HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Corey Trivino Arrested

Old
12-13-2011, 12:03 AM
God
Free Citizen

vCash: 500
Corey Trivino Arrested

Boston Hockey Blog @BOShockeyblog
BREAKING: Corey Trivino reportedly facing severe discipline by team. More to come in following days, per sources.

Boston Hockey Blog @BOShockeyblog Close
BREAKING: Corey Trivino kicked off BU hockey team.

http://www.thebostonhockeyblog.com/2...ed-off-bu.html
Quote:
Senior forward Corey Trivino has been kicked off the BU hockey team as of Monday night, according to sources. His removal from the team is reportedly due to an arrest Sunday night for breaking and entering and assault with an attempt to ****. More details to follow.
what.

God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 12:13 AM
Backhand of Justice
Casey Zeeky

Quote:
Originally Posted by God View Post
Boston Hockey Blog @BOShockeyblog
BREAKING: Corey Trivino reportedly facing severe discipline by team. More to come in following days, per sources.

Boston Hockey Blog @BOShockeyblog Close
BREAKING: Corey Trivino kicked off BU hockey team.

what.
You've gotta be ****ing kidding me

To think the kid matured. I was hoping he'd be signed after this season.

Backhand of Justice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 12:14 AM
Gillies Mustache

Corey Trivino Arrested

Charged with two counts of breaking and entering and one count of assault with attempt to ****. Well there goes that prospect...

Link: http://www.nyiskinny.com/2011/12/cor...-team-and.html

Last edited by Gillies Mustache: 12-13-2011 at 12:28 AM.
Gillies Mustache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 12:16 AM
ZMan17
U of A!!!

Send a message via AIM to ZMan17
My friend at BU just messaged me with that and told me he was kicked off the team. He was their leading scorer too. Too bad...

ZMan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 12:23 AM
NYI JT91

vCash: 50
If true, what a dirtbag. The mods will need proof of these allegations being placed on him or they will lock the thread. I just searched the internet and found nothing, Just a heads up.

NYI JT91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 12:29 AM
Bauer Warrior*

I wonder how he did on that character test in comparisson to ... oh, I don't know, Derek Stepan.

I say that tongue-in-cheak. Obviously hindsight is 20/20, and pretty much every analyst liked the Trivino pick. Oh well. We don't need a guy like that, anyway. If he's guilty, even if he just gets a slap on the wrist, he seems like trouble and more trouble is likely to come down the road.

Bauer Warrior* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 12:29 AM
Gillies Mustache

Quote:
Originally Posted by Islesallday View Post
If true, what a dirtbag. The mods will need proof of these allegations being placed on him or they will lock the thread. I just searched the internet and found nothing, Just a heads up.
Thanks bud. Just threw it up.

Gillies Mustache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 12:30 AM
Bunk Moreland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Islesallday View Post
It's everywhere now.. http://www.nyiskinny.com/2011/12/cor...-team-and.html

What a moron this guy is..

Bunk Moreland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 12:31 AM
redbull
springtime hockey!

http://www.bu.edu/today/2011/mens-hockey-star-arrested/

Quote:
Head hockey coach Jack Parker says Trivino has been permanently removed from the team. “He is no longer associated with the BU hockey team,” says Parker (SMG’68, Hon.’97).

Parker says the first line center, who was drafted by the New York Islanders in 2008, may have been the team’s most valuable player.
“This will be a big hole to fill,” says Parker. “And there’s an emotional hole also.”
Throwing it away with some poor judgement - unbelievable. Innocent until proven guilty - sure, but this is his second strike while at BU and it looks like he's done. Shame on him.

redbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 12:35 AM
NYI JT91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gillies Mustache View Post
Thanks bud. Just threw it up.
No problem. I searched him on multiple search engines and could not find anything. Too bad...but then again I dont want some one like that in our system.

Old
12-13-2011, 12:42 AM
Bauer Warrior*

Unless this is a complete misunderstanding, I have no sympathy for the guy. And I get the feeling that if he ever did get here, he'd be locker room poison. He hasn't had a good college career. He's arguably been our most disappointing prospect from the '08 draft, and he seems to be a scum bag. I'd rather we just drafted a bust, but the presumption that he's a criminal, and a potential felon, just makes it all the worse.

Bauer Warrior* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 12:46 AM
Backhand of Justice
Casey Zeeky

To be honest, I thought the kid matured and was going to be signed after this season. Damn shame that this happened. Such an idiotic thing to do.

Backhand of Justice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 01:03 AM
CodeE

Quote:
Suffolk County Assistant District Attorney Cameron Merrill told the court that witnesses claim that an apparently intoxicated Trivino pushed his way into the room of a female student at 10 Buick St. and started kissing her and fondling her against her will. Trivino reportedly left the room at the student's insistence, and she called the Boston University Police at about 11 p.m. Police arrived a short time later and placed Trivino under arrest.
Quote:
Trivino allegedly entered the room of a female Boston University student on Sunday night while intoxicated where he is said to have kissed the woman without her consent. He has been charged with three counts of indecent assault and battery, two counts of breaking and entering in the night time and one count of assult with the intent to ****.
http://www.collegehockeynews.com/new...d,_removed.php

I don't know the details, but to me this sounds like a kid getting drunk, trying to get with a girl at college (they had to have known each other if Trivino knew where she lived), and then leaving when she didn't want him. Now, if he physically hit her or tried to hold her down and strip her this is a different issue entirely, but all the article says is "kissed her without her consent".

I'll reserve my opinion on this until more facts come out. If all he did was drunkely stumble into some girl's dorm room, kissed her and is now being charged with ****, well that's not really fair to this kid. I just need more details before this kid is thrown to the wolves, because I got drunk at college and was rejected by women, but was never charged with attempted **** for drunkenly trying to kiss someone.

CodeE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 01:11 AM
Sidney the Kidney
We got Kessel?!

vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by CodeE View Post

I don't know the details, but to me this sounds like a kid getting drunk, trying to get with a girl at college (they had to have known each other if Trivino knew where she lived), and then leaving when she didn't want him. Now, if he physically hit her or tried to hold her down and strip her this is a different issue entirely, but all the article says is "kissed her without her consent".

I'll reserve my opinion on this until more facts come out. If all he did was drunkely stumble into some girl's dorm room, kissed her and is now being charged with ****, well that's not really fair to this kid. I just need more details before this kid is thrown to the wolves, because I got drunk at college and was rejected by women, but was never charged with attempted **** for drunkenly trying to kiss someone.
The quotes you posted above also mention "and fondling her against her will". Which, I'm assuming, is the key part of why he's being charged with what he is. I don't think simply kissing her against her will (not saying that's acceptable, either) is why he's in legal trouble.

Sidney the Kidney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 01:13 AM
WangMustGo
NYI

vCash: 3178
Quote:

After reading that article I agree. I won't defend him, but I know for a fact that most guys in college have done similar things, although if she says no you have to stop. It really seems like this girl was drunk too, and the entire thing COULD be a misunderstanding. I am not saying that is the case, but its a possibility. We will see what happens, but this seems like it could be a misunderstanding.

WangMustGo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 01:16 AM
WangMustGo
NYI

vCash: 3178
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidney the Kidney View Post
The quotes you posted above also mention "and fondling her against her will". Which, I'm assuming, is the key part of why he's being charged with what he is. I don't think simply kissing her against her will (not saying that's acceptable, either) is why he's in legal trouble.
They both seemed to be drunk though. Situations have happened where the girl ended up lying, I am not in anyway saying she is lying, but it has happened before. Anyone remember the Duke lacrosse team a few years ago? Or how about in our own backyard with the Hofstra case a couple years ago.

WangMustGo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 01:22 AM
CodeE

Just to clarify: in no way am I condoning sexual assault at all. However one of my close friends was wrapped up in an incident where a girl blatantly lied and exaggerated her story to the authorities because she felt "used". While the case was eventually thrown out, my friend developed a reputation that hurt him with professors, his family, and generally everyone around him because nobody believed his innocence.

There are two sides to every story, and people tend to get caught up in letting their imaginations create a vile, despicable sex crime. The reported fact that Trivino left the room after she told him to get out at least shows a willingness to stop.

Old
12-13-2011, 01:29 AM
NYI JT91

Quote:
Just to clarify: in no way am I condoning sexual assault at all. However one of my close friends was wrapped up in an incident where a girl blatantly lied and exaggerated her story to the authorities because she felt "used". While the case was eventually thrown out, my friend developed a reputation that hurt him with professors, his family, and generally everyone around him because nobody believed his innocence.

There are two sides to every story, and people tend to get caught up in letting their imaginations create a vile, despicable sex crime. The reported fact that Trivino left the room after she told him to get out at least shows a willingness to stop.
True. I am suprised he got kicked out of school before trial

Old
12-13-2011, 01:33 AM
Harv
R.I.P. Pavol.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puc...rn=nhl-wp19682

Harv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 01:35 AM
CodeE

While he's not the friend I mentioned earlier, I implore everyone to read the following article about another sexual assault case involving an athlete that happened during my time at USC. That athlete happens to be current Jets quarterback Mark Sanchez.

http://deadspin.com/5739780/why-no-o...chez-****-case

Old
12-13-2011, 03:24 AM
ScaredStreit

Quote:

Ok you're taking the article, and what the DA said out of context.

"pushed his way into the room of a female student at 10 Buick St. and started kissing her and fondling her against her will.

"pushed" =/= followed (and even following can be creepy).

And there's a big difference between fondling, and trying to kiss somebody, actually I didn't see "kiss without consent". Not to mention it was serious enough for him to be thrown off the team.

Now I'm all for being innocent until proven guilty-but let's not blame the woman here. I doubt if she claimed he tried to kissed her and she threw him out the police would have arrested him.

Oh and I went to college, and believe me when I say I used to get drunk and party a lot. I never once "fondled" a girl who didn't want it, or said no. That's ridiculous and there's no excuse for it.

ScaredStreit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 05:27 AM
kasper11

don't know how reliable this site is, but if true this is very serious...

Quote:
Senior forward Corey Trivino has been kicked off the BU hockey team as of Monday night, according to sources. His removal from the team is reportedly due to an arrest Sunday night for breaking and entering and assault with an attempt to ****.

kasper11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 05:40 AM
ichabod13

Quote:
Originally Posted by WangMustGo View Post
It really seems like this girl was drunk too,
Quote:
Originally Posted by WangMustGo View Post
They both seemed to be drunk though.
from the two articles posted, please tell me where youre getting that impression.

ichabod13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 05:46 AM
ichabod13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScaredStreit View Post
And there's a big difference between fondling, and trying to kiss somebody, actually I didn't see "kiss without consent".
its in the article you quoted......

"Trivino allegedly entered the room of a female Boston University student on Sunday night while intoxicated where he is said to have kissed the woman without her consent."

ichabod13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 06:16 AM
Forty Six and Two

Wasn't Travino also suspended from the team a couple of years ago for a few games? Something about making a racist rap video? Or am I imagining that?

Forty Six and Two is offline   Reply With Quote