HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Artem Anisimov (Upper Body/Head) -- Will play tomorrow night (Anisimov via Gross)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-11-2011, 01:08 AM
  #26
Inferno
HFB Partner
 
Inferno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Country: United States
Posts: 19,894
vCash: 500
love the idea of hybrid icing. when its obvious, call it, when it's a 50/50 play, let the players go for it.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2011, 02:09 AM
  #27
trilobyte
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Alberta
Posts: 12,543
vCash: 500
People are expecting the NHL, the NHL that we know, to get this right?

That's a laugh.

trilobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2011, 02:55 AM
  #28
PavelBure9
Registered User
 
PavelBure9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 365
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
love the idea of hybrid icing. when its obvious, call it, when it's a 50/50 play, let the players go for it.
My only problem with this new rule would be that the officials are gaining too much power to see what a judgement call is and is not. They will be making plays that seem obvious into problems

PavelBure9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2011, 10:45 AM
  #29
clmetsfan
Registered User
 
clmetsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 3,781
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
love the idea of hybrid icing. when its obvious, call it, when it's a 50/50 play, let the players go for it.
But what would be the point of that? The idea behind changing the rule is to eliminate the danger of two guys skating full speed into the boards, which what you're calling for would do nothing to curtail.

clmetsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2011, 10:46 AM
  #30
Fitzy
All Is Well
 
Fitzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 19,917
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by clmetsfan View Post
But what would be the point of that? The idea behind changing the rule is to eliminate the danger of two guys skating full speed into the boards, which what you're calling for would do nothing to curtail.
Yeah I don't get the logic there either.

Hybrid icing would eliminate only the icing touches with no danger.

__________________
"I have something better than proof: I have anecdotal evidence."
Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2011, 10:57 AM
  #31
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 15,193
vCash: 500
Just make it auto icing, then.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2011, 11:06 AM
  #32
Fitzy
All Is Well
 
Fitzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 19,917
vCash: 50
This is what I would do...

No auto icings, because that kills the plays (and these happen more than once every couple of games) where players dump from beyond the red because they know they can beat out the icings.

Make icing be from your own blueline and inside. There is no real legitimate reason for red line icings. Inside the blueline indicates that you are just throwing the puck down ice to clear the zone. Once you are in the neutral zone, there should be no icing for throwing the puck in, especially in an attempt to beat a neutral zone trap.

Ditch the red line, make icings from the blue line and in.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2011, 11:38 AM
  #33
skroob**
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,375
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PavelBure9 View Post
My only problem with this new rule would be that the officials are gaining too much power to see what a judgement call is and is not. They will be making plays that seem obvious into problems
My problem as well. "New NHL(tm)" has too many wishy-washy rules for my taste. Much less clean-cut than it used to be.


Quote:
Originally Posted by SLU Hockey View Post
Yeah I don't get the logic there either.

Hybrid icing would eliminate only the icing touches with no danger.
Why get rid of the danger? Danger makes players think more. Be more alert. I'm tired og seeing hockey get candy-coated.

skroob** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2011, 11:44 AM
  #34
Ice Hockey
Registered User
 
Ice Hockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: CT
Country: United States
Posts: 760
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
love the idea of hybrid icing. when its obvious, call it, when it's a 50/50 play, let the players go for it.

read this post bettman!

great to hear artie is ok. he has morphed into a beast this season.

Ice Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2011, 11:45 AM
  #35
Fitzy
All Is Well
 
Fitzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 19,917
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by skroob View Post
My problem as well. "New NHL(tm)" has too many wishy-washy rules for my taste. Much less clean-cut than it used to be.




Why get rid of the danger? Danger makes players think more. Be more alert. I'm tired og seeing hockey get candy-coated.
My point is that it doesn't solve the problem that people who are supporting the amendment are trying to get rid of. Not whether or not they are correct in wanting to eliminate it.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2011, 11:46 AM
  #36
Ice Hockey
Registered User
 
Ice Hockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: CT
Country: United States
Posts: 760
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLU Hockey View Post
This is what I would do...

No auto icings, because that kills the plays (and these happen more than once every couple of games) where players dump from beyond the red because they know they can beat out the icings.

Make icing be from your own blueline and inside. There is no real legitimate reason for red line icings. Inside the blueline indicates that you are just throwing the puck down ice to clear the zone. Once you are in the neutral zone, there should be no icing for throwing the puck in, especially in an attempt to beat a neutral zone trap.

Ditch the red line, make icings from the blue line and in.
only thing is, this would do away with lots of turnovers and help trap teams

Ice Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2011, 11:50 AM
  #37
Fitzy
All Is Well
 
Fitzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 19,917
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Hockey View Post
only thing is, this would do away with lots of turnovers and help trap teams
I don't see how it would help trap teams.

Knowing that your players have to be ready to turn that much quicker when the puck is carried through the neutral zone...

I think Pierre McGuire is a big proponent of eliminating the red line, as well.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2011, 11:56 AM
  #38
Ice Hockey
Registered User
 
Ice Hockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: CT
Country: United States
Posts: 760
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLU Hockey View Post
I don't see how it would help trap teams.

Knowing that your players have to be ready to turn that much quicker when the puck is carried through the neutral zone...

I think Pierre McGuire is a big proponent of eliminating the red line, as well.
because all you have to do is get it over the blue line in order to dump it and get fresh players and play defensive hockey. that extra however many feet of ice from the blue line to the red line-- a lot of action happens in that area. less risk of turning the puck over = less goals = more boring. it would be a puck dumping fest for any team trying to hang onto a lead and is a step backwards imo.

Ice Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2011, 12:05 PM
  #39
CM PUNK
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 3,278
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
love the idea of hybrid icing. when its obvious, call it, when it's a 50/50 play, let the players go for it.
doesn't really help anything...so you save 3 seconds of clock time by not making the defenseman skate back to touch the puck when no one is around...but when 2 guys are racing for the puck where the danger comes in then its the same as now

CM PUNK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2011, 12:06 PM
  #40
Jumbo*
TARGET: ACQUIRED
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 16,720
vCash: 500
Yea Hybrid makes zero sense, its not going to prevent any of the injuries that are already happening. If two guys are close to each other they are still going to let them battle to get to it first.

Jumbo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2011, 12:17 PM
  #41
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 15,193
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLU Hockey View Post
This is what I would do...

No auto icings, because that kills the plays (and these happen more than once every couple of games) where players dump from beyond the red because they know they can beat out the icings.

Make icing be from your own blueline and inside. There is no real legitimate reason for red line icings. Inside the blueline indicates that you are just throwing the puck down ice to clear the zone. Once you are in the neutral zone, there should be no icing for throwing the puck in, especially in an attempt to beat a neutral zone trap.

Ditch the red line, make icings from the blue line and in.
That would be interesting, except it would eliminate the red line, it would change the ice.

And id be afraid the morons running the show would eventually ditch the bluelines as well. And turn our sport into a sideshow like roller hockey or beach soccer.

That's how little faith I have in the people running the league.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2011, 01:01 PM
  #42
outlaw52
"what i do"
 
outlaw52's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: new york
Country: United States
Posts: 88
vCash: 500
great news. seems to be in the right spot most times lately. really liking his game. LGR

outlaw52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2011, 03:17 PM
  #43
Inferno
HFB Partner
 
Inferno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Country: United States
Posts: 19,894
vCash: 500
i personally like the races to the puck, what i dont care for is that teams can kill 2, 3, 4 seconds off the clock by icing the pucks late. if the clock stops immediately ill be that would lead to more last second goals than we currently see.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2011, 06:11 PM
  #44
Hockey Team
Hunger Force
 
Hockey Team's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: New York, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 4,485
vCash: 920
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
i personally like the races to the puck, what i dont care for is that teams can kill 2, 3, 4 seconds off the clock by icing the pucks late. if the clock stops immediately ill be that would lead to more last second goals than we currently see.
I'd like to see a rule instituted where a ref can wave off an icing if he deems the player isn't touching up as quickly as he should

Hockey Team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2011, 07:28 PM
  #45
Jumbo*
TARGET: ACQUIRED
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 16,720
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by f2d View Post
I'd like to see a rule instituted where a ref can wave off an icing if he deems the player isn't touching up as quickly as he should
They do sometimes. Usually if the player stops skating a bit to make sure the puck is going to cross the line.

Jumbo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:49 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.