HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Terry Murray Rant Thread [Merged]

Closed Thread

Old
12-11-2011, 04:41 AM
savemefromtears
Bravo Viva la France

vCash: 500

Old
12-11-2011, 05:03 AM
BD33

This is us in a few days

Old
12-11-2011, 05:14 AM
SDGolfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ru4reals View Post
I believe Murray's time as a coach is coming to an end. I believe after the road trip he will be done.
because the players are a bunch of P U S S I E S?. TM doesn't deserve this team.

Old
12-11-2011, 08:03 AM
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?

Screw Murray and DL. Both need to go. Take the C off brown, give it to jack. Trade stoll,greene,Williams, keep hunter 4th line. Sign VV to a 10 yr contract. Nuff' said I think

Old
12-11-2011, 10:11 AM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKopitar11 View Post
Screw Murray and DL. Both need to go. Take the C off brown, give it to jack. Trade stoll,greene,Williams, keep hunter 4th line. Sign VV to a 10 yr contract. Nuff' said I think
I understand you're frustrated, but that does nothing to make this team better.

Old
12-11-2011, 10:12 AM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by funky View Post
would like to see Tony Granato get a chance. He has paid his dues and is learning in a great organization which always finds a way to win.
He sucked last time he was a head coach.

Either get a proven winner in Carlyle or get a young and hungry coach to come in and stoke some fire in these guys.

All I know is that he's got to go. How Lombardi hasn't fired him yet is beyond me. Unless of course he plans on going down with the SS. Terry Murray.

Old
12-11-2011, 11:23 AM
Scottkmlps

Soooooo.....has he been fired yet?

Old
12-11-2011, 11:26 AM
ZJames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post

Either get a proven winner in Carlyle or get a young and hungry coach to come in and stoke some fire in these guys.

All I know is that he's got to go. How Lombardi hasn't fired him yet is beyond me. Unless of course he plans on going down with the SS. Terry Murray.
Ive been a dean supporter from day 1, but for every day that goes by with TM still coaching this team, DL is losing more and more of my support. We need a young hungry coach. We need some intensity.

Old
12-11-2011, 11:30 AM
Mattias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post

I think it just might be the bolded, regrettably.

Old
The Tikkanen
Pest

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZJames View Post
Ive been a dean supporter from day 1, but for every day that goes by with TM still coaching this team, DL is losing more and more of my support. We need a young hungry coach. We need some intensity.
Patrick Roy.

Old
Chazz Reinhold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZJames View Post

Old
12-11-2011, 11:34 AM
ZJames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazz Reinhold View Post
I like it.

Lol I dont know how good of a coach he would be, but id be willing to give it a try.

Old
12-11-2011, 11:42 AM
KingsFan7824

Hopefully the players are trying to get their oppressive coaches fired. The light of freedom from 29 other cities showing them the way forward. When it happens though, this team better start scoring, and winning, right away, because it's more sizzle than steak right now.

I hope the players get their wish. Then it's all on them.

Old
12-11-2011, 11:43 AM
bobafettish*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazz Reinhold View Post
is hiring another teams assistant midseason common?

Old
12-11-2011, 11:47 AM
Chazz Reinhold

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobafettish View Post
My response was more aimed at the "hungry" and "young" part of ZJames' comment.

I don't really think the Kings should hire Deadmarsh. Just trying to bring some levity to a depressing situation.

Old
12-11-2011, 11:50 AM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobafettish View Post
It is possible, though we would have to pay compensation and get their permission, of course. Still, Deadmarsh is great and all, but it would be like putting Robitaille behind the bench. Honestly, it is just for show, Deadmarsh has a little bit of experience, but he really hasn't coach much of anything at this point. He was given the assistant job mostly on name and reverence, then we would promote him on basically the same principle. He is a beloved figure, but I would prefer to hire someone with a bit of a more established record.

“Every good army needs a couple of criminals.” - Dean Lombardi
Old
12-11-2011, 12:02 PM
jonrazor12
Palffy for President

Not sure who would be a good fit to replace TM but any change has to be better than the current situation. At this point I would want someone who commands respect and instills motivation. Dont care about a big name or some hot up and comer. Someone needs to motivate the players and allow them to play hockey. Let the talent do the work. Not a system.

As for trading players or stripping Brown of the C. No and No. We have a great group of players that are capable of so much more. And the C does not automatically make someone responsible to produce points. There is no added pressure by being the captain. The captain is someone who commands respect from fellow players and is a voice in the locker room and on/off the ice. Brown is exactly that.

Fact is, the players are just not playing for TM. I think the players lack respect and confidence for and in TM.

Old
12-11-2011, 12:05 PM
cheap77
Go Kings!

I guess I didn't get to wake up to an early christmas present. Maybe after we get destroyed by Boston.

Old
12-11-2011, 12:12 PM
DAkings20
Kings can't score

I expected TM to be fired, I knew he wouldn't be...

Old
12-11-2011, 12:13 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

I could see us giving Randy C his shot at the helm.

If it is a case of waiting until the offseason Bob B would be an incredible choice. There are several out there. Doing anything drastic to the roster would be criminally stupid to my way of seeing things. We entered this season with a team that I think should be able to compete for the cup in spite of TM being our coach.

I was wrong about the TM part (that is what I get for going easy on him) but our team is more than talented enough to make it into the playoffs and do some damage and who knows what can happen once you get there.

I laughed out loud last night when I saw Jamie Kompon respond to the question "what do you think we need to do blah blah blah". When Kompon said "we have to stay out of the box, that's one thing" I did a spit take. For whatever reason our PP is garbage and JK is at the helm of it and when we are a team that has a better shot of scoring short handed then doing ANYTHING under his direction, I think he should just have said something like " I don't know. I mean why are you asking me anyways?" or something along those lines.

Meh I truly believe that we are a talented coach away from being a legitimate cup contender but I have said so for the last couple of years and will go on doing so until something changes.

Old
12-11-2011, 12:35 PM
Moses Doughty
LA's offense offends

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikkanen View Post
Patrick Roy.
I second this motion

Old
12-11-2011, 12:51 PM
TonySCV
Two Timer!

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puc...rn=nhl-wp19561

In Year 4 of the Terry Murray regime, the teacher has become the target. With Saturday night's loss to the Dallas Stars, the Kings have followed a summer of significant talent upgrades with a middling 13-12-4 start featuring the worst offense in the NHL.

The coach and the players are facing questions about the team's philosophy. Los Angeles fans have seen just about enough to know that Murray's time in Hollywood is at an end.

The issue with the Kings, however, is less one of personnel than of how that personnel is being utilized.

The mindset under Murray has been defense-first, and the question has rightfully been asked if this mindset stifles offensive creativity. It's an especially salient point if you buy into the notion that Murray's offense is created by a dump-and-chase model that's best played not with skilled scorers like Mike Richards and Simon Gagne but with banging bodies like Ryan Smyth, Wayne Simmonds and Michal Handzus, all of whom are now ex-Kings."

Old
12-11-2011, 12:54 PM
The Tikkanen
Pest

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses Doughty View Post
I second this motion
Young, hungry, fiery, passionate, when he talks you listen-especially the goalies and their tendency to let in softies, Stanley Cup experience and he had some great coaches when he played. And with the Lakers coming the Kings are about to go back to not mattering in the region, especially with their piss poor efforts night in and night out.

Old
12-11-2011, 12:56 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5792
The problem with firing the coach is that the Kings are in every game because of their defense and goaltending. They still play hard and have a chance to win every game, so unfortunately, that doesn't usually lead to the coach getting fired.

Old
12-11-2011, 12:58 PM
DryIslandBartender
KCCO

Tony Granato please, my original choice several years ago after Crawford was canned.

Closed Thread