HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Dec. 20 update: Giroux (concussion) could return Dec. 21; medically cleared to play

Old
12-12-2011, 07:34 PM
JohnnyOnTheSpot
I Believe in G-Sus

vCash: 500
This thread is full of chicken littles. I understand that viruses turned into concussions, but look at the injury: his neck did most of the movement. They're sitting him out and being cautious, second impact syndrome is a big deal and is really coming to fruition as a real big problem (no I'm not pulling this out of my anus, I worked with a shaken baby case and had to learn all this crap).

To me, this is where it stands: they're freaked out because it involved his head, and are going to test him like crazy just in case they missed something, because a second hit could trigger a huge problem (see: Simon Gagne). As of now they're being careful not to ignore it and just let him out there to hurt himself again, so they're playing it super cautious. My money's on a neck injury. Chill the hell out, if he misses 3 months, then we know we were lied to again. But my guess is they're nervous as hell and want 100% proof it's not a concussion.

JohnnyOnTheSpot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2011, 10:54 PM
decadentia

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyOnTheSpot View Post
This thread is full of chicken littles. I understand that viruses turned into concussions, but look at the injury: his neck did most of the movement. They're sitting him out and being cautious, second impact syndrome is a big deal and is really coming to fruition as a real big problem (no I'm not pulling this out of my anus, I worked with a shaken baby case and had to learn all this crap).

To me, this is where it stands: they're freaked out because it involved his head, and are going to test him like crazy just in case they missed something, because a second hit could trigger a huge problem (see: Simon Gagne). As of now they're being careful not to ignore it and just let him out there to hurt himself again, so they're playing it super cautious. My money's on a neck injury. Chill the hell out, if he misses 3 months, then we know we were lied to again. But my guess is they're nervous as hell and want 100% proof it's not a concussion.
The head is connected to the neck last time I checked.

Not to mention, he took a flying knee to the head. Everyone who shows concern here has a valid reason to.

As for the bolded, I don't see how that's comforting in the least, it's kind of what a lot of people expect (at least at the lied to part).

decadentia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2011, 10:59 PM
Jtown

vCash: 539
Quote:
Originally Posted by decadentia View Post

Not to mention, he took a flying knee to the head. Everyone who shows concern here has a valid reason to.

As for the bolded, I don't see how that's comforting in the least, it's kind of what a lot of people expect (at least at the lied to part).
The neck is also connected to the spine which is connected to the pelvis which is connected to the femur which is conected to the knee or patella..... it all makes sense now. Its all connected.

Jtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2011, 11:02 PM
decadentia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtown View Post
The neck is also connected to the spine which is connected to the pelvis which is connected to the femur which is conected to the knee or patella..... it all makes sense now. Its all connected.
If your neck jerks suddenly and your knee is following it, you sir have a worse problem than Giroux.

As for the pelvis and neck jerking, I think that would require a few less ribs.

Old
12-12-2011, 11:05 PM
Jtown

Quote:
If your neck jerks suddenly and your knee is following it, you sir have a worse problem than Giroux.

As for the pelvis and neck jerking, I think that would require a few less ribs.

Immune system leads to knee surgery leads to concussion all makes sense.

Old
12-12-2011, 11:07 PM
decadentia

Quote:
Immune system leads to knee surgery leads to concussion all makes sense.
I've only studied actual physics, those would be Pronger physics...which are a bit out of my league.

Quote:
It is obvious that during a whiplash event that, in addition to the soft-tissue neck injuries that there could be direct contact of the head on an unforgiving surface. A blow to the head can produce jarring, shaking, or excessive movement of the brain inside the skull. This would be a logical circumstance in which concussion could occur. But what about situations in which there is whiplash yet there is no direct contact of the head on any surface? The high velocity movement of the head during a whiplash event alone could produce the same effects.
http://www.healthhype.com/whiplash-and-concussions.html

Though in this case, there was a blow to the head as well, it wasn't just the neck moving.

Old
12-12-2011, 11:08 PM
Jtown

Quote:
I've only studied actual physics, those would be Pronger physics...which are a bit out of my league.
Pronger physics is really a nickname for the god particle.

Old
12-13-2011, 12:56 AM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

vCash: 156
LHC is close to discovering the Higgs Boson; Pronger becomes concussed and Giroux is doubtful.

This is no coincidence.

12-13-2011, 01:54 AM
Jtown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
LHC is close to discovering the Higgs Boson; Pronger becomes concussed and Giroux is doubtful.

This is no coincidence.
I read that by not discovering the Higgs, it would lead to an even greater mystery of the universe. Calculations and everything predict it exists, and if it doesnt thta will freak out some physicists for sure. Tomorrow is the day apparently should be quite monumental

Old
12-13-2011, 03:12 AM
PALE PWNR

vCash: 1050
Quote:

This is no coincidence.
Soon the borg will come along and turn Pronger half cyborg!

Or did they already without our knowledge?!

PALE PWNR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 07:50 AM
BernieParent

Quote:

This is no coincidence.
Well, it is true that the particles that were reported to have exceeded the speed of light were Giroux one-timers.

BernieParent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 07:59 AM
DUHockey9

Guys, I figured it out and the injuries are all my fault.

I always use Flyers for my passwords at work, and I was using Schenn and I believe it coincided with the broken foot. He came back and then got the concussion. Last week I had to change it and I went to Giroux and look what happened...

DUHockey9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 08:03 AM
Kaktus*

He should be out for 2-4 weeks depending on severity if not longer. Who knows maybe he has whiplash now and concussion later. It won’t surprise me.

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 08:14 AM
Krishna

vCash: 50
Blame DUHockey9 for Giroux getting hurt. Please keep your password as Lilja though

Krishna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 08:32 AM
Krishna

Come back soon

Old
12-13-2011, 10:05 AM
JohnnyOnTheSpot
I Believe in G-Sus

Quote:

Classic HF rebuttal. Look, the NECK suffered the brunt of the injury due to the whipping. Know why it whipped? So the head didn't suffer such a great impact! You typically see head injuries arising from smoking the dude's head into the glass (which has very little give), or an elbow/shoulder going backwards (where the head doesn't have as much range to move). You can argue it any way you want, and yea of course his head could be injured, but it's not guaranteed that he's concussed and they're hiding it from us. It very well could be, and in my view is most likely, that his neck is just a little tweaked and he'll be fine.

JohnnyOnTheSpot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 10:40 AM
JVR21
G

Quote:
DEC - 13
11:31 a.m.
Flyers GM Paul Holmgren updates the status of Claude Giroux:

"Claude reported not feeling very good today. Over the past few days, his symptoms have gradually gotten worse. He will be out indefinitely with a concussion"
http://www.the700level.com/12/13/11/...14&feedID=8976

Where are all the guys who believed Homer wouldn't completely ******** us on this one now?

Last edited by MiamiScreamingEagles: 12-13-2011 at 10:53 AM.
JVR21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 10:41 AM
Krishna

officially out with a concussion now

Old
12-13-2011, 10:44 AM
JVR21
G

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyOnTheSpot View Post
Classic HF rebuttal. Look, the NECK suffered the brunt of the injury due to the whipping. Know why it whipped? So the head didn't suffer such a great impact! You typically see head injuries arising from smoking the dude's head into the glass (which has very little give), or an elbow/shoulder going backwards (where the head doesn't have as much range to move). You can argue it any way you want, and yea of course his head could be injured, but it's not guaranteed that he's concussed and they're hiding it from us. It very well could be, and in my view is most likely, that his neck is just a little tweaked and he'll be fine.
Good calls, bros. Lesson: never believe what Homer tells the media/public.

JVR21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 10:45 AM
Gibbs18

****kk this sucks. hope hes not out too long.

Gibbs18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 10:49 AM
Krishna

Giroux used to be an ice hockey player, then he took a knee in the head

Old
12-13-2011, 10:49 AM
livewell68

Why do the Flyers organization or any other organization for that matter always hide injuries in the beginning?

Take Crosby for instance, or even Reimer with the Leafs earlier this year.

Now we have Pronger (first it's a virus, then it's concussion like symptoms) and now Giroux?

I mean come on.

livewell68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 10:54 AM
livewell68

From: http://www.buzzonbroad.com/2011/12/c...oncussion.html

Quote:
The Flyers announced today that Claude Giroux does indeed have a concussion.

Here is what Paul Holmgren said.

"Claude reported not feeling very good today. Over the past few days, his symptoms have gradually gotten worse. He will be out indefinitely with a concussion"
Not good, not good at all.

livewell68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 10:54 AM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 1425
http://www.the700level.com/12/13/11/...14&feedID=8976

Quote:
"Claude reported not feeling very good today. Over the past few days, his symptoms have gradually gotten worse. He will be out indefinitely with a concussion," Paul Holmgren said.
http://flyers.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=64095

Quote:
DEC - 13
11:31 a.m.
Flyers GM Paul Holmgren updates the status of Claude Giroux:

MiamiScreamingEagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 10:55 AM
Krishna

Didn't he just say yesterday that he was doing better?