HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Where do you buy your tickets?

Old
12-12-2011, 06:24 PM
ChrisULM

vCash: 500
Where do you buy your tickets?

My wife and I recently moved to the area and are quickly becoming Preds fans. At our current income levels, we've got a limited amount of funds we can spare each month for games, so we tend to stick with the cheaper week night games and sit in the uppers to make it stretch as much as we can. Cheaper tickets = more games we can see

Which leads me to my question. For those who are not season ticket holders, where do you go to buy your tickets?

Do you guys have some sort of ticket exchange here on the board? Places like Stubhub have a nice selection, but you end up paying more for service charges and delivery fees than the tickets themselves.

Also, I've heard about the 100 $10 tickets on Saturdays. How crazy in the demand for those and what are your chances of getting a pair?

ChrisULM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2011, 06:52 PM
Fo Shea Shea

There are $10 tickets every game day. The amount of those tickets varies. There is usually people down there waiting in line for the ticket office to open.

If you wait right up until face off or just after the scalpers are just trying to make anything on the their tickets and you can get in for face or a little less.

Also watch Craigslist. Sometimes people can't go the the games and will just be giving their tickets away.

Fo Shea Shea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2011, 10:38 PM
RaiderDoug

Stubhub.

I drive from Knoxville 4-5 games a year, and don't have the ability to go up to the ticket window or craigslist. I've used Stubhub for a while, and never had a bad experience.

Not to mention, you can often get tickets at a fraction of face value, and unlike ticketmaster, I don't feel the need to bludgeon someone when I get done buying tickets online.

RaiderDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2011, 11:56 PM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

For a non ticket plan holder, I'd just recommend the Daily's super tuesday deals and McDonald's family 4 pack nights. Watch the games on tv and look for Hunts Pizza deals as well.

kypredsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 12:49 AM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Not scalpers

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 08:08 AM
Fo Shea Shea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoarding Assets View Post
Not scalpers
I'm not endorsing the use of scalpers. They are scum to me. They are the last option I would use.

Fo Shea Shea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 08:18 AM
predfan98

Look on twitter for the predfans group twitter. Sometimes fans there wil have cheap tickets. I see nothing wrong with the scalpels, but you have to be willing to walk away.
Yes, and if you watch the away games Pete and terry always advertise some kind of ticket deal.
And just spread the word with friends and where you work. There are a lot of people that will sell cheap or give you tickets if they can't go

predfan98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 08:18 AM
SavageSteve

Some of us are part of the Ambassador Club w/ the Preds and can offer a link off of our STH account. If you want a potentially cheaper ticket direct from the Preds, please use the link below and special offer code below. Its a direct link to a group sales portal they provide some of the season ticket holders to help bring others to games to get them hooked into buying season tickets and has minimal Ticketmaster fees attached to it. You don't get hard tickets, rather you have to print them at home and have to bring the scan-able sheets for entry into the arena. Works well having used these a time or two for games not in my half-season package. Plus I get credit to re-up my seasons helping to sell tickets too.

There really aren't any bad seats in the house but would discourage getting them near the penalty box where half of the view of the ice is obstructed. I recently sat in 106 EE to see Ovechkin and was disappointed to have to watch the jumbotron for half of the action. Here is a 3d seat viewer to 'preview' the angles (https://www.seats3d.com/nhl/nashville_predators/). I have sat in 216 before for games vs the Sharks and loved it; but also really enjoy sitting up high and indulging in beverages. Pass this along to anyone else interested. The best deal is the ones w/ the 'Family Option' on them as they include all you can eat concessions at specially marked stands and the seats are at the same height as club level. For $51 each, w/ grub included would save a few bucks to enjoy establishments on Lower Broadway afterward!!

LINK – www.nashvillepredators.com/hopkins
SPECIAL OFFER CODE – preds

Ordering Instructions: Click “Find Tickets” for the game you want and enter Special Offer Code “preds”. First Time Users should enter your email under “Create an Account” and continue to the purchase page. Returning Users will not need to create a new account unless your information has changed. Tickets will be e-mailed directly to you.

PRICES –

All-Inclusive Zone - $131
Shoot 2x Premium Lower Bowl - $96
Premium Lower Bowl - $90
Sideline Club - $86
Lower Bowl - $80
Lower Bowl End Zone - $67
Shoot 1x Club - $63
Shoot 2x Mezzanine – Family Option $51
Sideline Balcony - $41
Goal Zone - $34

The prices you see above are the gate rates for non-premium games. For most non-premium games people that purchase from your link will save on service fees only as they are cheaper on this link than through regular TM. They will see an automatic discount on all premium games. This season we have also gone to a dynamic pricing model, which means our ticket prices can go up as the inventory shrinks (similar to how airplane tickets works), but the prices on your link will always stay the same thus creating a discount for non-premium games and an even larger discount for premium games (as Red Wing games are here!). Let me know if you have questions or if you used the link!!

SavageSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 09:03 AM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

The best prices were the black friday sale. Beyond that watch for the specials. The Ambassador Club is cheaper than regular face value, but, the deals (4 pack and Daily's) are better savings.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 10:41 AM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan98 View Post
Look on twitter for the predfans group twitter. Sometimes fans there wil have cheap tickets. I see nothing wrong with the scalpels, but you have to be willing to walk away.
Yes, and if you watch the away games Pete and terry always advertise some kind of ticket deal.
And just spread the word with friends and where you work. There are a lot of people that will sell cheap or give you tickets if they can't go
Think about it this way ... those are tickets that are already bought

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 12:31 PM
ChrisULM

Thanks for the tips guys. I'll have to check out craigslist and twitter, and I might try out one of the scalpers after the game has started on a night where I'm already in Nashville.

I've had some luck with a couple of sellers I found on ebay that will sell tickets directly without the transaction fees/shipping fees. I can sometimes get weekday games for as low as $8 a ticket if we sit in the uppers around sec 303, but it depends on who we're playing.

I might attempt to fight the crowd and get a $10 ticket when the box office opens one weekend.

ChrisULM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 01:53 PM
predfan98

Quote:
Think about it this way ... those are tickets that are already bought

Yes, any tickets bought thru another person or stubhub type place is a ticket that has already been purchased. We all know that.
But that doesn't mean I won't give any help for someone with limited funds that just wants to go to games at the cheapest price.

And on that subject of attendance and secondary markets like stubhub......the NHL teams are choosing their poison and attendance by changing their policies. The Preds and some other teams choose to only put the first half of the season single games on sale and you were unable until a short time ago to buy tickets to the 2nd half of the season.
So that is why a month or two ago when I made plans to go to the Carolina game in late feb and the fla games in early march.......the hurricanes did not get my $ and stubhub did. Because they had frozen sales. Now the fla panthers, in contrast, got my $, because they did not have that policy. And there were lots of tickets available in both those arenas.....these are not sold out and waiting list arenas..

Old
12-13-2011, 04:48 PM
Adz

Agreed. I don't quite understand the thinking on that. Why would an arena that needs to sell tickets (like ours) put any sort of limits out there? Are they trying to keep blocks of seats for corporate or mini package sales? I don't really have a problem with the concept of dynamic pricing, but is this a way to create a false shortage of tickets before the individual can purchase them? If so, that's not playing fair.

Adz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 12:39 AM
AEM6729

Not sure if you have a college ID still...or a kid you can borrow/steal one from...but the college nights on Thursdays have sweet ticket deals. Tonight you could've gotten an upper bowl seat for $15 and a lower bowl one for $25. Also my husband follows the Preds on Twitter and they apparently sent out an e-mail shortly before game time advertising this same deal on 200 singles throughout the arena, no college ID needed.

Catch is, they were singles. But if you can get them in the same row people are usually pretty accommodating about scooting around for you.

AEM6729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 12:53 AM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan98 View Post
. Now the fla panthers, in contrast, got my $, because they did not have that policy. And there were lots of tickets available in both those arenas.....these are not sold out and waiting list arenas..
I got tickets for the game at the Florida Panthers 6 rows from the glass for $36 a seat on stubhub

Old
12-16-2011, 12:25 PM
tonyin318

Aren't stubhub and other ticket brokers selling tickets that have already been sold?

tonyin318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 12:34 PM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Quote:
Not scalpers
A bit OT:

I once bought some suite tickets for a Falcons game from a scalper for cheap years ago. I think you can guess where this is going.

Myself and three others crashed some construction company's (actually, I think they leased the Porto-potties to construction sites) suite. Nobody asked who we were until the 4th, but when they found out, they were pissed.

AtlantaWhaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2012, 02:48 PM
codeman00

I was about to start a new thread on this but there's one here that deals with the same topic, so I'll tag on.

I've lived in Nashville for over 4 years now and have turned into a diehard Preds fan. I'm very lucky that the company I work for has Preds tickets that we can use and its those tickets that really got me into being the fan I am today. I feel like I should invest in being a season ticket holder; but unfortunately, it doesn't seem to pay off for me. Every year, I look at the season ticket prices per game and am really amazed at how high they are since you can usually go to stubhub and get tickets for 1/2 to 1/3 the price of most weekday games. Also, with all of the Tuesday/Thursday deals, you can get lowers for as little as $35 or $25. Of course, you play ticket roulette every time in now knowing where you are sitting, but still, you can stretch your dollar much farther and go to many more games this way. I've come to the conclusion that I might miss a few high profile games on Sat but am able to go to three weekday games instead for the same price as going to one game when buying from the Preds. That's a good tradeoff for me...

What I can't figure out, is that the seats I find on stubhub are premium lower seats....yet the ticket price that is printed on them (pdf tickets) are actually half of face or more. I have a friend that is a half season ticket holder and my tickets are almost always less expensive than her seat that she buys through the Preds. That has to be aggravating. I know that the seats I buy are from scalpers (since the same name shows up again and again), but how in the world do they not lose a ton of money every year when selling their tickets? I know they will get a lot more money for the premium games....but they seem too be few and far between to make a real profit over the season. Do these scalpers get mega deals because they are the owners of so many prime seats, more so than the season ticket holder??

Does anyone know how the scalpers can sell premium tickets at such a low prices all throughout the year and yet still be in business?

By the way, I did buy all of the playoff tickets last year through a friend's half season account... I know I saved money during the Wings series, but there were several seats through the Phoenix series where I could have got them cheaper through stubhub. I'm just not sure how so many cheap tickets can be available on stubhub before games. I want to be a season ticket holder, but it would cost me 2-3 times as much to go to the same amount of games.

codeman00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2012, 03:46 PM
Basher
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via AIM to Basher Send a message via MSN to Basher Send a message via Skype™ to Basher
I worked for Ticketmaster so I feel a little awkward buying on the secondary market, but I (just like anyone else) don't like paying extra for fees, so I don't. I use Donkey Tickets usually. I've been buying from this guy for years (through eBay early on) and never had a problem. Some tickets are the print-off tickets with the original buyer's name, but I've never had a problem. I've probably used him (eBay/DonkeyTickets) over 20 times now.

Basher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2012, 06:59 PM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Honestly, I still renew my ticket package as my way of helping the team. I guess I feel like I'm doing my part by buying straight from the Preds.

Old
07-11-2012, 07:07 PM
Legionnaire11

Quote:
Originally Posted by kypredsfan View Post
Honestly, I still renew my ticket package as my way of helping the team. I guess I feel like I'm doing my part by buying straight from the Preds.
That's how i've always though of it, didn't realize so many bought their tickets from other sources. But whatever works, as long as they're being sold!

Legionnaire11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2012, 08:19 PM
analogkid
Thread Killer

Been a fan since '99 averaged about 8 games a year, bought direct from the Predators. I am proud to announce that today I bought my first ticket package. It's only a partial (12 games) but considering I live 120 miles away, I like to think I am doing my part.

analogkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 12:30 AM
Machinehead
Brauch und Stolz

New Jersey lol

Road games FTW!!

Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 08:46 AM
predfan98

Quote:
Originally Posted by codeman00 View Post
I was about to start a new thread on this but there's one here that deals with the same topic, so I'll tag on.

I've lived in Nashville for over 4 years now and have turned into a diehard Preds fan. I'm very lucky that the company I work for has Preds tickets that we can use and its those tickets that really got me into being the fan I am today. I feel like I should invest in being a season ticket holder; but unfortunately, it doesn't seem to pay off for me. Every year, I look at the season ticket prices per game and am really amazed at how high they are since you can usually go to stubhub and get tickets for 1/2 to 1/3 the price of most weekday games. Also, with all of the Tuesday/Thursday deals, you can get lowers for as little as $35 or $25. Of course, you play ticket roulette every time in now knowing where you are sitting, but still, you can stretch your dollar much farther and go to many more games this way. I've come to the conclusion that I might miss a few high profile games on Sat but am able to go to three weekday games instead for the same price as going to one game when buying from the Preds. That's a good tradeoff for me...

What I can't figure out, is that the seats I find on stubhub are premium lower seats....yet the ticket price that is printed on them (pdf tickets) are actually half of face or more. I have a friend that is a half season ticket holder and my tickets are almost always less expensive than her seat that she buys through the Preds. That has to be aggravating. I know that the seats I buy are from scalpers (since the same name shows up again and again), but how in the world do they not lose a ton of money every year when selling their tickets? I know they will get a lot more money for the premium games....but they seem too be few and far between to make a real profit over the season. Do these scalpers get mega deals because they are the owners of so many prime seats, more so than the season ticket holder??

Does anyone know how the scalpers can sell premium tickets at such a low prices all throughout the year and yet still be in business?

By the way, I did buy all of the playoff tickets last year through a friend's half season account... I know I saved money during the Wings series, but there were several seats through the Phoenix series where I could have got them cheaper through stubhub. I'm just not sure how so many cheap tickets can be available on stubhub before games. I want to be a season ticket holder, but it would cost me 2-3 times as much to go to the same amount of games.
I can think of a couple of reasons. Those tickets could have been ticket exchange tickets (where a season ticket holder turned in tickets they didn't use, for a couple of tickets in the lower bowl) and then they don't have the full price on them.

And second, they usually give you some "free tickets" with the season tickets that you can turn in for a couple of extra tickets. It seems like last year when I did that the tickets had $5 listed on them, but they were lower bowl.

Old
07-12-2012, 10:50 PM
Nitrous Mafia

I use the college nights a bunch.

Talking about hockey with people over the years through various jobs and you meet people who have hookups and want to dump extra tickets.

Also another great tip, buy seats in the uppers and then move down to the lowers. Done it during several playoffs games too.

Nitrous Mafia is offline   Reply With Quote