HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ducks at Predators 12/10 - Highly Questionable

Closed Thread

Old
12-12-2011, 05:47 PM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

vCash: 500
So in the heat of the moment you are less responsible for your actions? I don't buy that, either. When Chris Simon swung his stick at Hollweg was he less responsible for his actions than when Sean Avery pretended like Jagr killed him with a tap? After all, Sean Avery was fully in control of his dive (one of the worst I have ever seen), while Simon was in the heat of the moment when he swung his stick at Hollweg's head (one of the worst things I have ever seen in hockey)

That defense doesn't work very well. What Perry did was at the end of the period. His team was already down. Rinne had not touched him. In fact, he was just of standing in front of the net when he did it. It was no more "in the heat of the moment" than any dive I have seen.

And Hart winner or newly called up AHLer playing 6 minutes on the fourth line as an injury fill-in, it's bad regardless.

edit: there is a video on youtube titled "Corey Perry swear at ref" or something close to that. I can't post it because it bypasses the profanity filter, but it seems to me that he is embellishing at least once, if not twice there. First, he skates into the butt end of Hasek's stick (probably hurt, so I'll cut him some slack), skates away cursing at the ref for not calling a penalty on a play that didn't deserve a penalty, and then stupidly skates right into the back of Chelios. He hit the ice like he was shot

Diving is embarrassing, but it isn't like every player is innocent of embellishing. Every player has done it, and every team has a player that does it more than most. Not every player racks players between the legs with their stick.

Last edited by ThirdManIn: 12-12-2011 at 05:53 PM.
Old
12-12-2011, 05:48 PM
mighty all the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanwormer View Post
were you there? no? then how can you say it wasn't a spear. Hell, I was there and I dunno - I'd say if it was it sure isn't the worst I've ever seen . But McMillan is a P*&^y and proved it. It was a clean hit, and he wasn't man enough to get on with the play or challenge him - he stuck a stick in his gut. That's bush - anyone who ever played learned it from the youngest of ages - you don't use it as a weapon.y

As for Perry - just a couple of shifts before he embellished when he ran into Weber - behind the play he cross-checked someone - I think it was Hornqvist. Weber happened to have been behind the play, saw it, said something to the ref who shrugged.
The reason why he didn't man up and challenge him, is cause they have been told not to retaliate especially against a guy who thrives on getting others to retaliate. He didn't use it as a weapon though was more like "dude, come on" type play. Just cuz I wasn't there doesn't mean anything either. I watched it and I probably even have a better view of it on the tv. I looked up on youtube and I couldn't find the clip of the play. And the replays on NHL.com doesn't show it. If someone has it please share. So we can see it again.

Old
12-12-2011, 05:50 PM
mighty all the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
So in the heat of the moment you are less responsible for your actions? I don't buy that, either. When Chris Simon swung his stick at Hollweg was he less responsible for his actions than when Sean Avery pretended like Jagr killed him with a tap? After all, Sean Avery was fully in control of his dive (one of the worst I have ever seen), while Simon was in the heat of the moment when he swung his stick at Hollweg's head (one of the worst things I have ever seen in hockey)

That defense doesn't work very well. What Perry did was at the end of the period. His team was already down. Rinne had not touched him. In fact, he was just of standing in front of the net when he did it. It was no more "in the heat of the moment" than any dive I have seen.

And Hart winner or newly called up AHLer playing 6 minutes on the fourth line as an injury fill-in, it's bad regardless.
I'm just trying to explain why, for me, why I hate it more.

Old
12-12-2011, 05:52 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by mighty all the way View Post
Yes, that play was very unsportsmanlike. And was embarrassing. For the league MVP to do that, is shameful. I think embellishing bothers me a lot, is because it is easy to control. You chose to do, where as the other stuff is in the heat of the moment. But yes both are wrong but I just hate embellishing a lot more.
It's easy to control swinging a hockey stick at another man's groin. It's easy to control cheapshotting behind the play. Just as it's easy to control embellishing. Perry is guilty of all three.

Old
12-12-2011, 05:55 PM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
I'm just trying to explain why, for me, why I hate it more.
That's fine. I was just trying to clarify your opinion. If your opinion is that embellishing is worse because it is controllable while things like racking a player with your stick isn't quite as bad because it's in the heat of the moment I just cannot agree. Often times the things players do in the heat of the moment are outrageous, while diving is just silly and makes a player look pathetic.

Old
12-12-2011, 06:00 PM
mighty all the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
That's fine. I was just trying to clarify your opinion. If your opinion is that embellishing is worse because it is controllable while things like racking a player with your stick isn't quite as bad because it's in the heat of the moment I just cannot agree. Often times the things players do in the heat of the moment are outrageous, while diving is just silly and makes a player look pathetic.
I couldn't had said it better myself.

EDIT: So did any of you guys noticed that the crowd was saying the wrong name during the game, they kept saying Hiller, when Ellis was in net. It was hilarious. But anyways, Nashville's crowds are very loud, one of the best now.

Last edited by mighty all the way: 12-12-2011 at 06:08 PM.
Old
12-12-2011, 07:05 PM
Fo Shea Shea

Quote:

EDIT: So did any of you guys noticed that the crowd was saying the wrong name during the game, they kept saying Hiller, when Ellis was in net. It was hilarious. But anyways, Nashville's crowds are very loud, one of the best now.
No, I was there. The building was chanting Ellis. He got a great ovation when he was announced as the starter. Think Preds fans still have a liking for Ellis.

Old
12-12-2011, 10:13 PM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

Yeah they were definitely chanting "Ellis"

Old
12-12-2011, 11:44 PM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Quote:
I couldn't had said it better myself.

I heard Ellis on my tv

Old
12-13-2011, 12:01 AM
mighty all the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by kypredsfan View Post
I heard Ellis on my tv
Really? I swear I heard Hiller, cuz people were even talking about it afterwards. It was after one of the goals. Oh well, its not like it matters.

Old
12-13-2011, 12:58 AM
Adz
Eudora Wannabe

No, we definitely knew who it was. Maybe you were hearing the "It's all your fault" part. The "all your" might sound like "Hiller" when multiplied by 17,000. Or maybe it was "Ellis, Loser" you were hearing.

Grin.

Aside: Sometimes people either want so desperately to make us look uninformed or like we're just in awe of every name player out there that they misinterpret what we're saying and announce it as fact. It's even happened with our own media. We were chanting "We want Frosties" last year against Pittsburgh because with 4 goals you can get a Free Frosty at Wendy's. Our own media guy thought we were saying "We want Crosby"...

Old
12-13-2011, 05:21 AM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Really? I swear I heard Hiller, cuz people were even talking about it afterwards. It was after one of the goals. Oh well, its not like it matters.
Anyone who would defend Perry has no credibility with me.

Old
12-13-2011, 05:51 AM
glenngineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
So does that mean anyone that defends Tootoo has no credibility with you? What about Ott?

I'm not saying he's right or wrong but plenty of players do plenty of stupid things on the ice. Some guys just do it more. It's hard to be a fan of Nashville, have Tootoo on our team, yet rail on a guy like Perry for some of the things he does when Tootoo has done the same, if not worse on more than one occasion. Spearing is no joke but charging, leaving your feet, boarding, etc are no light matters either.

Wouldn't it be great if hockey were played hard and clean? This wouldn't even be a discussion. Unfortunately, it's ref'd by humans and played by guys who will try to get away with as much as possible. Just the way it is. And I hate to say it, we'd take Perry on Nashville any day of the week. I know I would.

Old
12-13-2011, 07:56 AM
predfan98

and i don't know why in the hell this person defending perry doesnt get tossed as the troll he obviously is. i thought duck fans weren't supposed to post on our game day thread.

Old
12-13-2011, 07:57 AM
predfan98

Quote:
people at the game weren't confused. maybe the duck boards have problems with their hearing or they just want to call the predator fans idiots...

Old
12-13-2011, 08:44 AM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan98 View Post
and i don't know why in the hell this person defending perry doesnt get tossed as the troll he obviously is. i thought duck fans weren't supposed to post on our game day thread.
eh, he's being pretty tame. Now, when I hit the other boards on game day, all bets are off

Old
12-13-2011, 08:49 AM
token grinder

If this guy sat next to me, I may have yelled hiller. But I also had to have a DD. sorry.

Old
12-13-2011, 09:00 AM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
So does that mean anyone that defends Tootoo has no credibility with you? What about Ott?

I'm not saying he's right or wrong but plenty of players do plenty of stupid things on the ice. Some guys just do it more. It's hard to be a fan of Nashville, have Tootoo on our team, yet rail on a guy like Perry for some of the things he does when Tootoo has done the same, if not worse on more than one occasion. Spearing is no joke but charging, leaving your feet, boarding, etc are no light matters either.

Wouldn't it be great if hockey were played hard and clean? This wouldn't even be a discussion. Unfortunately, it's ref'd by humans and played by guys who will try to get away with as much as possible. Just the way it is. And I hate to say it, we'd take Perry on Nashville any day of the week. I know I would.
When was the last time Toots swung a stick at a guys nuts? Defending Perry's shenanigans is more akin to supporting Nichol's on ice infractions than anything either Ott or Toots has done. I can't defend Scott's butt-ending or sucker punches either.

Old
12-13-2011, 09:16 AM
deanwormer

Quote:
When was the last time Toots swung a stick at a guys nuts? Defending Perry's shenanigans is more akin to supporting Nichol's on ice infractions than anything either Ott or Toots has done. I can't defend Scott's butt-ending or sucker punches either.
no kidding. huge difference - Tootoo or Ott or several others you can name don't swing sticks and they'll man-up as appropriate. Plus - when you're a premier embellisher and on top of it protected player like Perry you got no room to whine, and this guy rivals Cyndy in Pitts and the always-missed Sissy Chelios as the games worst whiner.

Old
12-13-2011, 09:29 AM
mighty all the way

Quote:
If you read my posts, I said that it was embarrassing.

Old
12-13-2011, 09:31 AM
mighty all the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan98 View Post
people at the game weren't confused. maybe the duck boards have problems with their hearing or they just want to call the predator fans idiots...
Quote:
Originally Posted by kypredsfan View Post
eh, he's being pretty tame. Now, when I hit the other boards on game day, all bets are off
I wasn't calling you an idiot, I just thought it was funny. I even complimented your fan base.

And thank you for not kicking me off. I just like having discussions with other teams to get their opinions.

Old
12-13-2011, 11:04 AM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
If you read my posts, I said that it was embarrassing.
You say it's embarrassing while simultaneously minimizing, deflecting from, and ignoring some of his actions. He embellishes, which you are quick to call Toots onto the carpet for but fail to mention for Perry. "It's shameful" is accompanied by a lot of buts.

Old
12-13-2011, 11:36 AM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 50
Hey Viqsi... can we get a GDT please??

(and then maybe have the mods close this one...)

Old
12-13-2011, 12:00 PM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

Yeah this one has gone far enough.

Closed Thread