HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Notes from Bergen Record Rangers Article

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-11-2011, 03:59 PM
  #1
ThisYearsModel
Registered User
 
ThisYearsModel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Country: United States
Posts: 6,890
vCash: 500
Notes from Bergen Record Rangers Article

Avery, clearly in Tortorella’s doghouse on and off the ice, played just 3:48, including just 40 seconds apiece in the second and third periods. He may be a healthy scratch tonight in favor of Erik Christensen, who did not dress for the eighth straight game Saturday.

Why is Avery in the dog house off the ice?

ThisYearsModel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2011, 04:23 PM
  #2
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm
 
Clowes Line's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New Yawk
Country: United States
Posts: 12,544
vCash: 500
Maybe he missed a team meeting or something? And because it's Avery, it is blown out of proportion

Clowes Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2011, 04:27 PM
  #3
ThisYearsModel
Registered User
 
ThisYearsModel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Country: United States
Posts: 6,890
vCash: 500
Wow, is that truly a story? If so, what a dufus.

ThisYearsModel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2011, 04:53 PM
  #4
Net Front Presence
Harvester of Sorrow
 
Net Front Presence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 5,920
vCash: 12500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HagelinForPresident View Post
Maybe he missed a team meeting or something? And because it's Avery, it is blown out of proportion
If Avery ever missed a team meeting, Torts would burn Avery's jersey and scratch him for eternity.

Net Front Presence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2011, 05:21 PM
  #5
Khelvan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: San Francisco, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,376
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Khelvan Send a message via AIM to Khelvan Send a message via MSN to Khelvan
Quote:
Originally Posted by B1SHOP View Post
If Avery ever missed a team meeting, Torts would burn Avery's jersey and scratch him for eternity.
I know, right? And Torts isn't the only one. He has been unfairly maligned by a number of different coaches & GMs. What bad luck he has had to have been a part of so many horrible front offices. Idiots, all of them.

Khelvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2011, 05:25 PM
  #6
John Torturella
Registered User
 
John Torturella's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 3,832
vCash: 500
I wish I never had to hear the words Erik Christensen again. He doesn't fit this team's style. Get rid of him PLEASE.

John Torturella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2011, 05:29 PM
  #7
Net Front Presence
Harvester of Sorrow
 
Net Front Presence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 5,920
vCash: 12500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khelvan View Post
I know, right? And Torts isn't the only one. He has been unfairly maligned by a number of different coaches & GMs. What bad luck he has had to have been a part of so many horrible front offices. Idiots, all of them.
Not sure what you're going for with that

Net Front Presence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2011, 05:30 PM
  #8
chip chipperson*
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 2,033
vCash: 500
hes just looking for a way to justify getting christensen in the lineup. avery has done nothing wrong, at least on the ice.

chip chipperson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2011, 05:33 PM
  #9
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.
 
BrooklynRangersFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Brooklyn of course
Country: United States
Posts: 10,152
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by B1SHOP View Post
Not sure what you're going for with that
Um, I'm going to take a wild-ass guess and say heavy, heavy sarcasm.

BrooklynRangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2011, 06:24 PM
  #10
beef 4 lunch
Registered User
 
beef 4 lunch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 239
vCash: 500
torts needs to show everyone that he is in charge. every now and then he does something that screams "look at me!!" kinda like a little kid looking for attention.

beef 4 lunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2011, 07:32 PM
  #11
BBKers
Registered User
 
BBKers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: South Koster, Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 5,658
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Something is up with Avery - supposedly off the ice... Just heard it earlier from a reliable source. Will try to get details... Maybe just it is just a bs rumor but this person knows a lot of what goes on.
I don´t care though cuzz I like what he can do for the team on the 4th line - which he executes well so far this year with limited minutes. His goals have been results of hard work and he has been very good not taking penalties and instead drawing some...
He, Prust & Rupp should split 4th line wing duty there later in the year...depending on opposition/health. Boyle should center.
Then we have AA, Stepan, Gabby, Fedotenko, Richards, Cally, Dubinsky, Hagelin, Wolski, Mitchell & ev Zuccarello (11 players) fighting for the top 9 spots. Good depth there...

BBKers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2011, 08:59 PM
  #12
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him
 
nyr2k2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Washington, DC
Country: United States
Posts: 22,893
vCash: 500
Awards:
Incarcerated Bob is not a legitimate, valid source and we're not going to discuss his "rumors" here.

__________________

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2011, 09:37 PM
  #13
ThisYearsModel
Registered User
 
ThisYearsModel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Country: United States
Posts: 6,890
vCash: 500
Who the heck is Incarcerated Bob? Eklund's ugly cousin? Never heard of him.

ThisYearsModel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2011, 09:39 PM
  #14
Synergy27
Registered User
 
Synergy27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Jersey City, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 4,543
vCash: 500
The Rangers are undefeated and averaging 6 goals a game since Avery was benched!

Synergy27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2011, 09:41 PM
  #15
Ranger109
Registered User
 
Ranger109's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 144
vCash: 500
I want Avery in the line-up, I think it's BS he i scratched.

Ranger109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2011, 09:51 PM
  #16
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.
 
BrooklynRangersFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Brooklyn of course
Country: United States
Posts: 10,152
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger109 View Post
I want Avery in the line-up, I think it's BS he i scratched.
They won 6-1 without him, yet you say it's BS he's scratched.

If this isn't proof that people want him because they identify with or are amused by his antics, rather than for any real hockey-related reason, I don't know what is.

BrooklynRangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2011, 09:59 PM
  #17
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him
 
nyr2k2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Washington, DC
Country: United States
Posts: 22,893
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
They won 6-1 without him, yet you say it's BS he's scratched.

If this isn't proof that people want him because they identify with or are amused by his antics, rather than for any real hockey-related reason, I don't know what is.
They could have scratched Gaborik tonight and won the game. A singular result isn't indicative of anything.

Why is it unreasonable for someone to think that Avery performed well enough to keep his roster spot over Erik-freakin'-Christensen?

nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2011, 10:07 PM
  #18
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.
 
BrooklynRangersFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Brooklyn of course
Country: United States
Posts: 10,152
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
They could have scratched Gaborik tonight and won the game. A singular result isn't indicative of anything.

Why is it unreasonable for someone to think that Avery performed well enough to keep his roster spot over Erik-freakin'-Christensen?
The timing of the complaint is what proves the point - not any correlation between his absence and the final score.

BrooklynRangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2011, 10:30 PM
  #19
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him
 
nyr2k2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Washington, DC
Country: United States
Posts: 22,893
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
The timing of the complaint is what proves the point - not any correlation between his absence and the final score.
What point is proved? That there are people who love Avery that want him to play? I also happen to think it's ridiculous that he loses his spot to Christensen. The timing is what it is because this thread was posted today. Should people wait to complain until we lose? They'd also catch flak for doing that.

nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2011, 10:50 PM
  #20
nyrleetch
Registered User
 
nyrleetch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 3,044
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
What point is proved? That there are people who love Avery that want him to play? I also happen to think it's ridiculous that he loses his spot to Christensen. The timing is what it is because this thread was posted today. Should people wait to complain until we lose? They'd also catch flak for doing that.
Was just going to say this. Had Rangers lost 6-1 tonight and people complained that we should've played Avery then people would say Avery wouldnt have made a difference.

nyrleetch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2011, 11:03 PM
  #21
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.
 
BrooklynRangersFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Brooklyn of course
Country: United States
Posts: 10,152
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
What point is proved? That there are people who love Avery that want him to play? I also happen to think it's ridiculous that he loses his spot to Christensen. The timing is what it is because this thread was posted today. Should people wait to complain until we lose? They'd also catch flak for doing that.
That is the point - that the Avery crowd's fervor is based on emotional attachment to his personality and amusement at the bush league crap that he pulls rather than his actual value as a hockey player.

I readily admit that he played well his first couple of games back and that he had one other good game a week or so back - but other than that, he's been invisible. So, fourth liner that he is, he got swapped out for another fourth liner. Hey, if the team goes stagnant and loses a couple of games I have no problem with him being subbed back in for Christensen in an effort to provide some kind of spark. (Frankly, I don't expect either of the players in question to be here this time next year.) Yet, because he's Sean WWE Avery he's supposed to be afforded some special treatment. The OP is ticked off that he sat; I'm ticked off that there is a contingent of Rangers fans that idolize him as they do.

BrooklynRangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2011, 11:10 PM
  #22
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 8,071
vCash: 500
Avery deserves to play because he is and has been better than Erik Christensen for this team. There is no reason EC should play. He is glaringly inconsistent and for the most part looks depressed out there when he plays. He just doesn't look into it mentally. He doesnt look motivated.

And I dont care for Avery all that much but there's no reason he should be sitting for EC. Maybe Torts rationale was because it was back-to-back nights the team might not be as sharp if the game goes to a shootout he has EC to go to? Who knows.

RGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2011, 11:15 PM
  #23
noupf
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 922
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by beef 4 lunch View Post
torts needs to show everyone that he is in charge. every now and then he does something that screams "look at me!!" kinda like a little kid looking for attention.
see the post above. when avery becomes invisible, you change the lineup....or at least thats what i thought a coach was hired to do, no ???

When avery plays effectively, he help spark the team. when he doesnt play with an edge, he provides little to get the team going.

when he comes back and plays hard and with an edge, he will help keep the momentum. when he sclacks off, this scenario will play again.

noupf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2011, 11:26 PM
  #24
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 8,071
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by noupf View Post
see the post above. when avery becomes invisible, you change the lineup....or at least thats what i thought a coach was hired to do, no ???

When avery plays effectively, he help spark the team. when he doesnt play with an edge, he provides little to get the team going.

when he comes back and plays hard and with an edge, he will help keep the momentum. when he sclacks off, this scenario will play again.
what has christensen done this year to earn a spot? and you're really selling avery short here, he has done more than just "spark" the team. He has scored a couple goals, played with more of an edge than EC, gets in on the forecheck. There was no reason to scratch him for Christensen

RGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2011, 12:32 AM
  #25
clmetsfan
Registered User
 
clmetsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 3,781
vCash: 500
There's a very good argument to be made that as long as they're playing just 5-10 minutes of 4th line duty, then Christensen can have much more of an impact on a game than Avery due to his shootout prowess. If he's in the lineup against Tampa then maybe we pull out the two points.

clmetsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:06 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.