HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Kings Need Something...

Old
12-11-2011, 05:00 PM
AStammer7*

vCash: 500
Kings Need Something...

If the current Kings can't right this ship then maybe Lombardi lets whomever become UFA's and looks another route. First if I was the GM I'd bring back Moller and Holloway,then I'd promote some players from Manchester and lastly though I might go this route first I'd be scouting Europe for some established players. One player that I think could help is young,big RW/LW Kirill Petrov he of Ak Bars Kazan. He would fit nicely with Kopitar because he can score. And because he doesn't belong to the Islanders(draft rights expired) he an unrestricted free agent. All it would take is some American Dollars to sway the club.

PS After I let the UFA's walk I be trading some veteran D-men(Scuderi, and maybe Doughty) to get some more youth and less flash and dash and crash.(That's in referenece to Dough-boy)7Million my butt...Can you say way-over-paid...

AStammer7* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2011, 05:23 PM
KingPuckChoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by danmaloney27 View Post
If the current Kings can't right this ship then maybe Lombardi lets whomever become UFA's and looks another route. First if I was the GM I'd bring back Moller and Holloway,then I'd promote some players from Manchester and lastly though I might go this route first I'd be scouting Europe for some established players. One player that I think could help is young,big RW/LW Kirill Petrov he of Ak Bars Kazan. He would fit nicely with Kopitar because he can score. And because he doesn't belong to the Islanders(draft rights expired) he an unrestricted free agent. All it would take is some American Dollars to sway the club.

PS After I let the UFA's walk I be trading some veteran D-men(Scuderi, and maybe Doughty) to get some more youth and less flash and dash and crash.(That's in referenece to Dough-boy)7Million my butt...Can you say way-over-paid...
Doughty a veteran d-man...nice

KingPuckChoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2011, 05:29 PM
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?

hands.

KingKopitar11* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2011, 05:41 PM
ZJames

Quote:

Im as frustrated with drew as everyone else, but I wouldnt be willing to trade him yet. It would have to be a pretty big player coming our way to trade drew.

European players might not be a bad idea. Rarrely works out, but u never know when you might find that diamond in the rough

ZJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2011, 05:53 PM
DocWest
2012 & 2014 Champs

It would be insane to trade Doughty at this point. He's still very young and just needs the right motivation to get his game back.

DocWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2011, 06:26 PM
kingsfan28
Viva Los Cucarachas!

The Kings need Tebow!

kingsfan28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2011, 06:28 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan28 View Post
The Kings need Tebow!
Knew this was coming.

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2011, 06:45 PM
Nose of Sutter

Brown needs some skating lessons.

Nose of Sutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2011, 06:51 PM
kingsfan28
Viva Los Cucarachas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
Knew this was coming.
Can't deny the truth.

kingsfan28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2011, 06:51 PM
sjmay*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie to Brownie View Post
Laura Stamm anyone?

sjmay* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2011, 06:52 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie to Brownie View Post
I think he needs more than just that. Maybe a savior.

Ziggy Stardust is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2011, 07:07 PM
Nose of Sutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
I think he needs more than just that. Maybe a savior.
A set of finishing hands maybe too.

Nose of Sutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2011, 07:16 PM
KingPurpleDinosaur
Bandwagon Kings Fan

Quote:
Haha, i know it's been pointed out like 4 times already but the bolded is really awesome. Had to be a part of the choir. "Trade Doughty to get some more youth"

KingPurpleDinosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2011, 07:29 PM
MxK1NGS

Just fire the coach...

MxK1NGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2011, 09:26 PM
FrozenKing18
Top Drawer!

I don't think we need to trade anyone.

FrozenKing18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2011, 10:01 PM
zytz
lumberjack

Hawks fan here- just been curious for awhile now... whats going on with the Kings? What areas are they having trouble in? I'll be totally honest with Kopitar and Richards as the 1-2 down the middle and Quick in net I had the Kings picked to be running away with the West by now. I was checking the standings to see how far ahead MIN had gotten from everyone else, and was shocked to see the Kings where they are.

zytz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2011, 10:08 PM
ZJames

Quote:
Originally Posted by zytz View Post
Hawks fan here- just been curious for awhile now... whats going on with the Kings? What areas are they having trouble in? I'll be totally honest with Kopitar and Richards as the 1-2 down the middle and Quick in net I had the Kings picked to be running away with the West by now. I was checking the standings to see how far ahead MIN had gotten from everyone else, and was shocked to see the Kings where they are.
Lack of offense. And its not a lack of offensive TALENT, thats what the most frustrating thing is. Terry Murray runs the worst offensive system in hockey. Defensively we are one of the best teams in the league, and quick has been amazing. But the problem is that Quick has not had any goal support. If he lets in more than 1 goal, we are going to lose. Its currently been 8 straight games that the kings have failed to score more than 2 goals. I feel that if the kings had a coach who actually believed in offense, the kings would be one of the top teams in the west.

ZJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2011, 11:19 PM
kingsofLA

I would start with a new coach. Carlyle has a proven record with a good defense and golatender. Next, we need a physical dmen to pair with Doughty, someone like O'donnell. I remember in a preseason game Matt Martin took a run at Doughty and immediately O'donnell answer the bell. For that season Doughty played with confidence that if someone is going to take a run at me, my partner is going to run your ass. Doughty has been trying to fight his own fights and running his mouth that he has lost his focus on the offense. And it is not just Doughty fighting his own fights, but Richards and Kopitar is starting to get run at. So, maybe a Gleason or someone like him. I know we have Scuderi, but Gleason provides that physical aspect this team needs. And maybe a 3rd liner that can chuck them to go with Clifford. Maybe this can be filled from within the org, like King or Nolan. Hopefully this can jump start Clifford and be the freakin bull in the china shop.

I might be off, but thats my observation

kingsofLA is offline   Reply With Quote