Sherman's office telling him Sacco is a goat and they need to can him or trade me. There is no leadership on this team and it frustrates the living hell of out me. The Yes man mentality has made its way into the locker room.

It's spreading.

bohlmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2011, 01:28 PM
Freudian
Classless IMO

vCash: 50
Fever Pitch is the best book about what being a sports fan is all about.

A: What about last season?
B: What about it?
A: They were rubbish. They were ****ing rubbish.
B: They weren't that bad.
A: They were ****ing rubbish last year. And they were ****ing rubbish the year before. And I don't care if they are top of the League, they'll be ****ing rubbish this year, too. And next year. And the year after that. I'm not joking.
B: I don't know why you come, Frank. Honest I don't.
A: Well, you live in hope, don't you?

Freudian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2011, 01:34 PM
Freudian
Classless IMO

Quote:
Originally Posted by bohlmeister View Post
If you are Paul Stastny, and it looks like you want out anyways, why isn't he in Greg Sherman's office telling him Sacco is a goat and they need to can him or trade me.
Players don't do that and there should really be no need for it. The front office should have enough awareness of what's going on with the team.

We have Sakic that is an ex-player watching the product on the ice. If he can't figure out what is going on, the snow blower must have caught his head too.

Freudian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2011, 01:39 PM
bohlmeister
Moves Like Malkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freudian View Post
Players don't do that and there should really be no need for it. The front office should have enough awareness of what's going on with the team.

We have Sakic that is an ex-player watching the product on the ice. If he can't figure out what is going on, the snow blower must have caught his head too.
It has gone past that point IMO. Yeah, the front office should. But they aren't. So if you are a player do you dog it for an entire season and hurt your value to other teams? This WILL affect Stastny's future. Teams won't want him, and they won't look at him as a #2 center, certainly not a #1. He will go from getting traded to a playoff contender, to a mediocre team.

Old
12-10-2011, 02:24 PM
Bender
TheHockeyProspector

Quote:
It has gone past that point IMO. Yeah, the front office should. But they aren't. So if you are a player do you dog it for an entire season and hurt your value to other teams? This WILL affect Stastny's future. Teams won't want him, and they won't look at him as a #2 center, certainly not a #1. He will go from getting traded to a playoff contender, to a mediocre team.
There are 30 million reasons why, 'he'll live'.

That mediocre team will have just made a great deal when he goes back to PPG form. Regardless of all that, he'll be able to sign with St-Louis or the team of his choosing after his contract is up anyways, right? So what if he 'underperforms' for a few seasons? He'll be just fine.

I don't necessarily agree anyways. Stastny is just doing what he's told to do. He's skating out there, he's working hard. Instead of entering the opposing zone trying to draw a defender toward him and make a slick pass to a teammate for an offensive chance, he's dumping it in and trying to be 1st on the puck. That's the result of Sucko trying to turn his 4 lines into dump and chase grinders...it's what he was and all he knows.

Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2011, 02:27 PM
AvsWraith

Didn't the players tell PL that they wanted Hartley gone? Thought I heard something like that. Maybe not, though.

AvsWraith is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2011, 02:53 PM
dahrougem2

I know that this is a long shot, but with the way this team is playing, and with how front office is handling this whole sacco dibbacle by choosing to give him a vote of confidence when he clearly sucks, that guys like duchene, O'reilly, Johnson and Quincey realize that this organization is awful and won't sign long term? Only 1, MAYBE 2 year contracts so that they could bolt when their contract is up?

dahrougem2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2011, 03:12 PM
Jaymond Flurrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahrougem2 View Post
I know that this is a long shot, but with the way this team is playing, and with how front office is handling this whole sacco dibbacle by choosing to give him a vote of confidence when he clearly sucks, that guys like duchene, O'reilly, Johnson and Quincey realize that this organization is awful and won't sign long term? Only 1, MAYBE 2 year contracts so that they could bolt when their contract is up?
I don't think that it works like that in NHL, at least it's not common. Players know that coaches can be fired and so far we are talking only about one year of blowing, 2010 was at least ok.

Jaymond Flurrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2011, 03:13 PM
Huis Clos*
Creamy Hamstrings

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvsWraith View Post
Didn't the players tell PL that they wanted Hartley gone? Thought I heard something like that. Maybe not, though.
There were rumors at the time that Forsberg didn't get along with Hartley and he didn't like his coaching style which in part led to the firing of Hartley. How much truth there is to that rumor I don't think anyone really knows.

Huis Clos* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2011, 03:14 PM
dahrougem2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymond Flurrie View Post
I don't think that it works like that in NHL, at least it's not common. Players know that coaches can be fired and so far we are talking only about one year of blowing, 2010 was at least ok.
But it's been this way for the last 2 years and this season. Everyone knows the only reason the avs made the playoffs and sacco was nominated for jack adams award is because anderson looked like the second coming of patrick roy. The next season, yes injuries took their tole but that finish is still unacceptable. And now this season, which I feel is going to end worse than last season if we keep playing the way we are playing, can cause players to want out sometimes

dahrougem2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2011, 03:15 PM
hawk30

Our players can't even stand up for themselves on the ice. There's no way they're going to assert themselves with management.

Gutless.

hawk30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2011, 03:17 PM
Jaymond Flurrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahrougem2 View Post
But it's been this way for the last 2 years and this season. Everyone knows the only reason the avs made the playoffs and sacco was nominated for jack adams award is because anderson looked like the second coming of patrick roy. The next season, yes injuries took their tole but that finish is still unacceptable. And now this season, which I feel is going to end worse than last season if we keep playing the way we are playing, can cause players to want out sometimes
2010 part of 2010-11 season was in my opinion ok at worst. Yes, 2011 part was an epic fail, but 2010 part, getting 44 points of 38 games was not bad at all.

If the injury situation stays at relatively same, I'm predicting a 76 point finish.

Jaymond Flurrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2011, 09:07 PM
shadow1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoPadStack View Post
There was an altercation in the dressing room after the game between Sylvain Lefebvre and Shane O'Brien.
A broad term.

shadow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2011, 09:53 PM
The Kingslayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow1 View Post
A broad term.
Prolly playing slapsies and high fiving each other a job well done. Said it last night and ill say it again I feel for the fans in Denver who fork out cash to watch this team. Wish someone would conjure up some courage and just call out management and the coach. We are the laughing stock of the league right beside the jackets

The Kingslayer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2011, 10:23 PM
Frenchy
Mod Supervisor

vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoPadStack View Post
There was an altercation in the dressing room after the game between Sylvain Lefebvre and Shane O'Brien.
Do we have any words from Dater on that yet ?

Frenchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2011, 10:39 PM
bohlmeister
Moves Like Malkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchy View Post
He didn't make the trip. So he won't have any first hand info.

Old
12-10-2011, 10:47 PM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchy View Post
If it's anyone it'll be Chambers. First he'll have to get past the Avs media lockdown people...no easy task.

Av-merican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2011, 11:04 PM
Frenchy
Mod Supervisor

vCash: 0
Quote:
He didn't make the trip. So he won't have any first hand info.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Av-merican View Post
If it's anyone it'll be Chambers. First he'll have to get past the Avs media lockdown people...no easy task.
Thanks guys ,

Looks like will may never know what happend, I dont doubt TPS at all, but would have been nice if a journalist had the story .

Frenchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2011, 06:55 AM
Mant*

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvsWraith View Post
If Joe Sakic, Patrick Roy, Peter Forsberg, Adam Foote, and Rob Blake tell you the coach is holding you back, you listen.

If the guys on this roster cry about the coach, you send them to bed without dinner. This roster doesn't have weight behind it to be making any such demands.

Mant* is offline   Reply With Quote