HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

**** the Flames: Flames 3 Oilers 0

Old
12-12-2011, 01:10 AM
Flames24*

vCash: 500
Lol do you guys realize you are not allowed go give back money under the new CBA? NHLPA will not allow it.

Flames24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2011, 01:14 AM
t0psh3lfclu7ch
Real Men Have Scars

Send a message via ICQ to t0psh3lfclu7ch
the teams just fatigued. it happens. especially when the fourth line doesnt see much ice. even more so especially when the second line are old. renney needs to conserve energy more in his players. anyone remember when oates came here and taught stoll and horcs how to win faceoffs. more importantly he taught them how to conserve energy.

t0psh3lfclu7ch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2011, 01:28 AM
Flames24*

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0psh3lfclu7ch View Post
the teams just fatigued. it happens. especially when the fourth line doesnt see much ice. even more so especially when the second line are old. renney needs to conserve energy more in his players. anyone remember when oates came here and taught stoll and horcs how to win faceoffs. more importantly he taught them how to conserve energy.
Flames have won 17 out of the last 19 games. Much more than "fatigue"

Flames24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2011, 01:35 AM
I am the Liquor

vCash: 8345
Quote:
Originally Posted by Regehrfan24 View Post
Have you got your playoff tickets already?

I am the Liquor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2011, 01:49 AM
cheesed-off*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy35 View Post
I know PRV I read most of your posts, its seems that you , me and Beerfish to name a few are on the same page on this topic

And that page shall henceforth be known as "The Page...of Wrongness".

cheesed-off* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2011, 01:51 AM
cheesed-off*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regehrfan24 View Post
Your team should deffinitely go for a playoff spot. The cupboard is chockfull with prospects, led by that guy from Switzerland.

cheesed-off* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2011, 03:04 PM
Dabomb

How is it fair that all our games against Calgary have been on back to back nights? Not trying to make excuses.. but....

Our scheduling so far this year has seem pretty brutal to say the least. An easy slow October to begin with.. then followed by an extremely hard November. Hopefully the teams lacklustre play recently can be partly contributed to scheduling.

Dabomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2011, 03:09 PM
I am the Liquor

vCash: 8345
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabomb View Post
How is it fair that all our games against Calgary have been on back to back nights? Not trying to make excuses.. but....

Our scheduling so far this year has seem pretty brutal to say the least. An easy slow October to begin with.. then followed by an extremely hard November. Hopefully the teams lacklustre play recently can be partly contributed to scheduling.
We just went 2-3-1 on our six game home stand. We book ended our most complete game of the year against the Avs with two of our worst no shows of the year against the Jackets and the Flames.

Scheduling has nothing to do with it.

We got shut down by an older, bigger, stronger team. Again.

That can be attributed primarily to coaching, and Renney's refusal to utilize the little bit of toughness and grit that management provided for him to use specifically for games like this.

I am the Liquor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2011, 03:20 PM
Dabomb

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
We just went 2-3-1 on our six game home stand. We book ended our most complete game of the year against the Avs with two of our worst no shows of the year against the Jackets and the Flames.

Scheduling has nothing to do with it.

We got shut down by an older, bigger, stronger team. Again.

That can be attributed primarily to coaching, and Renney's refusal to utilize the little bit of toughness and grit that management provided for him to use specifically for games like this.
I agree.. the Oilers are usually notoriously bad against bigger veteran defensive clubs like Calgary and Minnesota. Its pretty frustrating watching them continually lose to these types of teams.

But then that very long road trip from hell in November hasn't helped matters much either. I think i've come to accept the fact that this season will continue to be full of ups and downs.. times where this team looks all world one night and then like a 30th place team the next.

Dabomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2011, 08:14 PM
harpoon
FOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabomb View Post
How is it fair that all our games against Calgary have been on back to back nights? Not trying to make excuses.. but.....
For once the homers at CP are right .
Lets stop whining about the schedule when twice on this homestand we had games against teams who were playing the night after a game in Calgary .

harpoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2011, 08:15 PM
Chef10

Terrible game, not worth watching that is forsure! not fair for all the hate on Hemsky because it looked like the whole team played terrible tonight. Our great start got our hopes up and now things are coming back in to reality and that this team is still learning and not ready for the playoffs

Chef10 is offline   Reply With Quote