HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

re: Oilers and Comrie

Closed Thread

Old
11-03-2003, 02:04 PM
WFHACommish

vCash: 500
re: Oilers and Comrie

After reading numerous comments on this board, I have decided to put in my two cents.

Have comrie sit out even if the Oilers become bottom dwellers. For me, I would rather have the Oilers become bottom dwellers and not trade Comrie (unless it is an Eric Lindros-Clarke deal) this year. Why you say? 1) a Comrie deal during a bad streak or when Oilers are slumping will definitely only be a short term fix and not in the long run. 2) Although I think this team still has enough talent to squeeze into the playoffs, if this team trades comrie and we don't make the playoffs, I'd say that was a waste of a trade.

Just my two cents. Make of it as you please.

Old
11-03-2003, 02:21 PM
Mizral

Here's a possible snag in that idea:

What makes you think Comrie's value next year will be any greater? Comrie out of the league for a year, you'd imagine, would be less valuable.. especially if he's still asking for $4 million bucks.

Old
11-03-2003, 02:24 PM
dem

Where the hell is this 4 million dollar number coming from?? Ryan Smyth didnt get 4 million and he could have went to arbitration... theres no way Comrie would be stupid enough to ask for 4 million.

Old
11-03-2003, 02:33 PM
WFHACommish

Quote:
Originally Posted by dem
Where the hell is this 4 million dollar number coming from?? Ryan Smyth didnt get 4 million and he could have went to arbitration... theres no way Comrie would be stupid enough to ask for 4 million.
I'm not saying his value will increase..But then again, you might land another Milbury GM who might overpay for Comrie. Comrie at least has proven he belongs in the NHL scoring 30 goals one season, he still is young. And Lowe not trading him and having him sit out the entire season proves that Lowe is not willing to make a trade unless full value is given.

Old
11-03-2003, 02:41 PM
oildrop

Quote:
Originally Posted by dem
I agree, this number only seems to come from the U.S papers so they definitely have their info wrong. There is no way Comrie and Winter are asking for $4million when Gaborik signed for just over $3million. That figure isn't accurate, IMO, and the dailies just keep using that figure for some weird reason. If Comrie is asking for that, he'll be sitting for a long long long time. I just think that money figure is way off and someone heard wrong.

Old
11-03-2003, 02:44 PM
SeriousBusiness
T.Hall da man

I think the best thing for both sides would be to have Comrie sign with the Oil. We won't get fair value in return if we trade him. He is still young and has plenty of upside. I just wish rich winter and MC would come to their sences instead of playing these games.

Old
11-03-2003, 05:35 PM
WFHACommish

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanryann
I think the best thing for both sides would be to have Comrie sign with the Oil. We won't get fair value in return if we trade him. He is still young and has plenty of upside. I just wish rich winter and MC would come to their sences instead of playing these games.
I agree. I really want Comrie to sign. But I'm afraid he will most likely sit out.

Could you have imagined these lines?

Smyth, comrie, Hemsky
Isbister, york, dvorak
moreau, reasoner, pisani
torres, horcoff, laraque

I know that makes are Centre's small. But we have tons of size on the boards where it counts. Heck, didn't chimera have some chemistry with york?

I'd go with york, chimera and dvorak.

Just another suggestion, Isbister's has won some clean faceoffs and he'd solve our position at C. Put him in between torres and laraque.

Just a little note.

Old
11-03-2003, 06:00 PM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via ICQ to thome_26
Quote:
Originally Posted by WFHACommish
I agree. I really want Comrie to sign. But I'm afraid he will most likely sit out.

Could you have imagined these lines?

Smyth, comrie, Hemsky
Isbister, york, dvorak
moreau, reasoner, pisani
torres, horcoff, laraque

I know that makes are Centre's small. But we have tons of size on the boards where it counts. Heck, didn't chimera have some chemistry with york?

I'd go with york, chimera and dvorak.

Just another suggestion, Isbister's has won some clean faceoffs and he'd solve our position at C. Put him in between torres and laraque.

Just a little note.
Chimera has earned a sit in the PB. Izzy has had two good games in a row. We tried the York-Chimera-Dvorak thing already, and they didnt' do much as Chimmer was dead-weight. Torres is MUCH better there

Closed Thread