HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Here are my thoughts

Closed Thread

Old
12-04-2005, 12:38 PM
Kearney

vCash: 500
Here are my thoughts

In my opinion we shouldn't panic, in fact I'd like to see an idea implemented and then patiently followed for 5-6 games.

I'd like to see a line comprised of the old guys (Luc-Roenick-Army) and a line of the rooks (Brown-Cammy-Tambellini). Obviously keep FCD and Avery-EB-Cowan/TK together as the 1st & 4th lines.

And then let this team show what it can do. Stop the 'situational coaching'. Hell, stop coaching all together. Stop trying to turn Brown into a grinder and Cam into a wing.

Let them play for a couple of weeks, maybe a month. Let them play. Even if the kids (or the gents) are -4 for the night. Leave them out there together. Be patient. Stop coaching. Let them show what they can do.

Then, we'll know who should retire and who should be sent down. Or, we might turn into a winning team again.

Old
12-04-2005, 12:43 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kearney
In my opinion we shouldn't panic, in fact I'd like to see an idea implemented and then patiently followed for 5-6 games.

I'd like to see a line comprised of the old guys (Luc-Roenick-Army) and a line of the rooks (Brown-Cammy-Tambellini). Obviously keep FCD and Avery-EB-Cowan/TK together as the 1st & 4th lines.

And then let this team show what it can do. Stop the 'situational coaching'. Hell, stop coaching all together. Stop trying to turn Brown into a grinder and Cam into a wing.

Let them play for a couple of weeks, maybe a month. Let them play. Even if the kids (or the gents) are -4 for the night. Leave them out there together. Be patient. Stop coaching. Let them show what they can do.

Then, we'll know who should retire and who should be sent down. Or, we might turn into a winning team again.
The problem with that idea is that AM will never do that. And even if he did, we could slide far far out of a playoff position.

Old
12-04-2005, 12:57 PM
Haik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45
The problem with that idea is that AM will never do that. And even if he did, we could slide far far out of a playoff position.
Ya we might lose 4 straight

Old
12-04-2005, 12:58 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haik
Ya we might lose 4 straight
No, I'm thinking more like 11+.

Old
12-04-2005, 05:40 PM
Osprey

Quote:
I'd like to see a line comprised of the old guys (Luc-Roenick-Army) and a line of the rooks (Brown-Cammy-Tambellini).
That (with the exception of Tambellini) was tried for a couple games and it was an awful experiment, don't you remember? Everyone raise their hand who liked the century line? ... See what I mean? Granted, you're suggesting keeping them that way for weeks, rather than two games, but I just can't see them getting better, ditto with a rookie line.
Quote:
I definitely agree with this, though. The players are being stifled by the system. I said the same for JR yesterday that you just did for Brown and Cammalleri, and I agree that all three could be much better if they were given more rope. It's a little early, but AM is seemingly hurting Brown, rather than developing him. I can only hope that he's let go before it's too late for Dustin.

Last edited by Osprey: 12-04-2005 at 05:46 PM.
Old
12-04-2005, 06:48 PM
Captain Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprey
I definitely agree with this, though. The players are being stifled by the system. I said the same for JR yesterday that you just did for Brown and Cammalleri, and I agree that all three could be much better if they were given more rope. It's a little early, but AM is seemingly hurting Brown, rather than developing him. I can only hope that he's let go before it's too late for Dustin.
As you know Osprey ....... you and I do not agree on too much when it comes to the Kings. But I definitely think you have this one spot on. Andy Murray's system does not seem appropriate to the player personel on this team. I believe the team needs to find a coach that takes advantage of the skill level that the Kings have. Murray's system seems more geared towards a team with a bunch of Avery/Lappi type players. This is not that team.

Closed Thread