HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Dec 13th, New York Islanders @ Montreal Canadiens 7:30PM EST (RDS HD,TSN-HABS)

Closed Thread

Old
12-13-2011, 02:06 PM
smon

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollie Williams View Post
Seriously. Does it matter how we win? Just win the game. Bore my brains out, but get the W at the end of it.
Right, that's true. But when boring play does not equal results, most fans run around screaming for firings as has been happening around Montreal all season. So that's the risk that a boring coach runs...

Old
12-13-2011, 02:07 PM
Stradale

It almost feels like Martin put Emelin on the wrong side last game so he can play bad and use that reason to scratch him today.

Well his plan worked perfectly.

Also, its not like home games are that entertaining. It might be in the first period but if we have a lead, the game are horrible to watch in the third period.

Old
12-13-2011, 02:10 PM
Ollie Williams

vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kremelin Wall View Post
I would stop watching if we went full out 90's Lemaire New Jersey. So yes, it does matter. At the end of the day people watch hockey to be entertained. If all you care about is winning stick to sports devoid of entertainment like Baseball and Football.
Incorrect, I watch hockey to see the Habs play. If a Lemaire New Jersey system is what we need to win games, I'm all for it. Potentially, we could even get the fake fans who are not "entertained" such as yourself to stop following the games, so that I can have proper discussions with other real fans about what our team needs to do to win. Frankly, getting rid of people asking for the coach's head after every loss is a good place to start to bettering this team.

Old
12-13-2011, 02:11 PM
HeShootsHeScores

It might be true that they end up playing bad because they want to give a show.

I'm no sport psychologist but there is something in sport psychology that is called the flow. The flow is when your mind is in a state where it doesn't have to think too much to do things the perfect way. Mind and body is in perfect balance. The more you focus on giving a show, the greater the chances you end up choking or being distracted.

Think about repeating in your head the first sentence of your oral presentation before it's your turn at school and ending up forgetting the rest of your speech after that first sentence is said. Too much focus on little details. Focus needs to be in the middle of the specturm.

I'm not saying that's what's happening with this team struggle at home, but who knows.

I remember playing my best games when I didn't necessarily expected it or give myself the pressure to do so.

Don't want to come off as a smartass, that's my 2 cents.

Old
12-13-2011, 02:13 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
It almost feels like Martin put Emelin on the wrong side last game so he can play bad and use that reason to scratch him today.

Well his plan worked perfectly.
It wouldn't have anything to do with 3 lefties on the way to the roster in Kaberle, Campoli and Markov(in a few weeks).

I think at some point the defense will loom something like this...

Top 4-not necessarily by pair
Markov(left)-Gorges(right)
Subban(right)-Kaberle(left)

then

Gill/Diaz/Emelin/Weber

I see Campoli getting moved...1-because he is a UFA at season's end 2-because unlike the rookies he wouldn't be happy sitting out games or playing 4th line 3-Kaberle can play #3-4 minutes while Spacek could not 4-we have 5 other LH d-men, 4 of which a veterans.

Old
12-13-2011, 02:15 PM
llamateizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
It wouldn't have anything to do with 3 lefties on the way to the roster in Kaberle, Campoli and Markov(in a few weeks).

I think at some point the defense will loom something like this...

Top 4-not necessarily by pair
Markov(left)-Gorges(right)
Subban(right)-Kaberle(left)

then

Gill/Diaz/Emelin/Weber

I see Campoli getting moved...1-because he is a UFA at season's end 2-because unlike the rookies he wouldn't be happy sitting out games or playing 4th line 3-Kaberle can play #3-4 minutes while Spacek could not 4-we have 5 other LH d-men, 4 of which a veterans.
I would keep Campoli

I have doubts about MArkov and even if he returns, he may get injured after trade deadline date

Old
12-13-2011, 02:19 PM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyrettaBlaze View Post
If not mistaken, he said that after being asked about scratching Emelin. So basically, all Emelin provided was entertainment and that's why he was scratched?
If I'm not mistaken, fans took it out of context and tried to spin it that way, and the media. I don't think it was like "Emelin is scratched because blah blah blah"

Old
12-13-2011, 02:19 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewBACHa View Post
I would keep Campoli

I have doubts about MArkov and even if he returns, he may get injured after trade deadline date
So you sit Weber, Diaz and Emelin every game?

If you keep Campoli and Gill as your #5-6 you set yourself up for some tough decisions next summer because your rookies will barely play.

Markov could get re injured but for this year you have to gamble that he will be back, even with Campoli gone you have 8 guys that can play at NHl level, 9 with St.Denis.

Old
12-13-2011, 02:21 PM
Habitant#1

My first game at the Bell Centre in 2 years (I live in Australia) and Emelin gets benched!!

Old
12-13-2011, 02:34 PM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habitant#1 View Post
My first game at the Bell Centre in 2 years (I live in Australia) and Emelin gets benched!!
Suck it up. Last year, I paid front-seat tickets for the ottawa game (like, next to the ice) and Subban was benched!

It happens. Just enjoy Kaberle and Subban

Old
12-13-2011, 02:38 PM
HankyZetts
Twi2ted

Quote:
Originally Posted by SergeConstantin74 View Post
What about this Martin quote?

MAGodin Marc Antoine Godin
Jacques Martin et la leçon à tirer des difficultés à domicile: "Il faut essayer de moins 'entertainer' nos partisans."
12 minutes ago

Martin says the team is trying too much to entertain the fans at home.

Basically he wants them to play a more boring but efficient style at home.

Hahaha, do you even realize what you are typing? We have like 4 wins at home and you are criticizing the coach for saying we are trying to do too much? Get a freaking clue you guys! "Boring" most overused word on this board. I don't give a **** if you're bored, I want some W's!

Old
12-13-2011, 02:41 PM
HankyZetts
Twi2ted

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kremelin Wall View Post
Hopefully Budaj starts and Kaberle-Campoli are -100. Martin is a God damn retard.
Hopefully you stop posting garbage like this. Won't hold my breathe though, as we'll likely both be disappointed relative to our "hopes"..

Old
12-13-2011, 02:46 PM
x74Pacioretty74x

Quote:
Incorrect, I watch hockey to see the Habs play. If a Lemaire New Jersey system is what we need to win games, I'm all for it. Potentially, we could even get the fake fans who are not "entertained" such as yourself to stop following the games, so that I can have proper discussions with other real fans about what our team needs t
o do to win. Frankly, getting rid of
people asking for the coach's head after every loss is a good place to start to bettering this team.
thank you. Someone had to say all that and I agree 100%, I watch too see the Habs play/win and have no reason to complain about their system. You say it's boring yet there has yet to be 1 game this season(and I've watched all of them) that I haven't been entertained throughout the entire game. GO HABS GO!

Old
12-13-2011, 02:51 PM
mrcontractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SergeConstantin74 View Post
What about this Martin quote?

MAGodin Marc Antoine Godin
Jacques Martin et la leçon à tirer des difficultés à domicile: "Il faut essayer de moins 'entertainer' nos partisans."
12 minutes ago

Martin says the team is trying too much to entertain the fans at home.

Basically he wants them to play a more boring but efficient style at home.

Entertained ? We haven't been entertained since he took over this team. Boring as hell hockey. The fans pay the big bucks to see entertainment.

Old
12-13-2011, 02:52 PM
Megaforce

Prediction Kab the Hab - 2 more assists.

Old
12-13-2011, 02:55 PM
Stradale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi2teD View Post
Hahaha, do you even realize what you are typing? We have like 4 wins at home and you are criticizing the coach for saying we are trying to do too much? Get a freaking clue you guys! "Boring" most overused word on this board. I don't give a **** if you're bored, I want some W's!
Just because the coach said it, doesn't mean its the truth.

We played against the worst team in the league last week, I was at the Bell center and believe me, it wasn't an entertaining game. Nobody on the team was trying to be fancy and spectacular and we still lost the game.

Old
12-13-2011, 02:55 PM
bcv
My french sucks.

Quote:
Incorrect, I watch hockey to see the Habs play. If a Lemaire New Jersey system is what we need to win games, I'm all for it. Potentially, we could even get the fake fans who are not "entertained" such as yourself to stop following the games, so that I can have proper discussions with other real fans about what our team needs to do to win. Frankly, getting rid of people asking for the coach's head after every loss is a good place to start to bettering this team.
Well, the difference between you and me is simply that not only am I a fan of the Habs, but I am a fan of hockey. I watch plenty of other games, and if the game is boring I switch to the next game. I watch it to be entertained, not the watch some team win it, sure I have a bias for some teams (mainly the Habs) but here is a way to win games and be entertaining, don't you think?

Old
12-13-2011, 02:57 PM
Jigger77

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs4life74 View Post
thank you. Someone had to say all that and I agree 100%, I watch too see the Habs play/win and have no reason to complain about their system. You say it's boring yet there has yet to be 1 game this season(and I've watched all of them) that I haven't been entertained throughout the entire game. GO HABS GO!
Amen!

I love this team and as long as anyone is coaching them or wearing the jersey they have my support. Go Habs! Let's get back into the playoff picture and stay there. (and if we weed out some of these "fans" in the process all the better).

Old
12-13-2011, 03:02 PM
Ollie Williams

vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcv View Post
Well, the difference between you and me is simply that not only am I a fan of the Habs, but I am a fan of hockey. I watch plenty of other games, and if the game is boring I switch to the next game. I watch it to be entertained, not the watch some team win it, sure I have a bias for some teams (mainly the Habs) but here is a way to win games and be entertaining, don't you think?
I never said there wasn't. But I do say that a team doesn't have to be "entertaining" to win. I want my team to win with whatever play style they choose. The Habs with the W at the end of the game is what is important and not who got bored watching them. I would rather they be boring as hell but winners, than entertaining as hell but losers.

Old
12-13-2011, 03:03 PM
The Kremelin Wall*
the krEMELIN wall

Quote:
Yes, getting rid of fans will make the Habs win. Genius suggestion.

If anything getting rid of "real" fans like you would make this team better, as management would be forced to make moves that are necessary. Martin has lost several players confidence, there's no way this team will ever be successful with him at the helm.

Old
12-13-2011, 03:06 PM
Jigger77

Quote:
I never said there wasn't. But I do say that a team doesn't have to be "entertaining" to win. I want my team to win with whatever play style they choose. The Habs with the W at the end of the game is what is important and not who got bored watching them. I would rather they be boring as hell but winners, than entertaining as hell but losers.
Besides. Boring is thrown around here like it doesn't mean anything. I don't find the Habs boring to watch at all. Maybe people need to find a new sport if they find it boring. I think we have a fast skilled team that is very solid defensively and now that we have a PP Qb personally I find watching the Habs far from boring.

Old
12-13-2011, 03:10 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigger77 View Post
Besides. Boring is thrown around here like it doesn't mean anything. I don't find the Habs boring to watch at all. Maybe people need to find a new sport if they find it boring. I think we have a fast skilled team that is very solid defensively and now that we have a PP Qb personally I find watching the Habs far from boring.
I actually find the Habs a little boring on the road, game plan is totally different and most teams are a little more conservative on the road. Fans going to the game need to start being louder and bringing more energy in the building

Old
12-13-2011, 03:12 PM
WestIslander

When the defense is 100% healthy:

Markov - Emelin
Kaberle - Subban
Campoli - Gorges
Gill

Weber traded and Diaz to Hamilton

Old
12-13-2011, 03:13 PM
Jigger77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
I actually find the Habs a little boring on the road, game plan is totally different and most teams are a little more conservative on the road. Fans going to the game need to start being louder and bringing more energy in the building
That's pretty normal. I think every team tends to play a more conservative game on the road.

Old
12-13-2011, 03:14 PM
The Kremelin Wall*
the krEMELIN wall

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestIslander View Post
When the defense is 100% healthy:

Markov - Emelin
Kaberle - Subban
Campoli - Gorges
Gill

Weber traded and Diaz to Hamilton
Kaberle on the bottom pairing would be better. You're really going to hurt Subbans game if you place him with Kaberle. That's a strange lineup, 6 left D 1 right D. Should keep Diaz up and move Campoli.

Closed Thread