Closed Thread

Old
09-12-2005, 12:25 PM
Ajacied
Remember #9

vCash: 500
Updated top 20 prospect list by HF..

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article.php?sid=7901

Agree with most of the names, but disagree with a lot of their positions. I still think Miettinen and Jokinen should be in the top 4, I also feel that Neal, Clune and Lindgren are too high. Hagos too low. I don't think the difference between Niskanen and Fransson is that big.

Nice job in general though, it's nice to see the Stars getting some attention again after GLU resigned.

Old
09-24-2005, 04:09 AM
Mike Modano

Send a message via ICQ to Mike Modano Send a message via AIM to Mike Modano Send a message via MSN to Mike Modano Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Modano
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ott = Snott
Nice job in general though, it's nice to see the Stars getting some attention again after GLU resigned.
Since when did he resign? Haven't been here for too long...

Old
09-24-2005, 12:01 PM
starshockeyfan56

I dont really understand why Miettinen is where he is, especially after how he's played this preseason.

I think Shawn Belle is too high for the way he's been playing. Not to say that he hasn't been playing well, but consistency appears to be a problem right now.

Jokinen and miettinen should be 2 and 3 in my opinion

Old
09-26-2005, 09:29 AM
Leafs 67 and Waiting

Quote:

Agree with most of the names, but disagree with a lot of their positions. I still think Miettinen and Jokinen should be in the top 4, I also feel that Neal, Clune and Lindgren are too high. Hagos too low. I don't think the difference between Niskanen and Fransson is that big.

Neal is probably a top five propsect in Dallas. He will be solid NHL player. Neal just turned 17 and missed being in the 2006 draft by two weeks. And if that happened he would have gone in the top five of the draft.

I had the opportunity to speak with a scout from the Av's organization in Sarnia and asked him about Neal and he said And I quote "Neal will be a future 1st liner for the Stars"

Go Stars Go

Old
09-26-2005, 09:34 AM
Ajacied
Remember #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goal Mouth Scramble
Neal is probably a top five propsect in Dallas. He will be solid NHL player. Neal just turned 17 and missed being in the 2006 draft by two weeks. And if that happened he would have gone in the top five of the draft.

I had the opportunity to speak with a scout from the Av's organization in Sarnia and asked him about Neal and he said And I quote "Neal will be a future 1st liner for the Stars"

Go Stars Go
Thanks for your input, but Neal's description reminsd me a lot of a BJ Crombeen or even a Mattias Tjarnqvist. Hard working, physical grinder with some offensive upside. I really have no moer expectations for him than a 3rd liner but we'll see I guess..

Keep us posted.

Old
09-28-2005, 08:31 AM
limasbravo

Send a message via MSN to limasbravo
Quote:
3. (NR) (NR) Matt Niskanen, D - 18 (2005 Draft Pick, 28th overall)

Matt Niskanen, the Stars first pick in the 2005 entry draft, debuts at No. 3. A defenseman from Minnesota high school Virginia/Mountain Iron-Buhl, he was instrumental in the Blue Devils success, helping them to the Class A state tournament. He was a Mr. Hockey finalist, named to the AP All-State first team, and was a member of the 2003 US U-18 Select team.
I'll get to see him play a lot this season at UMD. Everyone seems to be very high on him, but the highschool games I saw him he looked pretty average. Granted I only saw him for a handful of games. If he's this high on the list, UMD offered him a Division I ride, and he was a "Mr. Hockey" finalist, he must be good and the games I saw him in must have been an abberation.

I'll try and remember to give updates here on him.

Last edited by limasbravo: 09-28-2005 at 08:38 AM.
Old
09-29-2005, 03:25 PM
naihlflames

Quote:
Originally Posted by starshockeyfan56
I dont really understand why Miettinen is where he is, especially after how he's played this preseason.

I think Shawn Belle is too high for the way he's been playing. Not to say that he hasn't been playing well, but consistency appears to be a problem right now.

Jokinen and miettinen should be 2 and 3 in my opinion
In general, I think the Euro's were uunderrated on this list. I agree that Jokinen and Miettinen should be higher. Does anyone think Polak is still the #17 prospect? He's got skill and a high upside. Sometimes, I think some of the non North American prospects get dinged in the so called ratings because they are not visible in the CHL leagues or AHL. At the same time, I agree it's hard to rate what you don't see. Now that we are seeing Polak, his stock should raise much higher than #17.

Old
09-29-2005, 04:10 PM
Starsdude

True about Euros but anyone that was paying attention last season saw Miettinen at close to a point a game after returning from his shoulder injury in the AHl. Question with Miets is his health not ability. Do not know who runs the page but may be as simple as they do not know the prospects well. That said all overage Euros are undervalued at HF. Potential over production I guess

Old
09-29-2005, 05:37 PM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

Quote:

I don't think you'll have to worry. Doesn't sound like Jokinen and Miettinen will be "prospects" much longer.

Old
09-29-2005, 05:58 PM
Dr GLU

Polak has a lot of ability, but he was invisible in the Czech Extraliga for two straight years after a solid rookie campaign, and he didn't make the Czech WJC team on his final go around either. Both were major knocks against him, so he fell hard in most rankings, and for good reason.

Old
12-04-2005, 03:05 PM
Twist and Shout

Still think my boy Perttu is too high on the list?

Closed Thread