HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Notices

Brian Burke can't get on the same page as Regier

Old
12-12-2011, 05:46 PM
dire wolf
be cool

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cardiffgiant View Post
The real question is, have we had a trade with Phoenix after fleecing them for:

To Buffalo:
-Tellqvist
-Giant white scarf

To Phoenix:
-4th Round Pick 2010

Scarf was the best player in the deal. It was worth a 3rd by itself

dire wolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 06:43 AM
HiddenInLight

I think that regier ends up on top more times then not when it comes to a big deal, and he's a hard bargainer. Id rather have that then a guy that would trade Roy for Gomez or something stupid like that.

HiddenInLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 07:34 AM
BuzzKillington90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cognito View Post
Yeah no kidding, it's like we've had the same team since 07-08 with minor changes and expect a different result(The definition of insanity i might add). So what does Mr.Pegula do when he get's to Buffalo? Hires a slick salesmen in Ted Black and keeps everything the same. I won't pull any punches he should of fired both Ruff and Regier and he should stay out of personnel decisions in the future if he wants to make good on his dream of winning a cup.
I disagree completely.

Since Pegula bought the team we brought in Robyn Regehr and Christian Ehrhoff. Two premier defensemen.....oh and Leino....a forward.

The amount of money spent to actually GET those two players are not something the Regier of old would have or could have done. Pegula gave Regier a shot backed by unlimited resources save the salary cap....He added pretty well so far.

Lindy Ruff, I have my doubts about him....The lack of hustle by the veterans is a little disconcerting. However...Pegula was not about to fire him without giving him a chance with some backup from Regier.

So far Pegula has done more then I could have expected, and honestly I WANT him in personnel decisions...he seems like the kinda guy who says "Who him? Yea I want him...Gonna go get him now...see ya when I get back"

BuzzKillington90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 11:43 AM
Rob Paxon
Z E M G U S

Send a message via AIM to Rob Paxon
Quote:
Yeah no kidding, it's like we've had the same team since 07-08 with minor changes and expect a different result(The definition of insanity i might add). So what does Mr.Pegula do when he get's to Buffalo? Hires a slick salesmen in Ted Black and keeps everything the same. I won't pull any punches he should of fired both Ruff and Regier and he should stay out of personnel decisions in the future if he wants to make good on his dream of winning a cup.
Firing Ruff and promoting Dineen would arguably have been the right move, but it might be hard to have upgraded on Darcy.

Rob Paxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 11:47 AM
Zip15

vCash: 50
Quote:
Keeps everything the same? Regehr? Ehrhoff? Leino? Sorry, that's not more of the same. We weren't seeing moves like that in the late years of the Golisano/Quinn era.

Zip15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 11:48 AM
joshjull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip15 View Post
Keeps everything the same? Regehr? Ehrhoff? Leino? Sorry, that's not more of the same. We weren't seeing moves like that in the late years of the Golisano/Quinn era.
Don't forget Boyes. In the Golisano/Quinn era we never added payroll after the season started. Payroll had to go out for a contract to come in at the deadline.

joshjull is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 04:03 PM
Disenfranchised*

Quote:
And out of the three the only one that was truly a need and necessary was Regehr. I don't think you want to argue the point that a soft left winger, and another offensive defensemen were really needed. Unless you do...?

Disenfranchised* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 04:06 PM
indigoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian_griffin View Post
Sophia Jurksztowicz - it's in the first sentence
I know that's her name, I have never heard of her though. So I thought maybe someone would know who she is affiliated. Turns out, I found out through some simple searching after the fact.

indigoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 04:14 PM
Zip15

vCash: 50
Quote:
And out of the three the only one that was truly a need and necessary was Regehr. I don't think you want to argue the point that a soft left winger, and another offensive defensemen were really needed. Unless you do...?
Oh please, you painted yourself into a corner and got called on it by everyone. When were we signing guys like Ehrhoff and Leino, or trading for Robyn Regehr in the later years of Quinn/Golisano? We weren't. Now you're trying to change the argument and it's quite transparent.

BTW, I'll take a guy with the offensive track record of Ehrhoff at a $4m cap hit every day of the week. Leino was more or a risk, and it hasn't yet paid dividends, but don't try to tell me those moves were "more of the same," when those signings/trades were a stark departure from the practices of the last few years.

Zip15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 06:26 PM
Disenfranchised*

Quote:
Oh please, you painted yourself into a corner and got called on it by everyone. When were we signing guys like Ehrhoff and Leino, or trading for Robyn Regehr in the later years of Quinn/Golisano? We weren't. Now you're trying to change the argument and it's quite transparent.

BTW, I'll take a guy with the offensive track record of Ehrhoff at a $4m cap hit every day of the week. Leino was more or a risk, and it hasn't yet paid dividends, but don't try to tell me those moves were "more of the same," when those signings/trades were a stark departure from the practices of the last few years.
Not at all, they were minor changes when putting the makeup of the core in context. However it's hilarious that you think a soft LW, another puck moving defensemen were major. It shows you are out of touch with what is required to win a cup. For starters lets get a real first line center and build from there.

Disenfranchised* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 06:31 PM
Maximrules

well regier hasn't assembled a stanley cup winner and has made a ton of questionable deadline trades. so as far as i'm concerned, he's a failure

Maximrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 08:14 PM
Slapshot85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loods View Post
Regier values his players higher than most GMs. That's why he generally wins his trades. He stands pat and finds the best value for his guys.
What trades has he actually "won"? When has he actually made a big trade before this year? Reiger does a solid job in scouting players when it comes to the draft, but he just seems scared to let go of his talent for other talent. He seems to lack a feel to when the team needs to make a move, and who needs to be moved.

Last edited by Slapshot85: 12-13-2011 at 08:28 PM.
Slapshot85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 08:39 PM
Cirris

Send a message via Yahoo to Cirris
I wish he would trade 3-4 of these dime a dozen wingers for a god damn bon-a-fide Center.

Cirris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 08:41 PM
Rebuild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slapshot85 View Post
What trades has he actually "won"? When has he actually made a big trade before this year? Reiger does a solid job in scouting players when it comes to the draft, but he just seems scared to let go of his talent for other talent. He seems to lack a feel to when the team needs to make a move, and who needs to be moved.

"Dateline: BUFFALO, N.Y. The Buffalo Sabres acquired center Chris Drury in a four-player, three- team trade Thursday involving the Calgary Flames and Colorado Avalanche.
The Sabres traded defenseman Rhett Warrener and center Steve Reinprecht, acquired earlier in the day from Colorado. Buffalo also acquired center Steve Begin from Calgary.

In the deal for Reinprecht, the Sabres traded defenseman Keith Ballard _ their first-round pick in the 2002 draft _ to Colorado."

See also " Following a 2-2 tie with the Colorado Avalanche on March 10, 2003, then-general manager Mike Barnett informed Brière that he'd been traded to Buffalo for center Chris Gratton in a deal that also included draft picks."

When He deal players as opposed to a pick at the deadline, he tends to do pretty well.

Rebuild is offline   Reply With Quote