HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Notes from Bergen Record Rangers Article

Old
12-12-2011, 01:55 PM
chip chipperson*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
The Rangers have lost, what, 3 of the last 17 games and you're questioning the coach and a minor roster decision? EC was probably in because he hasn't played in such a long time and Avery is the obvious choice to sit for a game. Plus, the team did win 6-1.
christensen should have been let go a long time ago. avery deserves to be playing, not scratched for of all people eric christensen. and as someone said earlier, we could have scratched gaborik and won 6-1.

Last edited by chip chipperson*: 12-12-2011 at 02:00 PM.
chip chipperson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2011, 01:58 PM
chip chipperson*

Quote:
People should be less concerned with Avery's ice time and more concerned that we're off to our best start in 20 years. Can't make this stuff up.
you are making this up. avery fans dont hate the rangers and only like sean avery.

Old
12-12-2011, 02:03 PM
chip chipperson*

anybody that calls avery fans a cult and cant understand why people like him, there is also a cult of haters. while we "salivate" over him other people can equally not stand him and for every supporting post for avery there is one from a hater. lets not act like you haters dont "waste posts" on the guy either.

Old
12-12-2011, 02:04 PM
Grumpy Humphrey

Quote:
Originally Posted by chip chipperson View Post
you are making this up. avery fans dont hate the rangers and only like sean avery.
You should go dig up the thread from when he was sent down at the beginning of the year and check out the number of people who said things like "I hope the Isles get him and he destroys us every time we play them."

Some people absolutely have loyalty to Avery first and the team second, for some reason.

Grumpy Humphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2011, 02:11 PM
haohmaru
#bdwyblueshirts

Quote:
You're missing the point. Rangers fans should be happy that the team is off to its best start in 20 years and focus less on Avery and his ice time and if he's a healthy scratch or not. The team is winning and playing well. Trust the coach. If EC needs to get into the lineup because the coach thought it might be a close game (reasonable, considering Florida's record) and end up in a shoot out isn't really something that can be debated. There was nothing wrong with this move.

haohmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2011, 02:19 PM
mti79

Against my better judgment, I'm going to post...

I don't think it's going to make much of a difference down the line as when Rupp and Wolski come back, they'll both probably be inserted into the lineup. Who are those at risk of losing their positions? Avery, EC, Hagelin and Mitchell. I think you send down Mitchell, but Hagelin has looked like he belongs so that's a tougher decision. If they keep Hags up, then it's Avery, EC and Mitchell who are out. Mitchell back to CT and possibly Avery being waived again as EC is a cheaper option as the 13th forward.

Anisimov-Stepan-Gaborik
Wolski-Richards-Callahan
Rupp-Dubinsky-Hagelin
Fedotenko-Boyle-Prust

Just a guess though.

mti79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2011, 02:20 PM
frankthefrowner

I think we all love Avery in some way.. but he is a 4th liner on this team he is going to be in and out of the lineup like all the other 4 liners in history.

frankthefrowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2011, 02:44 PM
chip chipperson*

Quote:
You're missing the point. Rangers fans should be happy that the team is off to its best start in 20 years and focus less on Avery and his ice time and if he's a healthy scratch or not. The team is winning and playing well. Trust the coach. If EC needs to get into the lineup because the coach thought it might be a close game (reasonable, considering Florida's record) and end up in a shoot out isn't really something that can be debated. There was nothing wrong with this move.
imo there is something wrong with this move, and im not all up in arms about it because the team is winning. but i just cant understand how avery played well then his minutes got shredded to nothing. its not impossible to be both happy for the success but also wish avery got a consistant shift.

Old
12-12-2011, 02:45 PM
chip chipperson*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billionaire Bot View Post
You should go dig up the thread from when he was sent down at the beginning of the year and check out the number of people who said things like "I hope the Isles get him and he destroys us every time we play them."

Some people absolutely have loyalty to Avery first and the team second, for some reason.
yes that is dumb, but do you really think that speaks for all his fans? if avery cant play here i would still be a fan of his but i dont want him destroying the rangers.

Old
12-12-2011, 02:49 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
christensen should have been let go a long time ago. avery deserves to be playing, not scratched for of all people eric christensen.
Oh, the trials and tribulations of 2 guys fighting for the last roster spot.

Tortorella described it perfectly - Avery's play has "leveled off" as of late. And when you've got a guy that doesnt play on special teams, doesnt score enough to get a regular shift when the team is down, and isn't trusted by the coaching staff enough defensively to get a regular shift with a lead - its pretty simple to understand why hes in and out of the lineup. Unless, of course, you think Avery deserves more ice-time and to play in the situations listed above. Some people legitimately think that...it makes them look unknowledgable and like an absurd Avery fanboy, but they do believe it.

Erik Christensen and Sean Avery are both rather inconsiquential parts to whats looking like a good team. But hey, someone has to fill the 12th forward spot. Christensen has two pros going for him considering he plays center and, more importantly, is lights out in the shootout. Don't think Avery has such tangible redeeming qualities.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2011, 03:35 PM
chip chipperson*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Oh, the trials and tribulations of 2 guys fighting for the last roster spot.

Tortorella described it perfectly - Avery's play has "leveled off" as of late. And when you've got a guy that doesnt play on special teams, doesnt score enough to get a regular shift when the team is down, and isn't trusted by the coaching staff enough defensively to get a regular shift with a lead - its pretty simple to understand why hes in and out of the lineup. Unless, of course, you think Avery deserves more ice-time and to play in the situations listed above. Some people legitimately think that...it makes them look unknowledgable and like an absurd Avery fanboy, but they do believe it.

Erik Christensen and Sean Avery are both rather inconsiquential parts to whats looking like a good team. But hey, someone has to fill the 12th forward spot. Christensen has two pros going for him considering he plays center and, more importantly, is lights out in the shootout. Don't think Avery has such tangible redeeming qualities.
really the only thing christansen has going for him is the shootout. and to be honest im not a fan of putting a guy in the lineup just for the shootout when we have hank in net, whether the guy is in for avery or anybody else. just my opinion.

no avery is not great defensively, i've never argued that he is. and no i wouldn't put him on the powerplay. he is what he is, i just think he has played well when he does get a regular even strength shift. and by well, i mean no offsides, no penalties, forchecking and lets be honest he is shooting better. i know that he will be back at some point and like i said, the team is winning so im really not too bothered by this. the only aspect i dont like is that he was scratched for christensen.

Old
12-12-2011, 04:14 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
really the only thing christansen has going for him is the shootout. and to be honest im not a fan of putting a guy in the lineup just for the shootout when we have hank in net, whether the guy is in for avery or anybody else. just my opinion.

no avery is not great defensively, i've never argued that he is. and no i wouldn't put him on the powerplay. he is what he is, i just think he has played well when he does get a regular even strength shift. and by well, i mean no offsides, no penalties, forchecking and lets be honest he is shooting better. i know that he will be back at some point and like i said, the team is winning so im really not too bothered by this. the only aspect i dont like is that he was scratched for christensen.
Fair enough.

Ill respectfully disagree with the shootout considering, no matter how great Hank is, the team actually needs a guy to put the puck in the net to win the skills competition.

With regards to Avery, look at the accolades you are giving him (no penalties, forechecks, and best of all, hes been managing to stay onsides!). Are these really special? Are these things that other players cant do? Players that dont make almost $2M and have a helluva lot less baggage?

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2011, 07:53 PM
chip chipperson*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Fair enough.

Ill respectfully disagree with the shootout considering, no matter how great Hank is, the team actually needs a guy to put the puck in the net to win the skills competition.

With regards to Avery, look at the accolades you are giving him (no penalties, forechecks, and best of all, hes been managing to stay onsides!). Are these really special? Are these things that other players cant do? Players that dont make almost $2M and have a helluva lot less baggage?
the only sort of baggage avery has is torts thats it. hes not a distraction and hasn't done anything wwe worthy for a while. his accolades should be considered special considering how much he was killed for that type of stuff over the off season.