12-13-2011, 12:37 PM
bigplay41
BIG MEECH

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to bigplay41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet View Post
Kulda was already out for Jones, no?

Hainsey back is a great thing. Hopefully his cut is properly healed enough that it doesn't open up again. Knowing the Hains' luck (this year) he will block a shot right in the same spot again tonight. *knock on wood.

PS I was really surprised... I was talking with my regular Tuesday hockey hockey buddies and when I mentioned that we've been without our top 2 defencemen this year, they didn't believe that Hainsey was amongst them. I think it really shows how little Winnipeggers (in general) knew about this team heading in. Hainsey has only really played with this team pre-struggles so I don't think they realize what a steadying force he will be back there.

thats what i thought too

Old
12-13-2011, 12:40 PM
GopherState
Repeat Offender...

Good luck guys and gals!

"Will beats skill when skill doesn't have enough will."
-Doug Woog
1974 1976 1979 2002 2003 2014?
Old
12-13-2011, 12:41 PM
bigplay41
BIG MEECH

Quote:
Originally Posted by GopherState View Post
Good luck guys and gals!
cheers to a start to a intense rivalry!!

Old
12-13-2011, 12:43 PM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

Burmi out tonight as well
got banged up in practice

Old
12-13-2011, 12:50 PM
Prot

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Woodballs View Post
What? What the heck?

How bad is this? I hear Buff is out... Antropov again. What is the current state of our injuries?

Old
12-13-2011, 12:53 PM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

11 f 7 d tonight
interesting too see how that shakes down

and this as well
@Russostrib As expected, Nik Backstrom will start for #mnwiId

Old
12-13-2011, 01:01 PM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

here just set everyone off

@russ_sportsguy To activate Ron Hainsey #Jets have placed D Arturs Kulda on waivers.

@IllegalCurve Jets put Kulda on waivers to make room for Hainsey.

Old
12-13-2011, 01:05 PM
Jet
Stand by your man

vCash: 50
Sad. Hopefully he clears. I like what I saw from him this call up.

12-13-2011, 01:05 PM
Romang67
BitterSwede

What? Kulda on waivers? Just get rid of Jones instead...

Old
12-13-2011, 01:06 PM
WJG
Running and Rioting

Kulda on waivers? Can't Flood be sent down without being exposed?

Old
12-13-2011, 01:08 PM
GopherState
Repeat Offender...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigplay41 View Post
cheers to a start to a intense rivalry!!
We'll see.

Old
12-13-2011, 01:14 PM
Lynk
Registered Bro

Quote:
Originally Posted by GopherState View Post
We'll see.
Oh snap.

Old
12-13-2011, 01:22 PM
Jet
Stand by your man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romang67 View Post
There is no way the Jets are going to put Jones on waivers - a guy they went after, one of their first signings, a guy with nearly 1000 games of NHL experience.** EDIT... only 335, thanks Holden A great penalty killer, give it all shot blocker, and guy that really started playing well before getting hurt and was one of the better Jets on Saturday night.

If people can just put aside their preconceived notions about Jones and look at him objectively they wouldn't be tossing him away.

Put it this way: Kulda is 90% going to clear waivers. I honestly believe Jones gets claimed if waived. That shows you what hockey people with huge stakes in this think of the players.

Personally I didn't want to see Kulda waived, I would have rather seen Flood sent down, but I will defer to Jets management. I think they've done a pretty top notch job so far.

Last edited by Jet: 12-13-2011 at 01:51 PM.
Old
12-13-2011, 01:22 PM
grumpy old jet fan
Jets FAN

Quote:

@russ_sportsguy To activate Ron Hainsey #Jets have placed D Arturs Kulda on waivers.

I'd be surprised if Kulda clears waivers. I thought he played solid D for the Jets...

Old
12-13-2011, 01:23 PM
WJG
Running and Rioting

I doubt Kulda clears.

It's much harder to clear waivers during the season (when teams are faced with injuries) than it is at the beginning of the season.

If a guy like Taylor Chorney got claimed, I don't see how Kulda doesn't.

Old
12-13-2011, 01:24 PM
Holden Caulfield
The Eternal Skeptic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke49 View Post
Where did you find this picture????? It's hilarious! What in the world are they looking at?!?
This one is from the Jets site. I am 99% this is right before they start their game of "last puck". That is the game they play at the end of warm-up where they all go in right close to the goalie and 20 guys try to score from basically in the crease. They appear to be looking at someone skating in the with puck to start that game. I thought they looked like they were calling out the entire other team, so I went with that

Quote:

Anybody want to hear the absolute WORST THINGS ABOUT THIS. They send Kulda down on Sunday, and he DOES NOT HAVE TO CLEAR WAIVERS. Are you ****ing kidding me? That is just horrendous, stupidly bad, amateurish player management. I am in shock, this team has shown some really really bad asset management in just a few months, color me not impressed at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WJG View Post
Kulda on waivers? Can't Flood be sent down without being exposed?
Flood would have needed to clear waivers at this point as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romang67 View Post
Wouldn't hear any argument from me on that one. Kulda has played very solid, I do not see him clearing, many teams lack a young solid defensive defenseman. Urgh.

Old
12-13-2011, 01:26 PM
bigplay41
BIG MEECH

Dany heatley shattered the glass in pre game skate lol

Old
12-13-2011, 01:28 PM
Romang67
BitterSwede

Quote:
There is no way the Jets are going to put Jones on waivers - a guy they went after, one of their first signings, a guy with nearly 1000 games of NHL experience. A great penalty killer, give it all shot blocker, and guy that really started playing well before getting hurt and was one of the better Jets on Saturday night.

If people can just put aside their preconceived notions about Jones and look at him objectively they wouldn't be tossing him away.

Put it this way: Kulda is 90% going to clear waivers. I honestly believe Jones gets claimed if waived. That shows you what hockey people with huge stakes in this think of the players.

Personally I didn't want to see Kulda waived, I would have rather seen Flood sent down, but I will defer to Jets management. I think they've done a pretty top notch job so far.
Well, we won't agree about the Kulda vs Jones part, so I'll leave it at that.

Old
12-13-2011, 01:30 PM
WJG
Running and Rioting

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigplay41 View Post
Dany heatley shattered the glass in pre game skate lol
He's a ****ing all-star.

Old
12-13-2011, 01:31 PM
tbcwpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
This one is from the Jets site. I am 99% this is right before they start their game of "last puck". That is the game they play at the end of warm-up where they all go in right close to the goalie and 20 guys try to score from basically in the crease. They appear to be looking at someone skating in the with puck to start that game. I thought they looked like they were calling out the entire other team, so I went with that

Anybody want to hear the absolute WORST THINGS ABOUT THIS. They send Kulda down on Sunday, and he DOES NOT HAVE TO CLEAR WAIVERS. Are you ****ing kidding me? That is just horrendous, stupidly bad, amateurish player management. I am in shock, this team has shown some really really bad asset management in just a few months, color me not impressed at all.

Flood would have needed to clear waivers at this point as well.

Wouldn't hear any argument from me on that one. Kulda has played very solid, I do not see him clearing, many teams lack a young solid defensive defenseman. Urgh.
I'd put some of the blame at the feet of Hainsey/the medical staff, as he probably waited until today or yesterday to tell the team that he was ready to go. If they put Kulda on waivers Sunday, and Hainsey is not ready, they bring him back up.

Old
Minnesota
Global Moderator
L'Étoile du Nord

vCash: 1081
Looking forward to an entertaining game tonight.

Good luck, y'all.

Old
Huffer

vCash: 1090
Quote:
Banged up in practice?? We're talking about practice? Crap!! Can't wait to see the lineup now.

Is Antro and Buff out as well? Yikes.

Quote:

It should go without saying but obviously we have to trust in Jets management on this one.

But in my own person opinion I am not a huge fan of this. I thought Kulda was solid in the pre season and actually had him on our roster. I was nervous the first time we sent him down but was happy he cleared. Since he's been on the Jets, I think he has been pretty solid. Plus, he brings something to the table that we don't have a lot of on the back end. Meanness. Other guys are likely better than him (with the exception of Flood), but I don't think the others bring the nastiness that he does. Plus, at 23, we really could have used him as a 6-7 D man for years.

I'll keep my fingers crossed that he clears. I really think that depending on what happens to Jones and Oduya in the offseason (UFA's), in addition to whatever additions we make via UFA, that he could really have a spot here next season.

Old
12-13-2011, 01:33 PM
WaveRaven

vCash: 300
Wow I thought Kulda looked great ...... We better not lose a young DMan for guys that won't be around in a couple years !

Old
12-13-2011, 01:34 PM
Holden Caulfield
The Eternal Skeptic

Quote:
There is no way the Jets are going to put Jones on waivers - a guy they went after, one of their first signings, a guy with nearly 1000 games of NHL experience. A great penalty killer, give it all shot blocker, and guy that really started playing well before getting hurt and was one of the better Jets on Saturday night.

First of all, how is 335 gp close to a 1000?

I hardly call Jones "a great PKer". He is above average, but his lack of speed does leave him exposed from time to time. He is a guy you have to watch to make sure he does not play against the other teams top players since he does not have the foot speed. He can log 12-14 decent minutes against the 2-4 lines since he is a character guy that works hard and blocks shots, but there is no upside. I think that right now, with Kulda's better skating, passing, and positioning they are pretty much a wash, but Kulda is 22/23 with plenty of upside.

I do not think the Jones "for sure gets claimed" and "Kulda 90% clears" at all. If I am a rebuilding team like Ana, Cbs, Nyi I am liking my chops at adding a young piece like Kulda for free, but I do not see the market for Jones, esspecially at his salary. On any half-way decent team he is a #7, and makes about 4-5K more than he should, which for a cap tight team can be a big difference for a completely unimportant role like a #7 D.

Old
12-13-2011, 01:34 PM
Huffer

vCash: 1090
I thought it would be games played this year that would affect going back through waivers, what is the significance of Sunday, December 11?

Closed Thread