HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

More moves to come?

Old
12-12-2011, 07:57 PM
Bloumeister
Food Court Jester

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by donghabs98 View Post
Weber no!!!

avatar says what i feel about it

but i wouldn't mind though if he is package for someone good

just don't want him traded for a pick or somthing
You feel 'yannick weber ' about it?

Bloumeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2011, 08:01 PM
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoseLa View Post
Only Stewart, but he's untouchable. I wouldn't be angry if it was for Havlat but i'd prefer to keep Cammy.
Maybe for the organisation, but for the fans on the St-Louis board (on HFBOARDS) it seems that he is not that well respected. In a poll among fans, he got only one vote. Backes, Oshie, Perron, among others are all well ahead of him.

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2011, 08:04 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post
Pretty simplistic reasoning..
[/COLOR]
Habs without Price are fighting for the 1st overall pick.. The Preds without Rinne are not a playoffs team.. The Rags without Lunqvist arent that high in the standing...

Price is a super goaltender, just like Rinne is.. They both can steal games by their own while they are rarely to blame for pts lost.. They are impact goaltenders that always give you a chance to win despite how bad the team is playing in front.. Regular like a clock despite playing about all the games.. Thats actually the big difference between Price and a guy like Thomas, as Claude Julien said himself, Thomas is an excellent goaltender when well rested..

Teams are built differently, the Habs just cant afford to have a just good no.1 in the net, they need a super goaltender to remain competitive.. Super goaltenders are as rare as specials players like Lemieux Bourque Crosby and can have a similar impact at their position..
Seemed to work fine with Halak. You have it backwards actually, the Habs are a goalie mine, they have a system in place that makes goalies look extremely good. It's the combination of this and a talented goalie that gives the present results with Price. There are many very good goalies in the league now and the difference between Price and the others is not as big as it was with Roy and Brodeur.

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2011, 08:04 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats NAslund View Post
LOL, you got this form hockey30.com

I would love it if they traded Weber or Campoli for Bickell
I posted this last night, December 11th. The site you're mentioning, I never visit. I just went to check and they posted it today. Who took what where again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
So it's luck when we win, but it's not bad luck when we have half our experienced D-corps down (Markov-Spacek-Campoli) or when our MVP misses 160 (tentively) games in the last 3 seasons??
That's not what I said at all.

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2011, 08:12 PM
WhiskeySeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post
Habs without Price are fighting for the 1st overall pick.. The Preds without Rinne are not a playoffs team.. The Rags without Lunqvist arent that high in the standing...
The Habs with NO goalie are fighting for 1st overall. But without Price they would play another goalie, say Budaj or Ramo or any free-agent "patch" goalie. The market is oversaturated and the difference between a top 1 goalie and the top 10 is much much more important than the difference between the top 10 goalies and the top 35.

That is to say it gets very important if you're the absolute best at your position, but if you're not, you're pretty much replaceable. Polie is a lunatic for signing Rinne to a 7/7 deal, he's pretty much hoping that Rinne has top3 stats for the entire duration. Highly, highly unlikely.

Price has won ONE PLAYOFF SERIES, has ZERO PERSONAL AWARDS and plays for a defensive team. He's my favorite Hab, I never want to see him leave but he is not worth a 7 million cap hit, not even a 6 million cap.

His next contract should be three years, 13 or 14m (+maybe 1.5m for taxes?). It's all he's done to deserve.

WhiskeySeven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2011, 08:25 PM
nyhabsfan
Waiting for #25.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
The Habs with NO goalie are fighting for 1st overall. But without Price they would play another goalie, say Budaj or Ramo or any free-agent "patch" goalie. The market is oversaturated and the difference between a top 1 goalie and the top 10 is much much more important than the difference between the top 10 goalies and the top 35.

That is to say it gets very important if you're the absolute best at your position, but if you're not, you're pretty much replaceable. Polie is a lunatic for signing Rinne to a 7/7 deal, he's pretty much hoping that Rinne has top3 stats for the entire duration. Highly, highly unlikely.

Price has won ONE PLAYOFF SERIES, has ZERO PERSONAL AWARDS and plays for a defensive team. He's my favorite Hab, I never want to see him leave but he is not worth a 7 million cap hit, not even a 6 million cap.

His next contract should be three years, 13 or 14m (+maybe 1.5m for taxes?). It's all he's done to deserve.
He's is going to play virtually every minute of 70 games, so goes Price, so goes the team.

If any skater is worth 7 million than Price is worth that much.

With that said, I am hoping for 6 years at 5 per or something in that neighborhood.

nyhabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2011, 08:49 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
Seemed to work fine with Halak. You have it backwards actually, the Habs are a goalie mine, they have a system in place that makes goalies look extremely good. It's the combination of this and a talented goalie that gives the present results with Price. There are many very good goalies in the league now and the difference between Price and the others is not as big as it was with Roy and Brodeur.
Where do you get the notion that the Habs are rich in goaltenders when two years in a row they signed castoff free agents? And if you say the system makes Price rather than the other way around, you're indirectly endorsing JM. Did you mean to? I've heard rival goaltenders (and ex-goatenders) say that Price is among the best in the game but I guess you never tune in to those channels at the right time. How curious.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2011, 09:12 PM
Bloumeister
Food Court Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats NAslund View Post
LOL, you got this form hockey30.com

I would love it if they traded Weber or Campoli for Bickell
Wonder if Chicago would take Campoli back after walking away from him this summer (arbitration).

Quote:
It was Campoli’s giveaway in overtime of Game 7 that turned into Vancouver’s winning goal.

Bowman said the team wanted to keep Campoli, but the 26-year-old wanted more money than the team was willing to pay.

“It was apparent from the beginning their salary demands were just not in concert with where we see him fitting in our team,” Bowman said at a Blackhawks fan event Friday.

“We had to make a decision (that) it wasn’t going to happen,” Bowman said. “We made our best offer and it wasn’t to his liking. He sees himself in a different category, price-wise.”

(http://aol.sportingnews.com/nhl/stor...#ixzz1gNdtkC16)
Sour milk?

That being said, Campoli's more attractive at 1.75mil$ than at 2.5.

Bloumeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 12:06 AM
Teamwork

What I'm going to say is not going to be that relevant; but man I sure miss #27 Alexei Kovalev..
He was exciting, every time he cupped the puck the bell centre got louder. Other then price, we don't have a player that has the ability to spark up the audience like he did back in the day.

Teamwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 12:25 AM
Miller Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by habitue View Post
There is some interesting underachiving players around the league...

Havlat in SJ

Stewart in St-Louis

Hemsky in Edmonton

Morrow in Dallas

Fisher in Nashville

Semin in Washington

Would you trade lets' say Cammy, for one of these ?
I would trade him for any of the above...

I'd like to see PG as much out of any deal, so for most of them it would be crazy for us to give up a 1 for 1 swap (hemsky/fisher/semin/Morrow) since Cammy's PO performance the past 2 years should be valuable enough to get us an upper hand...

but Cammy @ 6M$ is, to me, a player best used as an asset to be moved. he just isn't consistent enough, nor versatile enough, to warrant that kind of cap hit (even if many GM's would probably be happy to add his potential "clutch" scoring).

Miller Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 12:31 AM
No Team Needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller Time View Post
but Cammy @ 6M$ is, to me, a player best used as an asset to be moved. he just isn't consistent enough, nor versatile enough, to warrant that kind of cap hit (even if many GM's would probably be happy to add his potential "clutch" scoring).
Every playoff potential team in the league would love to add a guy who has lead the league in scoring in the playoffs the last two years before his team was eliminated.

No Team Needed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 11:26 AM
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Team Needed View Post
Every playoff potential team in the league would love to add a guy who has lead the league in scoring in the playoffs the last two years before his team was eliminated.
82 pre-season games (performances) at 6 million is a bit too expensive. Don't you think ?

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 11:36 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by habitue View Post
82 pre-season games (performances) at 6 million is a bit too expensive. Don't you think ?
I think people are overreacting with Cammy. Let's fix the PP and I bet that gets him going, I believe he has NO PP goals so far, that should be 40% of his production and would probably help his confidence 5 on 5.

It would also be nice for his luck with injuries to change a bit. the 5 years before we signed him he played 79, 80, 81, 63 and 81 games(average of 77) but only 65 and 67 here.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote