HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

When will we be taken seriously?

Old
12-13-2011, 10:29 AM
nyrmessier011

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to nyrmessier011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giglio NYR15 View Post
I feel like no matter what, we are not taken seriously and nobody consideres us to be a contender or "for real." Maybe we have to beat the flyers or pens a few more times, and ofcourse keep it up the whole year. Many non rangers fans I have spoken to say we will fade out eventually and nothing has changed. I even know some Rangers fans who still arent buying in, I guess due to years of torment and pain. I dont know..we have been in the top 5 of espn.com and nhl.com power rankings for the past 5 weeks!! Whats next? We gotta win the winter classic on a national stage maybe?

for the love of God, im tired of this every other day.

WHO CARES

nyrmessier011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 10:35 AM
pld459666

vCash: 873
I could care less about what anyone else thinks about thsi Rangers team.

I tend to get more and more impressed with how they go about playing the game in the sense that I truly have not seen this team rattled yet. Even in losses, they still try to play their game.

Teams with exceptional speed will cause us issues, teams like Montreal and Florida (last game notwithstanding)

I continue to wait for the other shoe to drop on this team in the sense that I'm not sure that they are playing at their capabilities, or are they playing over their heads.

I still look at this teams set of defenceman and when you have all three of the following guys on your squad (Eminger, Woywitka and Stralman), there's going to be reason for concern.

Flip side is that Dubi, Boyle and Prust are all capable os being better and that provides some comfort along with the knowledge that Staal and Sauer will be back.

As for me taking this team seriously, get past the 1st round and make the 2nd round hell for whoever they play. It will show progess and provide a deeper hunger for this group of guys.

They still have so much work to do to be taken seriously in my opinion.

pld459666 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 10:50 AM
Pizza

Quote:
I feel like no matter what, we are not taken seriously and nobody consideres us to be a contender or "for real." Maybe we have to beat the flyers or pens a few more times, and ofcourse keep it up the whole year. Many non rangers fans I have spoken to say we will fade out eventually and nothing has changed. I even know some Rangers fans who still arent buying in, I guess due to years of torment and pain. I dont know..we have been in the top 5 of espn.com and nhl.com power rankings for the past 5 weeks!! Whats next? We gotta win the winter classic on a national stage maybe?
Anyone enjoying this thread should check out the "Henrik Lundqvist" thread on the main board. More hilarity if you can stand it.

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 11:11 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

After 15 or so years of bad to mediocre play, why does this team deserve to be "taken seriously" by all the casual NHL fans around North America?

The one thing Im happy about regarding this start is it looks like this team might be able to sustain success through April (fingers crossed), and we finally dont have to go into the playoffs with the proverbial "puncher's chance." Thats it though. Until the team shows it can do damage in the playoffs, it doesnt deserve any sort of respect given its recent history since the late 90's.

On that note, Florida is off to a good start - should we be "taking them seriously" too?

Bleed Ranger Blue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 11:23 AM
Pizza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
After 15 or so years of bad to mediocre play, why does this team deserve to be "taken seriously" by all the casual NHL fans around North America?

The one thing Im happy about regarding this start is it looks like this team might be able to sustain success through April (fingers crossed), and we finally dont have to go into the playoffs with the proverbial "puncher's chance." Thats it though. Until the team shows it can do damage in the playoffs, it doesnt deserve any sort of respect given its recent history since the late 90's.

On that note, Florida is off to a good start - should we be "taking them seriously" too?
Here, have a piece of coal. Stick that in your stocking grumpy, LOL.

I care less about all those fans out there who don't take us seriously than the whining, sniveling Rangers fans who refuse to have fun with this.

These are the good old days people. Happy Holidays.

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 12:48 PM
94now

Quote:
we will fade out eventually and nothing has changed.
Some things have changed. Yet we will fade eventually. We are riding on an unbelievable goaltending. After it comes back to earth absence of Staal will be felt.

94now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 08:37 PM
Dorado*

When we can beat a 5'10 rookie goalie , or convert on a PP when it means something . Nice start but come on when it's all said and done we probably a 6-7-8 seed

Dorado* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 11:53 PM
JeffMangum
A Love Supreme

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorado View Post
When we can beat a 5'10 rookie goalie , or convert on a PP when it means something . Nice start but come on when it's all said and done we probably a 6-7-8 seed

Yeah, one game changes the dynamic of an entire team...

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 02:08 AM
Callagraves
Block shots

Quote:
LMFAO

No. Just, so much no.

Clearly, a game without a goal scored through 55 minutes of play is indicative of a team's abilities.

Callagraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 02:55 AM
Dorado*

Old
12-14-2011, 03:00 AM
Dorado*

Teams to be taken seriously don't go 0-5 on PP with barely any legit scoring chances . NYR a nice team but far from elite when all said and done . Teams to be taken seriously don't get shut down and pushed to the outside in their own building .

Old
12-14-2011, 07:54 AM
NYR Viper

I mean let's take a look at the standings. The Rangers are currently in.....4th in the conference. I would say that if they don't finish in the top-6 I will be a little disappointed.

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 07:59 AM
pld459666

Quote:
Teams to be taken seriously don't go 0-5 on PP with barely any legit scoring chances . NYR a nice team but far from elite when all said and done . Teams to be taken seriously don't get shut down and pushed to the outside in their own building .
not totally true

Even elite teams go 0-5 on the PP, however, they do tend to create good scoring chances during the man up.

Additionally, elite teams do get shut down in their own building from time to time.

I'm by no means saying we are elite or close to it, just pointing out that even the elite can look ordinary.

Old
12-14-2011, 08:06 AM
pld459666

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94now View Post
Some things have changed. Yet we will fade eventually. We are riding on an unbelievable goaltending. After it comes back to earth absence of Staal will be felt.
We have been getting elite goaltending, but it's not just the goaltending that has been saving our bacon.

Consistently good defensive efforts, the occassional outburst of scoring and more importantly, timely goals have been just as helpful in constructing a 17-7-4 record.

The Rangers are in the upper half of the league in scoring, we are 13th right now with 82 goals in 27 games. that's a 2.93 average.

That goals per game average actually puts the Rangers closer to 10th in the league in scoring per game.

Every thing about this Rangers team has assisted in helping us to this current record.

Old
12-15-2011, 09:39 PM
SwedishBullet62
Never go full torts.

Bump.....when we add more offensive skill.....and dont play like we did tonight and against dallas every 7 games or so...

SwedishBullet62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2011, 10:04 PM
Callagraves
Block shots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerdanger20 View Post
Bump.....when we add more offensive skill.....and dont play like we did tonight and against dallas every 7 games or so...
I'll take 5 out of 7 all god damn year long man.

Old
12-15-2011, 10:47 PM
noupf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callagraves View Post
I'll take 5 out of 7 all god damn year long man.
we've lost 4 out of the last 6........i think that the last 6 games is a bit more telling.

noupf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 12:45 AM
Callagraves
Block shots

Quote:
Originally Posted by noupf View Post
we've lost 4 out of the last 6........i think that the last 6 games is a bit more telling.
What makes the last six more telling than the six before them? or the six before them.

Besides that, we still have the 2nd least regulation losses. Only Philly has one less than us.

Old
12-16-2011, 04:07 PM
ltrangerfan

I harken back to my college days. I was basically a C+ student. For whatever reason I started to buckle down in my junior year and was running a B+ average after the first series of tests. No one gave me any respect so I know what the starter of this post was asking.

P.S. I finished the semester with a C+ average.

ltrangerfan is offline   Reply With Quote