HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Only 1 game but

Closed Thread

Old
12-04-2005, 02:48 PM
Dagoon44

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Dagoon44 Send a message via Yahoo to Dagoon44
Only 1 game but

I was very happy with Colton Orr's play. He hit and had 2 shots on net and most important he back checked hard. Anyone happy besides me. The team was flat but the MOO line played well.

Old
12-04-2005, 02:50 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoon44
I was very happy with Colton Orr's play. He hit and had 2 shots on net and most important he back checked hard. Anyone happy besides me. The team was flat but the MOO line played well.
I totaly disagree but it was only one game.

Old
12-04-2005, 02:53 PM
abev
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
I am afraid that a power-that-be will say that Orr changed the dynamic of last nights game and somehow blame, in part, the addition of Orr and the subtraction of Hollywood, as a factor to the loss.

I'd like to see him (Orr) again, but I am not sure there's anyone that I would want to be scratched healthy. (on second thought maybe Marcel)

Old
12-04-2005, 03:42 PM
Dagoon44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner
I totaly disagree but it was only one game.
Son, what did you not like? He is no Ryan and i agree on that but what did he do not to like?

Old
12-04-2005, 03:47 PM
shoothepuck

He did have two shots on goal, he did have a few hits, he back checked, and skated better than I expected. He took a dumb penalty, helped along by the Cap player, but I still wouldn't scratch a regular Ranger to let him play.

Old
12-04-2005, 05:15 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
Son, what did you not like? He is no Ryan and i agree on that but what did he do not to like?
He didn't seem like he could keep up with Moore and Ortmeyer. I would love to see him get a few games in a row to really see what he is.

Old
12-04-2005, 05:27 PM
FLYLine24*

I'd rather have Hossa play then him judging on that first game.

Old
12-04-2005, 05:28 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88
It depends on who the Rangers are playing. They both don't add scoring and Orr adds toughness that Hossa doesn't. The Rangers should find away againts all Atlantic teams to put Orr in the lineup.

Old
12-04-2005, 05:35 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Hollweg really needs to get back into the lineup (as soon as he's healthy). He really provides needed energy and does it with limited ice time. I didn't see any spark in Orr's play and without it, there is very little reason to have him in the lineup. As it stands, I would be upset if Orr got a chance over any of the players currently in the lineup.

Old
12-04-2005, 05:41 PM
eco's bones

He's not as quick or as fast as Hollweg nor is he that skilled in handling the puck. Ryan is the better player. He didn't play bad but his linemates Moore especially were amongst a handful (Prucha among them) that showed up.

Old
12-04-2005, 05:57 PM
Dagoon44

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88
Well by that thinking i would want Holt over Hank sstupid line of thinking

Old
12-04-2005, 06:57 PM
Firefly

Send a message via AIM to Firefly Send a message via Skype™ to Firefly
I'm not sure why anyone would want to use last night's game as THE test for Orr. With the exception of 2 or 3 guys, the entire team was flat, we stunk up the MCI center with our play.

Orr hit everyone he could, had a few shots on goal, and generally did not look like a liability out there. Took one penalty on a lame call by the refs, and was trying to get into a fight to fire us up but couldn't find anyone to dance (Witt = ). He may not have been able to keep up with the speedier Moore and Orts, that's my only gripe.

And why is it assumed Hollweg would have changed the entire game with his presence? I love the guy and all, love his physical play. But seriously, stop kidding yourselves, we sucked and the Caps were great, Hollweg could not have changed that.

Old
12-04-2005, 10:34 PM
True Blue

Unless his skating improves drastically, he will never be more than a 4th liner. To me, he is someone that while Rucinsky is hurt, you can bench Hossa for if going against a team like the Isles or Philly.
He did not hurt the team. Score would not have been different if it were him or Hollweg had played. But Hollweg's presence was noticeably missing.

Closed Thread