HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

NHL Network On The Fly on the Murray Firing-video

Old
12-12-2011, 09:22 PM
kingsfan28
Viva Los Cucarachas!

vCash: 500
NHL Network On The Fly on the Murray Firing-video

kingsfan28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2011, 09:29 PM
Shellz

Who are the other two dwarfs?

Thanks for uploading.

Shellz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2011, 09:31 PM
FrozenKing18
Top Drawer!

This Craig Button guy........

FrozenKing18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2011, 09:33 PM
damacles1156

Truth Hurts.

The Kings are not a very good team (Right Now).

damacles1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2011, 09:35 PM
Shellz

Quote:
Originally Posted by damacles1156 View Post
Truth Hurts.

The Kings are not a very good team (Right Now).
I think everybody knows that. But,that guy obviously lacks common sense

Shellz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2011, 09:37 PM
Scottkmlps

The problems with the offense were there before Richards went down. It was just magnified without him in the line up.

Scottkmlps is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2011, 09:40 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

vCash: 2200
Big difference between a bad team and a team that's playing bad.

We're far from a bad team.

The Black1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2011, 09:42 PM
Chazz Reinhold

Quote:
Originally Posted by RH63 View Post

100% agreed. Anyone who thinks the Kings are playing to their absolute potential right now is out to lunch and they're never coming back.

Chazz Reinhold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2011, 09:42 PM
Scottkmlps

Quote:

Exactly this.

Scottkmlps is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2011, 09:48 PM
kingsfan28
Viva Los Cucarachas!

I get the sense when I hear Button talk, there's a bitterness to his voice when it comes to the Kings. I'm mean, he really didn't hold back with his comments, almost to the point of "I would have built a better team" kind of attitude.

kingsfan28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2011, 10:13 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

I am typically at least realistically aware of our shortcomings but listening to these yammering heads spew out their trite and hackneyed pablum makes me thank my lucky stars that we didn't hire that waste of human breath that little mr buttons is and his counterparts talk like they were unaware that there was even a team in Los Angeles until TM's firing came across their board.

Total crap and anyone who thinks that Button isn't still bitter over being passed over for the job in L.A. only needs to listen to his ridiculous garbage to change their minds.

"You can keep changing coaches but in the end you are what you are".

Here is another peach from these yabo's from a year ago. (Button) " Drew Doughty has proven himself to be one of the best defencemen in the game today".

Countered today with "you mean to tell me that your gonna pin your hopes on defencemen who are 20 years old and expect great results?"

Total idiot.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2011, 10:49 PM
tomd

Quote:

The Kings are an average team and their record right now is an accurate reflection of that. The commentators were exactly on point.

tomd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2011, 10:55 PM
ZJames

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomd View Post
The Kings are an average team and their record right now is an accurate reflection of that. The commentators were exactly on point.
Unfortunately you are right. But i really believe that this team is only a good offensive system and a good third line away from being a top notch team.

ZJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2011, 11:00 PM
KingPurpleDinosaur
Bandwagon Kings Fan

I am really starting to think we may have been overrating our players. He's right, your best player goes down and that's not an excuse for not winning. Our forwards are basically crap right now and it's really hard seeing who is really crap and who's just not playing to potential.

KingPurpleDinosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2011, 11:14 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Really?

I think we addressed the problem today. TM with his fetish for constant line changing equals no ability to build any chemistry with your line mates for one and look at TM's lack of understanding or instinct on who should be playing where or with whom?

Lewis scratched for as long as he was in favor of lesser talent meh! The list goes on and on and on of TM's desperate juggling.

Dangle DD JJ VV AM WM MG RS around and see how quickly NHL GM's jump on them.

Our own bottom 6ers are good enough and then look at our top 6ers. Are they good enough? Is Kopitar "over rated"? Really? Is MR over rated? are JW and SG "over rated"? How so?

We are a team loaded with talent who only needs the right coach to run a BALANCED attack/D system we are right there with the top teams in the league.

Old
12-12-2011, 11:14 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

Quote:
No, we're a good team that has played average overall. And, no, it's not because of Richards injury. We were playing sub par hockey even with Richards.

Heck, even Button has said that Murray had lost control of his team. A team may have talent but when it's fragmented like we had been, it's going to show on the ice and in the standings.

As I've said before, we have the right players. Now it's up to Stevens to play and coach them to their potential.

Old
12-12-2011, 11:22 PM
BringTheReign

I agree with his comments about our forwards, but gaps on defense? Please, our defense is the only reason we're not all wearing brown paper bags on our heads.

BringTheReign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2011, 11:24 PM
CTKingsFan
6/11/12 & 6/13/14

It's not the players it's was the system. I think the proof is in the pudding so to speak. Guys like Penner, Williams, Gagne, and Brown are able to score 25-30 goals! They've proven in the past and are still able.

Just look at the players who've left the system in the past 3 years. Matt Moulson, Teddy Purcell, Ryan Smyth, Wayne Simmonds, Poni have had increased numbers after they left Terry Murray's system.

Moulson has made himself a proven 30 goal scorer on a terrible offensive team.

Smyth is putting up huge numbers which are in part to his young teammates but not completely.

Purcell has put up decent numbers in Tampa Bay

Simmonds is showing more offensive skill in Philly

Poni has already surpassed his goal total from last year on a terrible Hurricanes team!

At this point we can only pray Lombardi see's these numbers as well and goes in a different direction with a new coach!

CTKingsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2011, 11:30 PM
tomd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
Really?

I think we addressed the problem today. TM with his fetish for constant line changing equals no ability to build any chemistry with your line mates for one and look at TM's lack of understanding or instinct on who should be playing where or with whom?

Lewis scratched for as long as he was in favor of lesser talent meh! The list goes on and on and on of TM's desperate juggling.

Dangle DD JJ VV AM WM MG RS around and see how quickly NHL GM's jump on them.

Our own bottom 6ers are good enough and then look at our top 6ers. Are they good enough? Is Kopitar "over rated"? Really? Is MR over rated? are JW and SG "over rated"? How so?

We are a team loaded with talent who only needs the right coach to run a BALANCED attack/D system we are right there with the top teams in the league.
TG - you jumped the shark on this thread. You regularly overrate our prospects but at least it is fun to read. But to say this team is "loaded with talent who only needs the right coach" is absurd. And BTW, who is that right coach? Jesus???

Old
12-12-2011, 11:33 PM
tomd

Quote:
Originally Posted by BringTheReign View Post
I agree with his comments about our forwards, but gaps on defense? Please, our defense is the only reason we're not all wearing brown paper bags on our heads.
The Kings play a defense first system and have a great goaltender. But with Doughty, Johnson, Martinez, and Voynov all playing they do make a LOT of mistakes. Greene hasn't been very impressive either this year.

Quick has made the defense a lot better than it really is. If a new coach opens up the offense, those mistakes will be even more exposed.

Old
12-12-2011, 11:40 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:
TG - you jumped the shark on this thread. You regularly overrate our prospects but at least it is fun to read. But to say this team is "loaded with talent who only needs the right coach" is absurd. And BTW, who is that right coach? Jesus???
I disagree completely with your position in regards to our overall talent.

Is Jesus the right coach? I would say yes but having him would be cheating. Put Jesus in goal and his save percentage would be perfect.

As a coach he would lead us to the cup but I prefer having competition. Lower you bar a little. Moses would be great at leading us to the promised land.

Old
12-12-2011, 11:42 PM
cheap77
Go Kings!

I don't think we have bad players at all. We have a lot of good players. I think the problem was the players in a system that doesn't fit them. I have always felt that the coach needs to adjust to the players, not the players adjust to the coach. I think if we can get a coach that isn't TM2.0 (Sutter) we can really have a good team. The defense and goaltending is set. They really need help from the offense.

cheap77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2011, 11:50 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

There's reason why we were picked as one of the early favorites to win our division and by some to come out of our conference and that's because we're a good team.

I highly doubt that Button had us as an average team in the presason, but now that we're struggling, all of a sudden he's on his pedestal claiming how bad of a team we are.

All you naysayers and ****** bag like Button are doing is just kicking a team while they're down.

Old
12-12-2011, 11:57 PM
tomd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
I disagree completely with your position in regards to our overall talent.

Is Jesus the right coach? I would say yes but having him would be cheating. Put Jesus in goal and his save percentage would be perfect.

As a coach he would lead us to the cup but I prefer having competition. Lower you bar a little. Moses would be great at leading us to the promised land.
So let me get this straight...you are blaming Terry Murray entirely for this team total lack of offense. Correct? Any other answer than "yes" reflects directly back onto the player talent.

Old
12-12-2011, 11:58 PM
tomd

Quote:
There's reason why we were picked as one of the early favorites to win our division and by some to come out of our conference and that's because we're a good team.

I highly doubt that Button had us as an average team in the presason, but now that we're struggling, all of a sudden he's on his pedestal claiming how bad of a team we are.

All you naysayers and ****** bag like Button are doing is just kicking a team while they're down.
There are a precious few of us who have been saying this team is overrated since September...