HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Philadelphia Eagles & NFL discussion

Closed Thread

Old
12-02-2011, 08:26 AM
Kaktus*

vCash: 500
Dumbest game ever. I wish Eagles would relocate to another state/country.

Old
12-02-2011, 01:19 PM
cheesesteak

What coaches would use like if there's a change? I'm thinking Bill Cowher, or John Gruden.

Old
12-02-2011, 01:36 PM
Prongo
Beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesesteak View Post
What coaches would use like if there's a change? I'm thinking Bill Cowher, or John Gruden.
Them, or maybe even Mike Sherman? He was let go this week by Texas A&M

Old
12-02-2011, 02:08 PM
Stonehands77

Quote:
Ugh, no Gruden. His record isn't that great, and he only won a Super Bowl because 1. Tony Dungy handed him a ridiculously stacked defense, and 2. the idiotic Raiders coach didn't change the play calls or system at all, and Gruden could hand that to said stacked defense so that they could destroy them utterly. After that, his lack of talent evaluation showed itself worse than Reid's. No thanks.

Cowher...maybe. He'd emphasize the run, that's for sure, and probably want LBs. But his Steelers teams were almost the same as Reid's Eagles teams have been: favored every year, choked in the playoffs. Until he finally won the big one after what, 10 seasons? 12?

Are there any other coaches that people would consider? I'm not sure about Mike Sherman, I'd have to look into it. And a D coordinator. Because I see no way Juan Castillo survives this season. None.

Old
12-02-2011, 04:28 PM
El Emperor

Quote:
Out of the two, Cowher for sure. I would love to see "soon to be ousted" Spagnola as the DC. Also need an OC that will balance the offense.

All in all, we need a coach that will inspire this team to play and hold them accountable. Run the damn ball and take pressure off of Vick. I mean, seriously, top NFL RB and you barely use him?

Old
12-02-2011, 04:35 PM
cheesesteak

Jeff Fisher is another I'd be interested in.

Old
12-02-2011, 09:39 PM
TheLegendkiller

They critiqued possible coaches on csnphilly.com. I like the pick of Brian Billick, still don't really know who he is tho.

I'd go Jeff Fisher, and Spagnolo as the DC. Bobby April might need to go as special teams coach as well. And we should, (i know people wont like this) we should keep Marty as the OC just cause of all the coaching changes. He can bridge the gap since the new coaches wont know the players strengths a weaknesses at first. I think it would be a smoother transition.

Old
12-02-2011, 09:49 PM
cheesesteak

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLegendkiller View Post
They critiqued possible coaches on csnphilly.com. I like the pick of Brian Billick, still don't really know who he is tho.

I'd go Jeff Fisher, and Spagnolo as the DC. Bobby April might need to go as special teams coach as well. And we should, (i know people wont like this) we should keep Marty as the OC just cause of all the coaching changes. He can bridge the gap since the new coaches wont know the players strengths a weaknesses at first. I think it would be a smoother transition.
I think he was the Ravens coach. I also wouldn't mind getting a "no name" like how the Steelers, and Ravens did. It worked out well for them, but things usually don't work like that for Philly.

Old
12-03-2011, 11:19 AM
BillyShoe1721
Terriers

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to BillyShoe1721
Quote:
Spagnuolo is the Rams' head coach. I'm guessing this was written under the assumption that he'll be fired.

Old
12-03-2011, 01:22 PM
Justified
Amaro out

Quote:
I would be perfectly fine with anybody other than Norv Turner.

Old
12-03-2011, 06:23 PM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

vCash: 580
Might I remind you that Jeff Fisher and Rob Ryan were both available coaches this offseason, both defensive minds...and Andy made Juan Castillo D-Co.

I'd take Fisher back in a heartbeat as head coach. He was our D-Co back under Buddy Ryan at 30 years old. Woulda been great to have Fisher as coach and Rob Ryan, Buddy's son as our D-Co imo.

Old
12-03-2011, 07:56 PM
Hockeypete49
How you like me now!

Quote:

He would be a good replacement for Big Red.

Old
12-03-2011, 08:04 PM
Hockeypete49
How you like me now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sobrien View Post
Might I remind you that Jeff Fisher and Rob Ryan were both available coaches this offseason, both defensive minds...and Andy made Juan Castillo D-Co.

I'd take Fisher back in a heartbeat as head coach. He was our D-Co back under Buddy Ryan at 30 years old. Woulda been great to have Fisher as coach and Rob Ryan, Buddy's son as our D-Co imo.
Rob Ryan as the D-Co! This team's D would be awesome! Maybe Big Red did not want him on the team. Cause he would be threatened by Rob's presence on the team. Not only is the guy a great D-Cor. He is a future head coach in this league. Players really want to play for him. I feel sad for Juan. He is a stand up guy who should have staid right where he was.

Old
12-04-2011, 04:46 PM
orangey

Quote:

Fisher and Spags may have trouble agreeing on what defense to run. I think one or the other. Both are fine for me for DC because I dont think they will fire Reid yet.

Old
12-05-2011, 09:22 AM
BleedOrange
BuildThroughTheDraft

The dream team ya who would ever dream they would sux the big one....

Old
12-11-2011, 01:06 PM
Justified
Amaro out

tank!

Old
12-11-2011, 01:15 PM
Jack de la Hoya

If we're smart about it, we can get as low as fourth- or fifth-worst in the league. Maybe someone can slip something in Bill and / or Chris Polian's drink, and persuade them to take the 5th overall pick and DRC for the #1 overall pick.

Dunno. Might be too much to ask to acquire a quarterback who's skill set actually matches the offensive "system" we've been trying to run for the last decade.

Old
12-11-2011, 01:54 PM
BillyShoe1721
Terriers

Send a message via AIM to BillyShoe1721
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeh82 View Post
If we're smart about it, we can get as low as fourth- or fifth-worst in the league. Maybe someone can slip something in Bill and / or Chris Polian's drink, and persuade them to take the 5th overall pick and DRC for the #1 overall pick.
The Colts would be insane to think about that offer. We don't need a QB, we need Matt Kalil.

Old
12-11-2011, 02:04 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiLLY_ShOE1721 View Post
The Colts would be insane to think about that offer. We don't need a QB, we need Matt Kalil.
We need a quarterback. Michael Vick is a fantastic one-man team, but 1) his skill set isn't suited to an offense predicated on precise timing; 2) his reckless playing style will almost certainly result in more and more games missed as he gets older.

I don't disagree that the Colts would be unlikely to pull the trigger. Maybe you can persuade them that Matt Barkley would be available at #5, and that Barkley + DRC + a few years of Payton Manning is worth Andrew Luck.

Probably not, and Kalil is an impressive player as well. It doesn't matter, we will end up winning 7 games and dropping to the middle of the first round.

Old
12-11-2011, 02:30 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

To get the #1 overall pick, you have to be willing to cough up your own #1 and #2, plus at least 2 more #1's.

Of course, the Eagles are winning now, and going to try and save some kind of face for next season, where nothing will really change.

Old
12-11-2011, 02:31 PM
Justified
Amaro out

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiLLY_ShOE1721 View Post
right now it doesnt look like they will be drafting 5th or 6th. I would go defense with 1st pick.

Old
12-11-2011, 02:41 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKJ View Post
To get the #1 overall pick, you have to be willing to cough up your own #1 and #2, plus at least 2 more #1's.

Of course, the Eagles are winning now, and going to try and save some kind of face for next season, where nothing will really change.
I don't think it takes three 1sts and a 2nd to move up four spots.

But you're right, they apparently aren't embracing my tank philosophy.

Old
12-11-2011, 02:46 PM
Phileeguy
Thanks, Jimmy

Quote:

But you're right, they apparently aren't embracing my tank philosophy.
This team for the most part has lost when you wanted them to win, and won when you wanted them to lose this year. It's frustrating. They could realistically finish 7-9 this year and really hamstring themselves for next year. Not bad enough to get a high pick, and just good enough to have Reid stick around for one more year.

Old
12-11-2011, 02:54 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

Quote:
It does this year.

Old
12-11-2011, 02:59 PM
WeekendAtBernies

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKJ View Post
It does this year.
LOL. Look at Nostradamus telling everyone definitively how much it costs for Luck.

Luck is so ridiculously overhyped.

My prediction is that the Colts will trade out of that spot and will do it relatively cheaply, trading back to around the 4th or 5th overall spot.

Closed Thread