HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Yahoo Fantasy Hockey/NHL Video Game Thread

Old
12-11-2011, 09:02 PM
UDnyr92

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bagh View Post
Good working with you bud. Elliot should be able to help you out. Hell, he just got a shut out last night.
Yeah definitely I was happy with that deal too, but apparently the commissioner wasn't and vetoed it, and now its subject to league vote as long as we both accept to it again. I proposed you a slightly altered one, gave you a touch more. Check it out and hopefully it'll go through.

UDnyr92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2011, 09:10 PM
Swagelin
aka Bienvenue a ny

What should I do with Havlat?
I want to get rid of him but I'm afraid he'll go on a tear just like when I dropped Evander Kane.

Swagelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2011, 09:13 PM
bagh

Quote:
Originally Posted by UDnyr92 View Post
Yeah definitely I was happy with that deal too, but apparently the commissioner wasn't and vetoed it, and now its subject to league vote as long as we both accept to it again. I proposed you a slightly altered one, gave you a touch more. Check it out and hopefully it'll go through.
Won't work. I'd have to drop someone off of my roster for it to work.

If the commish knows anyone who is willing to give me more for Elliot then he should have them come forward.

bagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2011, 09:17 PM
UDnyr92

Quote:

If the commish knows anyone who is willing to give me more for Elliot then he should have them come forward.
Ah this is bothering me now. We had both agreed on it and it had almost processed, but now he has persuaded you to not take the deal we had agreed on. And I can't even add any pieces because you'd then have to drop someone. Can't believe I'm now negotiating with two people instead of just you

Old
12-11-2011, 09:20 PM
UAGoalieGuy

Quote:

It's not so much someone coming up with a better offer. You should command a hell of a lot more for Elliot at this point in time, in this type of fantasy league.

If this was a keeper league, It would be a totally different story. This is a one off league where a player that may be having a fluke hot year is more valuable then a player that has had a much better career to date but is having a crap year on a crap team.

Elliot is the #3 overall player in the league right now, and the #1 goalie. 12 wins, 1.47GAA, 4 SO's, an almost 95% SAV%. Those are some amazing numbers. His team is tied for 4th overall in the West. Carter has 10 points on the worst team in the league.

I am one of the other GM's that messaged the Commish about this trade. It's terrible value wise in this type of league.

UAGoalieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2011, 09:22 PM
UDnyr92

Quote:
Originally Posted by UAGoalieGuy View Post
It's not so much someone coming up with a better offer. You should command a hell of a lot more for Elliot at this point in time, in this type of fantasy league.

If this was a keeper league, It would be a totally different story. This is a one off league where a player that may be having a fluke hot year is more valuable then a player that has had a much better career to date but is having a crap year on a crap team.

Elliot is the #3 overall player in the league right now, and the #1 goalie. 12 wins, 1.47GAA, 4 SO's, an almost 95% SAV%. Those are some amazing numbers. His team is tied for 4th overall in the West. Carter has 10 points on the worst team in the league.

I am one of the other GM's that messaged the Commish about this trade. It's terrible value wise in this type of league.
Cool so it's now me negotiating with 3 different people. Veto's should be used when there's clearly tampering going on because one person knows they're out of it and want to help another specific team, not when two teams happily agree on a trade. It's getting out of hand now, let the guy manage his own team?

Old
12-11-2011, 09:28 PM
UAGoalieGuy

Quote:
Cool so it's now me negotiating with 3 different people. Veto's should be used when there's clearly tampering going on because one person knows they're out of it and want to help another specific team, not when two teams happily agree on a trade. It's getting out of hand now, let the guy manage his own team?
Veto's are in place not only to stop people from "cheating" but also to prevent trade going through that are clearly one-sided, and at this point the trade proposed as is, is.

Again, if this was a keeper league, I would see this trade as someone looking to win this season VS someone looking to be successful for years down the road. This isn't a keeper league.

You are trading the #3 ranked player for the #387 ranked player.

And it's not just three people, there were a bunch of GM's that messaged the Commish about this deal.

Old
12-11-2011, 09:28 PM
Vitto79

jeebus what a deal.......u guys trying to catch me or something

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2011, 09:30 PM
UDnyr92

Quote:
And it's not just three people, there were a bunch of GM's that messaged the Commish about this deal.
Just helping my argument. I'm negotiating with half the other teams in the league for one guy's player. Apparently we all now help each other make personnel decisions. No one is qualified to manage their own team in true, independent competition. How a league should be run

Old
12-11-2011, 09:31 PM
UDnyr92

Quote:
Just helping my argument. I'm negotiating with half the other teams in the league for one guy's player. Apparently we all now help each other make personnel decisions. No one is qualified to manage their own team in true, independent competition. How a league should be run

Old
12-11-2011, 09:34 PM
UDnyr92

Quote:

Oh and by the way, a "clearly one-sided" trade depends on the value that each team places on the players involved, not necessarily the rest of the teams in the league... Usually two teams negotiate a trade between two teams, at least that's what I thought.

EDIT: sorry about the multiple posts, they weren't showing up initially...

Old
12-11-2011, 09:37 PM
bagh

Quote:

Bud, I offered this guy to someone else and he wanted Henrik Sedin in order to trade for one of my goalies. If you think this trade was unfair.

You know what, if it gets vetoed it gets vetoed. I'm not looking to cause drama.I just need forwards.

Old
12-11-2011, 09:44 PM
UAGoalieGuy

Quote:

Oh and by the way, a "clearly one-sided" trade depends on the value that each team places on the players involved, not necessarily the rest of the teams in the league... Usually two teams negotiate a trade between two teams, at least that's what I thought.

EDIT: sorry about the multiple posts, they weren't showing up initially...
You are negociating with eachother, but when it comes to fanasty leagues (And in real life), other people put there opinions in if they see a deal as a hinderence to the rest of the league if too one sided. An example in real life would be the proposed T-Mobile/AT&T merger. Both sides thought it was a fair deal and were happy, but Sprint and Verizon thought it would hurt competition and the average Joe consumer in the long run.

Obviously that's a more complex comparison, but that's how other GM's saw that deal. It hurt the overall competitiveness of the league.

Old
12-11-2011, 09:46 PM
UAGoalieGuy

Quote:
Bud, I offered this guy to someone else and he wanted Henrik Sedin in order to trade for one of my goalies. If you think this trade was unfair.

You know what, if it gets vetoed it gets vetoed. I'm not looking to cause drama.I just need forwards.
And I offered you a forward for a D-man that was on your bench and you declined it! Come on now! lol

Old
12-11-2011, 09:48 PM
UDnyr92

Quote:
You are negociating with eachother, but when it comes to fanasty leagues (And in real life), other people put there opinions in if they see a deal as a hinderence to the rest of the league if too one sided. An example in real life would be the proposed T-Mobile/AT&T merger. Both sides thought it was a fair deal and were happy, but Sprint and Verizon thought it would hurt competition and the average Joe consumer in the long run.

Obviously that's a more complex comparison, but that's how other GM's saw that deal. It hurt the overall competitiveness of the league.
Ok that T-Mobile/AT&T merger is obviously because there is a LAW against monopolies, where Sprint and Verizon are just listening to the law. Ok real life SPORTS, which applies much better - the Chris Paul to LA Lakers trade. All the other owners and the commish just decided, oh no, the Lakers will be too good, and its not fair, uh oh. Now look at that backlash and all the criticism that Stern has gotten, with almost everyone saying that that wasn't fair to veto it because one team does better.

Good try though

Old
12-11-2011, 09:49 PM
bagh

Quote:
And I offered you a forward for a D-man that was on your bench and you declined it! Come on now! lol
um yeah....that D men has more assists than your guy has points.

Old
12-11-2011, 09:51 PM
UAGoalieGuy

Quote:
um yeah....that D men has more assists than your guy has points.
Yet you think trading the #3 overall player in the league for the #387 makes sense?

I would have traded you Pavelski and Ladd if you needed forwards or Elliot.

Old
12-11-2011, 09:54 PM
bagh

Quote:
Yet you think trading the #3 overall player in the league for the #387 makes sense?

I would have traded you Pavelski and Ladd if you needed forwards or Elliot.
I'm trading for a guy who has proven that he can put up 30 goal and was hurt for some portion of the season. I also have Miller and Thomas on the bench. Believe me I can spare him.

Old
12-11-2011, 09:58 PM
UAGoalieGuy

Quote:
Ok that T-Mobile/AT&T merger is obviously because there is a LAW against monopolies, where Sprint and Verizon are just listening to the law. Ok real life SPORTS, which applies much better - the Chris Paul to LA Lakers trade. All the other owners and the commish just decided, oh no, the Lakers will be too good, and its not fair, uh oh. Now look at that backlash and all the criticism that Stern has gotten, with almost everyone saying that that wasn't fair to veto it because one team does better.

Good try though
Actually, no. The reason why the merger deal was denied was because regulators feared that an already shrinking industry would strink even more because Verizon would move to acquire Sprint, leaving just two major cell phone network providers, driving up the price for their services. Even if Verizon didn't do that, it would still raise prices because there would only be three major networks left.

Monopoly lawsuits are brought up by the Department of Justice, it didn't even get to that point because the FCC blocked it right after it was submitted to them. That and they are owned by the league lol. Should just contract the team, make everyone happy.

The main reason the CP3 deal was nixed was because Stern didn't want players to determine where they went while they were under contract and demand a trade.

Old
12-11-2011, 09:58 PM
UDnyr92

Ya know, I think there's something wrong when BOTH sides of a trade are arguing in favor of their trade, but everyone else in the league doesn't want it to happen. Look, we've both stated our cases in favor of OUR trade together, proving why we both just want it to happen, so why can't you let us manage our own teams? I just don't get it anymore if this trade doesn't go through now...

Oh, and @UAGoalieGuy ... I'm not gonna argue about the government policies. I presented a perfect, and very recent case of this in real life sports that applies exactly to this. Or just avoid it, no big deal.

Old
12-11-2011, 10:01 PM
we want cup
We do not Sow

Wow, really? Can't believe that trade was vetoed. For one thing, it may have been lopsided in terms of those players' current stats, but isn't getting good value in a trade part of the whole point of the game? If somebody makes a mistake, they make a mistake.

Plus, Carter is obviously not the 387th best player in the league, and Elliot is obviously not the 3rd best player (goalie or otherwise). Over the course of a full season, both of their numbers will get closer to their career averages. Totally unnecessary interference.

RANGERS =
we want cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2011, 10:03 PM
UAGoalieGuy

Quote:
I'm trading for a guy who has proven that he can put up 30 goal and was hurt for some portion of the season. I also have Miller and Thomas on the bench. Believe me I can spare him.
Well he's on pace for 19, so hopefully he turns it around.

And didn't you orginally propose Pavelski for Elliot this morning or yesterday? I checked my email and it was proposed then canceled when you accepted the other deal I guess.

Old
12-11-2011, 10:06 PM
UDnyr92

Quote:
The main reason the CP3 deal was nixed was because Stern didn't want players to determine where they went while they were under contract and demand a trade.
No, c'mon it wasn't at all. It was known that other owner's emailed him saying they thought it was an unfair trade, and it actually got more into the financial aspect of it, if you want to get that nitpicky

Old
12-11-2011, 10:08 PM
UAGoalieGuy

Quote:
Ya know, I think there's something wrong when BOTH sides of a trade are arguing in favor of their trade, but everyone else in the league doesn't want it to happen. Look, we've both stated our cases in favor of OUR trade together, proving why we both just want it to happen, so why can't you let us manage our own teams? I just don't get it anymore if this trade doesn't go through now...

Oh, and @UAGoalieGuy ... I'm not gonna argue about the government policies. I presented a perfect, and very recent case of this in real life sports that applies exactly to this. Or just avoid it, no big deal.
I did respond to the "real life sports example". The deal was nixed because the league didn't want to let players determine where they want to go while they are still under contract. CP3 said he wanted to go to the Knicks or LA, for the most part, which in turn lowers his value then the team would be able to get if he kept his mouth shut. Also the trade was veto'd because it didn't pass the leagues stress test of "talened young player and/or high draft picks". That I don't get how they can say what types of players need to be included in a trade for a certain player, but whatever, that league has major issues.

Old
12-11-2011, 10:11 PM
UDnyr92

Quote:
I did respond to the "real life sports example". The deal was nixed because the league didn't want to let players determine where they want to go while they are still under contract. CP3 said he wanted to go to the Knicks or LA, for the most part, which in turn lowers his value then the team would be able to get if he kept his mouth shut. Also the trade was veto'd because it didn't pass the leagues stress test of "talened young player and/or high draft picks". That I don't get how they can say what types of players need to be included in a trade for a certain player, but whatever, that league has major issues.
Ok yes the NBA has legitimate other problems that way overshadow this one deal. Anyway lets get back to the real problem at hand...

Both of us favor our trade getting completed, and both of us value our players in ways that we see this trade as benefiting us. Now there shouldn't be a problem with the rest of the league getting in the way, even though we both have clearly presented our cases.