HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Sens are going nowhere unless they fix their powerplay

Old
12-11-2011, 01:21 PM
lafite

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Afro Thunder View Post
This.

We are looking for the perfect play instead of just shooting from the point and have one of our big guys of Neil Michalek or Greening bounce on the rebounds like before.
They weren't shooting because the shooting lanes were being skillfully blocked. What they were doing wrong from my view in the cheap seats was standing still. If they created a bit of motion, it would force the defenders to move more and increase the chance of an opening, either for an unblocked shot from the point or a net rush. I love it when the crowd is shouting "Shoot!" when a guy like Karlsson is passing. You know if he had a shot he would be taking it.

lafite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2011, 01:35 PM
Nabokov20
Karlsson for Chuck

Now, should they fix their powerplay? Fail for Nail.

Nabokov20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2011, 04:08 PM
Billy Madison*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afro Thunder View Post
This.

We are looking for the perfect play instead of just shooting from the point and have one of our big guys of Neil Michalek or Greening bounce on the rebounds like before.
Next to impossible with 2 right handed shots out there on the point. The lanes are taken away and the other teams put pressure on the points right away. Has nothing to do with simplfying anything.

Billy Madison* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2011, 06:34 PM
jasonjim

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubby View Post
Try Cowen on the PP! He has as hard a shot as anyone on the team.
At one time when Murray was coaching and he needed to shake up the other team he used to order Chara to go to the front of he net and cause havoc. Often times it resulted in a goal. Cowen is not Chara but he is big enough to do the same job.

jasonjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2011, 07:13 PM
jasonjim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamok View Post
So exactly where we are now?...

Could it be posssible that our team just does not have the talent necessary to compete positively at the NHL level. Looks that way to me every time I watch them play. They need more firepower and defensive prowess than they have now to successfully take on the top teams in the NHL. A measure of their lack of talent is their inability to stop taking stupid penalties, even when they have plenty of evidence that it hurts the team's ability to win. Oh well, perhaps someday it will all turn around by some miracle.

jasonjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2011, 07:19 PM
Iamok
#Panic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonjim View Post
Could it be posssible that our team just does not have the talent necessary to compete positively at the NHL level. Looks that way to me every time I watch them play. They need more firepower and defensive prowess than they have now to successfully take on the top teams in the NHL. A measure of their lack of talent is their inability to stop taking stupid penalties, even when they have plenty of evidence that it hurts the team's ability to win. Oh well, perhaps someday it will all turn around by some miracle.
This is what happens in a rebuild. That "miracle" is called development.

Iamok is offline   Reply With Quote