HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Corey Trivino Arrested

Old
12-13-2011, 11:57 AM
Brunomics

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hipster Doofus View Post
I'd like to know what "stupid drunk college kid" is breaking and entering into homes and pushing himself on the occupants sexually? If the charges are true, then its as bad as it sounds. Even if he didn't do enough to get the **** charge, its still a complete disrespect of boundaries.
We know only one side of the story right now. Until the rest of the story comes out I'm not going to have an opinion like I said in my post. I truly hope it isn't nearly as bad as it sounds and they just racked up the charges on him.

Brunomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 12:06 PM
Hipster Doofus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunomics View Post
We know only one side of the story right now. Until the rest of the story comes out I'm not going to have an opinion like I said in my post. I truly hope it isn't nearly as bad as it sounds and they just racked up the charges on him.
If even just the breaking and entering sticks I'd cut ties.

Hipster Doofus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 12:28 PM
ferrisUML

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyisles View Post
I bolded the most important portion. That's the problem, we received news of this allegation a few hours ago so we have no idea if it's true, and it may be awhile before we do know. Calling for the organization to officially cut ties right now is just a little premature.
He was kicked off the team already. I'd say that pretty much as strong an indication that its true and he's guilty as anything. If Parker and the BU athletics aren't willing to give their leading scorer the benefit of doubt, why should we...perhaps they already have?

As to whether or not the Islander cut ties, I do agree its too early. Perhaps his behavior can be rehabilitated so that nothing like this happens in the future, but none of us are privy to making that determination.

ferrisUML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 12:28 PM
CodeE

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScaredStreit View Post
Ok you're taking the article, and what the DA said out of context.

"pushed his way into the room of a female student at 10 Buick St. and started kissing her and fondling her against her will.

"pushed" =/= followed (and even following can be creepy).

And there's a big difference between fondling, and trying to kiss somebody, actually I didn't see "kiss without consent". Not to mention it was serious enough for him to be thrown off the team.

Now I'm all for being innocent until proven guilty-but let's not blame the woman here. I doubt if she claimed he tried to kissed her and she threw him out the police would have arrested him.

Oh and I went to college, and believe me when I say I used to get drunk and party a lot. I never once "fondled" a girl who didn't want it, or said no. That's ridiculous and there's no excuse for it.
It all honestly depends on the extent of the "fondling". Again, if he simply tried to kiss her and maybe grab her butt or something, she pushed him away and told him to get out, that's one thing. If he kept fondling her after she said no, well that's a lot more serious. The problem is, nobody here knows what happened except Trivino and the girl, and that can turn into a "he said she said" game.

Anyone remember the old Chappelle's Show skit about The Love Contract? Chappelle gets a lady into bed but first makes her sign tons of paperwork stating, on the record, that everything is consensual so he can't be charged with ****. That's what kills me about "kiss without consent" (which was quoted in the college hockey news article) - you're not supposed to ask a girl for consent, you're supposed to kiss her and see what happens. I mean, there's a reason the Little Mermaid song is called "Kiss the Girl" and not "Ask the Girl's Permission to See If She's Comfortable With You Kissing The Girl".

Quote:
Originally Posted by leaponover View Post
Oh, and I also would like to add that whomever brought up the Mark Sanchez article... interestingly he was involved in that incident with the female reporter where she felt uncomfortable in the locker room one day. That's a pattern...
Do you have any proof he was the one making lewd comments? I checked a few articles and the female reporter was there to interview Sanchez, but it never says he was one of the players that made her feel uncomfortable.

CodeE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 12:34 PM
Sidney the Kidney
Injured Reserve

vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by WangMustGo View Post
They both seemed to be drunk though. Situations have happened where the girl ended up lying, I am not in anyway saying she is lying, but it has happened before. Anyone remember the Duke lacrosse team a few years ago? Or how about in our own backyard with the Hofstra case a couple years ago.
Oh, I'm not saying one way or another whether Trivino is actually guilty, or whether the girl is making it up, or whatever. I'll let a court decide that.

I was simply commenting on the previous poster's comments that he's being arrested for only forcing a kiss on the girl. The article states it's fondling as well, which is much more serious than just trying to steal an unwanted kiss.

Sidney the Kidney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 12:41 PM
ferrisUML

Anyone else find the misogyny in society in general alarming? Maybe im more sensitive to it now that I have two girls, but still. Attempts to justify and/or minimalize his behavior or outright villify the actual victim are in this very thread. Its not simply suspending judgement, its actual justication. Frightening...

ferrisUML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 12:43 PM
nyisles

Send a message via ICQ to nyisles Send a message via AIM to nyisles
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrisUML View Post
He was kicked off the team already. I'd say that pretty much as strong an indication that its true and he's guilty as anything. If Parker and the BU athletics aren't willing to give their leading scorer the benefit of doubt, why should we...perhaps they already have?
It could be a knee-jerk reaction, or it's possible they know something that we don't yet know. Whichever is the case, hopefully the facts will come to light soon enough.

Quote:
As to whether or not the Islander cut ties, I do agree its too early. Perhaps his behavior can be rehabilitated so that nothing like this happens in the future, but none of us are privy to making that determination.
I dunno, if it is true then I'm not sure I'd want the Isles to risk keeping him around. This kind of stuff goes beyond the Kabanov-type "needs to grow up" into the realm of truly troubling character flaws.

12-13-2011, 12:48 PM
scott99

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslesNorway View Post
The kid just wrecked his career and potentially his life. The stupidity of some people is just baffling at times as one would think he would finally make it after a few tough years!
This Trivino kid makes Kabanov look like Tebow.

scott99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 12:50 PM
CodeE

Quote:
Anyone else find the misogyny in society in general alarming? Maybe im more sensitive to it now that I have two girls, but still. Attempts to justify and/or minimalize his behavior or outright villify the actual victim are in this very thread. Its not simply suspending judgement, its actual justication. Frightening...
If the facts come to light and it turns out Trivino did sexually assault her, I guarantee 99.9% of the board will stop trying to "justify" this.

CodeE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 01:04 PM
stranger34

This is why players with professional aspirations should not go to college. I know i for one would not want the responsibility of potentially ruining my career while also being a college student.

I'd bet this scenario would have been a lot less likely to have occurred in juniors. I'll reserve judgment until he is proven guilty. To me it sounds like drunken shenanigans and there is often more than meets the eye with these kinds of allegations.

Just look at DSK and Duke

stranger34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 01:06 PM
Symon Asher

I will wait until all of the facts come out. Wasn't Cizakas tried for manslaughter?
After the facts came out it was ruled the death was an accident and he received 1 year probation

Symon Asher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 01:11 PM
Hipster Doofus

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodeE View Post
If the facts come to light and it turns out Trivino did sexually assault her, I guarantee 99.9% of the board will stop trying to "justify" this.
I certainly hope so

Old
12-13-2011, 01:12 PM
Sidney the Kidney
Injured Reserve

vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by stranger34 View Post
This is why players with professional aspirations should not go to college. I know i for one would not want the responsibility of potentially ruining my career while also being a college student.

I'd bet this scenario would have been a lot less likely to have occurred in juniors. I'll reserve judgment until he is proven guilty. To me it sounds like drunken shenanigans and there is often more than meets the eye with these kinds of allegations.

I don't think that's accurate. There have been quite a few cases like this involving junior players.

Anytime alcohol is involved, people make stupid decisions. Junior players drink, too, despite the fact that a lot of them are underage.

Sidney the Kidney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 01:12 PM
Hipster Doofus

Quote:
Originally Posted by stranger34 View Post

Breaking and entering and groping is not "drunken shenanigans" and why posters are concerned that its misogyny based justification of a wrong.

Old
12-13-2011, 01:15 PM
Bauer Warrior*

Quote:
Nothing about this looks good. It is futile to apologize for it. All signs point to Trivino being a scum bag. And I feel very comfortable saying that if he were a Ranger prospect, most of this board would have had him hanged last night. This is an embarrassment to the organization, though the Islanders are not to be held accountable for his actions, he is, however, their property. I do understand, "innocent until proven guilty", but none of this looks good. The breaking and entering charge would seem to pre-empt any theory of entrapment.

Bauer Warrior* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 01:21 PM
Hipster Doofus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bauer Warrior View Post
Nothing about this looks good. It is futile to apologize for it. All signs point to Trivino being a scum bag. And I feel very comfortable saying that if he were a Ranger prospect, most of this board would have had him hanged last night. This is an embarrassment to the organization, though the Islanders are not to be held accountable for his actions, he is, however, their property. I do understand, "innocent until proven guilty", but none of this looks good. The breaking and entering charge would seem to pre-empt any theory of entrapment.
According to barstool sports which obtained a copy of the report (I assume), it was his dorm's RA. She came by to tell his dorm to quiet down (which is common now, finals and quiet hours). He then proceeded to repeatedly come back to her room (and do to RA protocols of those on duty, they are supposed to make themselves available) and repeatedly tried forcing his way in and kissing her. He eventually pushed through and began to undress before saying he was gonna sleep in her bed. He finally left and then she texted a friend and cops or some ****. If thats the report, and its true, dude sucks.

Also, there isn't much there that would signal it was made up.

Old
12-13-2011, 01:34 PM
Bauer Warrior*

Quote:
According to barstool sports which obtained a copy of the report (I assume), it was his dorm's RA. She came by to tell his dorm to quiet down (which is common now, finals and quiet hours). He then proceeded to repeatedly come back to her room (and do to RA protocols of those on duty, they are supposed to make themselves available) and repeatedly tried forcing his way in and kissing her. He eventually pushed through and began to undress before saying he was gonna sleep in her bed. He finally left and then she texted a friend and cops or some ****. If thats the report, and its true, dude sucks.

I agree. Just like there's innocense until proof of guilt, there's usually also fire where there's smoke.

Old
12-13-2011, 01:34 PM
Giuseppe Franco

If this is indeed true, I want this ******* to stay as far away as possible from this organization.

Giuseppe Franco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 01:37 PM
Dan-o16

Quote:
It all honestly depends on the extent of the "fondling". Again, if he simply tried to kiss her and maybe grab her butt or something, she pushed him away and told him to get out, that's one thing. If he kept fondling her after she said no, well that's a lot more serious. The problem is, nobody here knows what happened except Trivino and the girl, and that can turn into a "he said she said" game.

Anyone remember the old Chappelle's Show skit about The Love Contract? Chappelle gets a lady into bed but first makes her sign tons of paperwork stating, on the record, that everything is consensual so he can't be charged with ****. That's what kills me about "kiss without consent" (which was quoted in the college hockey news article) - you're not supposed to ask a girl for consent, you're supposed to kiss her and see what happens. I mean, there's a reason the Little Mermaid song is called "Kiss the Girl" and not "Ask the Girl's Permission to See If She's Comfortable With You Kissing The Girl".
There's so much wrong here, that I don't even want to get started. But let me share the gentleman's method for attempting a first kiss:

1. Lean in
2. Look
3. Pause to evaluate feedback (parted lips, closing eyes Good, expression of surprise or disgust BAD). Pause should be long enough for her to reciprocate lean-in (good) or turn her head away (bad).
4. Kiss.

Take special note that neither 'grab' nor 'fondle' appears in any of the above.

Helpfully,

Dan-o

Dan-o16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 01:37 PM
Bauer Warrior*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Symon Asher View Post
I will wait until all of the facts come out. Wasn't Cizakas tried for manslaughter?
After the facts came out it was ruled the death was an accident and he received 1 year probation
There's a difference between an accident and perhaps overreaction, and a persistent, premeditated effort to illegal enter a premise.

Old
12-13-2011, 01:41 PM
stranger34

Quote:
Breaking and entering and groping is not "drunken shenanigans" and why posters are concerned that its misogyny based justification of a wrong.
If it was in fact breaking and entering...

Might be something alot less benign than that and I would be willing to bet that it was. If it was called breaking and entering everytime someone in college pushed open a dorm room door that the inhabitant had intended to close on them...

well we'd have alot more felons

Old
12-13-2011, 01:42 PM
PWJunior
SUCK IT HATERS!

Stupid, stupid, stupid.

With the whole Sandusky thing going on these days and heightened awareness of sexual crimes, Trivino pulls this crap. Dumb.

PWJunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 01:50 PM
stranger34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bauer Warrior View Post
I agree. Just like there's innocense until proof of guilt, there's usually also fire where there's smoke.
Quote:

Sounds like a drunk frat boy to me. Would I want him as a friend? no.

If that's all he did does he deserve to be kicked out of college? Maybe. Up to the university. I wouldn't be opposed to it.

Should he have his hockey career ruined? Not IMO, I have a gut feeling that there are plenty of guys in the NHL who have done worse things. Fact is whether these things get reported or not is very subjective.

Sadly I know plenty of guys who have done things I consider more lewd than that, but because the girls did not want to get them in trouble they weren't reported. Even when I suggested they should.

I'm not condoning it by any means, but if you think this guy is some sort of crazed fiend and the rest of the hockey players out there are tee-totalling gentlemen 100% of the time then well :/

Old
12-13-2011, 02:05 PM
RWWallpaper

Anyone who is trying to justify this, think of it this way...what if it was your sister or girlfriends room be pushed his way into and pulled this ****? Would you still give him the benefit of the doubt?

RWWallpaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 02:10 PM
Bauer Warrior*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWWallpaper View Post
Anyone who is trying to justify this, think of it this way...what if it was your sister or girlfriends room be pushed his way into and pulled this ****? Would you still give him the benefit of the doubt?
Unfortunately, I don't have to imagine that.