HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The All-Inclusive Trade Proposal Thread - Put it in here!

Old
12-02-2011, 12:57 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

vCash: 500
I'd like us to go after Sarich for a pick (3rd/4th) if Bouillon can go the other way. That only adds ~$1.23M extra for the rest of the year

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2011, 11:47 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 50
gotta think the owners wouldnt have allowed Trotz/Poile to talk openly about us being a near cap team unless they intended to back it up.

we need to think BIG here....

as soon as the Devils realize they arent in the hunt this year, and that Parise wont re-up, Poile needs to offer Lindback, Ellis, and a conditional 1st(if he signs long term) and really send some shockwaves through the hockey world...

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2011, 08:22 AM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
gotta think the owners wouldnt have allowed Trotz/Poile to talk openly about us being a near cap team unless they intended to back it up.

we need to think BIG here....

as soon as the Devils realize they arent in the hunt this year, and that Parise wont re-up, Poile needs to offer Lindback, Ellis, and a conditional 1st(if he signs long term) and really send some shockwaves through the hockey world...
going to take way more than that to get Parise.

Roman Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2011, 08:34 AM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joetimo View Post
It depends on the timing. Ellis is playing fantastic in the AHL, our first round pick is going to blow, but Lindback could also be viewed as an upper echelon goalie prospect or even a starter. I don't think it takes "way more than that" at certain junctures this year, especially if he remains unsigned.

At the start of the season, I would wholeheartedly agree.

I am also of the opinion that I would be upset to move signficant pieces for merely a rental. We need Parise for more than one year. Poile needs to find a piece that can play this year and the next several years, not a 1 year rental.

12-03-2011, 09:38 AM
token grinder

kovalchuk was a much more dynamic player when jersey traded for him. remember they gave bergors, a first cormier, and trash. ellis, lindback and a cond first is plenty

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2011, 09:34 PM
I Will Son
An Army of One

Still waiting David... Something needs to happen

I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2011, 08:22 PM
token grinder

was watching hockey after hours and andy suttn was on. after watching that, I wouldn't mind having the guy. huge man, tough, will lay the hammer down. downside is skating ability, but in a third pair role here I think he would be ok.

Old
12-05-2011, 04:00 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

Quote:
I dont think so. Thats arguably a better return than Kovy got.

and I agree we need more than a rental. i dont think Poile makes thta trade unless he's already talked to ZP's agent (with NJs permission of course) and arranged an extension.

I think trading for and signing Parise would get Suter on board as well, and if Weber needs more proof than that to sign long term, then there is no pleasing him...

Old
12-05-2011, 05:13 PM
Iron Duke

Quote:
I dont think so. Thats arguably a better return than Kovy got.
It will. That package offers nothing that New Jersey really wants in return for, arguably, their best player. They have a bunch of good D prospects, and aren't going to trade for a goalie with 2 already on the roster til the end of the season. The conditional 1st would also need to become a definite 1st.

I wouldn't get my hopes up for Parise around here. If he becomes available, which I'm not entirely sure he will (as with Suter), there are going to be 29 teams lining up to get a crack at signing and extending him.

Iron Duke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 06:00 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Yep^

You gotta keep in mind who the GM for New Jersey is. Lou rarely sells his players off.

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 06:13 PM
Iron Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
Yep^

You gotta keep in mind who the GM for New Jersey is. Lou rarely sells his players off.
Well, and I think we need to recall the types of proposals that we see for Suter and Weber, with people assuming they're not going to re-sign, and apply that insight to our own proposals.

Old
12-05-2011, 10:01 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Duke View Post
Well, and I think we need to recall the types of proposals that we see for Suter and Weber, with people assuming they're not going to re-sign, and apply that insight to our own proposals.
my proposal was based on the assumption that New Jersey decides to rebuild, and that they need a long term replacement for Brodeur.

aand if Ellis isnt the right prospect, then whatever prospect or prospects they want can go.

again this is all predicated on Parise resigning with us.

Old
12-05-2011, 10:32 PM
Iron Duke

Quote:
my proposal was based on the assumption that New Jersey decides to rebuild, and that they need a long term replacement for Brodeur.

aand if Ellis isnt the right prospect, then whatever prospect or prospects they want can go.

again this is all predicated on Parise resigning with us.
There's no way of guaranteeing that happens, and there is no way of minimizing the risk by lowering the package. I don't believe that New Jersey is going to 'rebuild' having just signed Kovalchuk to a life contract, but even if they do, there are a number of options for a Brodeur replacement (Schneider, Bernier, Harding, among others), certainly enough to make Lindback unattractive as a centerpiece for this type of deal. I'd wager most Devils fans would say the same, if asked. It certainly isn't a need they'll be addressing until the off-season.

Old
12-08-2011, 08:42 AM
token grinder

so maybe I was wrong about trying to get sutton. guy was a force last night. knee on knee with staal, a fight, and destroyed poni with a headshot. maybe after he serves his next suspension...

Old
12-08-2011, 09:16 AM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Thoughts on Staal from Carolina?

I would love to get him. That said, it's a bit concerning seeing his play without Cole by his side. Not the same player.

AtlantaWhaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2011, 01:31 PM
Firestorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaWhaler View Post

I would love to get him. That said, it's a bit concerning seeing his play without Cole by his side. Not the same player.
I rather take a look at Tim Gleason (who has had a bad season this year), a change of scenery for this 3/4 defender could be good for us.

Firestorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2011, 01:57 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:

Absoultely love Eric Staal...but dang is there some $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ involved. I we did it, it'd like something involving Erat, since we cant just take on that much salary and still keep the big 3.

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2011, 04:02 PM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

Quote:

If we got Eric Staal, I would personally run up to DP and give him the biggest non hug one man has given another. Probably my favorite player outside of Nashville (Lucic, Statsny, Seguin, Little are my others). Asking price would be well beyond what I would possibly pay but if he became available, I would offer Carolina something like

Ellis
1st round pick
Hornqvist/Erat/Sergei/Legwand
a condition 3rd base on playoff performance

Eric Staal is a game changer. Ideally it would be Ellis, Erat, 1st, 3rd. I would then move Legwand or Smith to wing.

Wilson Staal Smith (orgasmic)
SK Fisher Hornqvist
Tootoo Legwand Halishcuk
Spaling Smithson McGrattan

Course, we would have serious log jam and center and that would be a problem. We would probably have to trade Fisher or Legwand for Staal.

Roman Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2011, 10:48 PM
token grinder

you guys realize hw much staal has sucked this year, right? and playing with a talent like skinner?

Old
12-10-2011, 11:54 PM
Iron Duke

Quote:
If we got Eric Staal, I would personally run up to DP and give him the biggest non hug one man has given another. Probably my favorite player outside of Nashville (Lucic, Statsny, Seguin, Little are my others). Asking price would be well beyond what I would possibly pay but if he became available, I would offer Carolina something like

Ellis
1st round pick
Hornqvist/Erat/Sergei/Legwand
a condition 3rd base on playoff performance

Eric Staal is a game changer. Ideally it would be Ellis, Erat, 1st, 3rd. I would then move Legwand or Smith to wing.
If Carolina is blowing it up and trading their franchise player, I don't see them interested in a 2nd line winger making $4.5M for 3 more years. I know it's the only way it'll work for us, but I just don't see it happening from their side. They'll want Wilson or Smith instead of Ellis, as well, as Faulk and Murphy figure to have their PMD spot covered in the near future.

Old
12-11-2011, 07:09 AM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

I'm sure Carolina would WANT a lot of things, the questions are - 1) Is Staal even available and 2) How many teams can take an 8.25 million dollar cap hit and still give up only talent/picks without shedding salary in return.

Enoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2011, 11:00 AM
Iron Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
I'm sure Carolina would WANT a lot of things, the questions are - 1) Is Staal even available and 2) How many teams can take an 8.25 million dollar cap hit and still give up only talent/picks without shedding salary in return.
1). Despite any rumors, I seriously doubt it.

2). Very few. Probably Edmonton, and maybe teams with some big pockets that can bury some contracts in the AHL, and have long needed a #1 center, like Toronto, or the new Buffalo regime. Otherwise, some salary is going to have to go back. In retrospect, considering the Canes would need to stay above the floor, someone like Erat would actually probably be a good inclusion in any package the Preds offered. I really think it would take some of our promising young forwards going back, though, and a couple of high picks to get it done.

Despite the $8.25M having to be absorbed, it's not like teams are doing Carolina a favor. Franchise center, Cup winner, signed long-term...the offer will need to blow the Canes away to part with him.

Old
12-11-2011, 11:10 AM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

I also doubt Erat waives his NMC in that situation. Legwand definitely doesn't waive his NTC.

TMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2011, 11:13 AM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

Quote:

Looking at the contract numbers:

12-13: $8.5M
13-14: $9.25M
14-15: $9.25M
15-16: $9.5M

While it's possible that he's simply having a down year and will bounce back, what GM in his right mind would want to take the chance of putting a colossal albatross like that around his neck?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAnotherHockeyFan View Post
I rather take a look at Tim Gleason (who has had a bad season this year), a change of scenery for this 3/4 defender could be good for us.
He or Bryan Allen would probably be good pickups. Allen is a little older, but he's frickin' humongous, and we could certainly use the extra muscle on the blue line.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2011, 01:39 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

I suspect even the teams who are really down in the standings will wait til after Jan 1 to officially start selling off but unless one of the following teams gets hot there should be 6 or 7 sellers soon

Jackets
Ducks
Avs
Canes
Isles

are all pretty much toast barring a big win streak

and then in another 3 weeks we could see the Sens, Bolts, and Devils all on the scrap heap. (though the Bolts and Devils would have to crash pretty hard)

Plus you have to wonder if LA and Washington are going to try to make some kind of move to shake things up

would be great to have a buyers market at trade time for once rather than having insane bidding wars...