HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Hockey Talk by Country > Finland

SM-liiga in English @ Jatkoaika.com

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-14-2011, 10:11 PM
  #1
Jussi
I am siege face
 
Jussi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Finland
Posts: 43,276
vCash: 612
SM-liiga in English @ Jatkoaika.com

http://keskustelu.jatkoaika.com/showthread.php?t=51160

For the non-Finnish speaking people here. Once you get past the inside humor bits, there might be actual information there. Or not.

Jussi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 12:16 AM
  #2
Komarov47
Registered User
 
Komarov47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Helsinki
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,602
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussi View Post
http://keskustelu.jatkoaika.com/showthread.php?t=51160

For the non-Finnish speaking people here. Once you get past the inside humor bits, there might be actual information there. Or not.
Nice ! Even if Google Chrome translate automatically in english finnish and swedish page for me, it's always cool to have local fans news.

Komarov47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 08:05 AM
  #3
Omark
Registered User
 
Omark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Espoo, Finland
Country: Finland
Posts: 45
vCash: 500
Well, idea is pretty good but execution not... Jatkoaika is very good forum but that english topic has been so far a fiasco... Everybody is just joking there our inside-jokes that nobody foreigner don't understand...

Hopeful "jokes" come to an end soon and they start real discussion.

Omark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 02:11 PM
  #4
Jussi
I am siege face
 
Jussi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Finland
Posts: 43,276
vCash: 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omark View Post
Well, idea is pretty good but execution not... Jatkoaika is very good forum but that english topic has been so far a fiasco... Everybody is just joking there our inside-jokes that nobody foreigner don't understand...

Hopeful "jokes" come to an end soon and they start real discussion.
Indeed. I know several posters here are registered there as well, perhaps they could forward people's questions presented here to that thread?

Jussi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 06:16 PM
  #5
Juzmo
rip
 
Juzmo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Country: Finland
Posts: 37,171
vCash: 6969
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussi View Post
Indeed. I know several posters here are registered there as well, perhaps they could forward people's questions presented here to that thread?
Köyliön Ässä at your service.

Juzmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 06:36 PM
  #6
Jussi
I am siege face
 
Jussi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Finland
Posts: 43,276
vCash: 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juzmo View Post
Köyliön Ässä at your service.
Well if you happen to watch Wednesday's Jokerit-Ässät game, perhaps you could share your views on the prospects playing in that game and how they played?

Jussi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2011, 08:55 AM
  #7
Latex*
DM is good
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Helsinki,Helsingfors
Posts: 5,551
vCash: 500
Ahahahah, just look how well this turned out

Latex* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2011, 09:05 AM
  #8
Juzmo
rip
 
Juzmo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Country: Finland
Posts: 37,171
vCash: 6969
Quote:
Originally Posted by LatexiKledjut View Post
Ahahahah, just look how well this turned out
Putting spoons into people and burning local witches.

Can't get much better than that.

Juzmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2011, 09:24 AM
  #9
Latex*
DM is good
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Helsinki,Helsingfors
Posts: 5,551
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juzmo View Post
Putting spoons into people and burning local witches.

Can't get much better than that.
Indeed.

Latex* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 03:25 AM
  #10
gib
Registered User
 
gib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Country: Finland
Posts: 630
vCash: 500
I am against this.

SM-liiga should be played in finnish not in english! In english they already have leg ball clubs like ManU and Liverpool, but we have only S&M-liiga. Why should english have it all? Ice disc game must be preserved in finnish.

gib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 03:40 AM
  #11
Haite
x
 
Haite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 3,866
vCash: 2465
Quote:
Originally Posted by gib View Post
I am against this.

SM-liiga should be played in finnish not in english! In english they already have leg ball clubs like ManU and Liverpool, but we have only S&M-liiga. Why should english have it all? Ice disc game must be preserved in finnish.
I think you might've understood something wrong.

Haite is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 04:01 AM
  #12
gib
Registered User
 
gib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Country: Finland
Posts: 630
vCash: 500
I have understood something is wrong. S&M-liiga in english is wrong! English dont have tradition in ice puck. Finnish have tradition. In the winter ice puck mangers are found in every town. Is this the case in english? It is not.

gib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 05:38 AM
  #13
Faerun
Registered User
 
Faerun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Helsinki
Country: Finland
Posts: 62
vCash: 509
sigh... and to be honest england got more olympic gold medals in hockey then finland so even if they were just canadians wearing british colours

Faerun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 05:53 AM
  #14
SoupyFIN
Moderator
Lu ♥
 
SoupyFIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Country: Finland
Posts: 20,143
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by gib View Post
In english they already have leg ball clubs like ManU and Liverpool, but we have only S&M-liiga. Why should english have it all? Ice disc game must be preserved in finnish.
You do realise that English is spoken also in North-America?

SoupyFIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 06:56 AM
  #15
Finnpin
Registered User
 
Finnpin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Helsinki
Country: Finland
Posts: 8,665
vCash: 500
You guys got it wrong...gib just tries to be as "funny" as the posters in the Jatkoaika english thread

Finnpin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 08:58 AM
  #16
Jussi
I am siege face
 
Jussi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Finland
Posts: 43,276
vCash: 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnpin View Post
You guys got it wrong...gib just tries to be as "funny" as the posters in the Jatkoaika english thread
Yes, it has now turned instead of an insight to Finnish hockey into an insight to Finnish sense of humor. Never before has the term "jump the shark" been more appropriate.

Jussi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 05:49 PM
  #17
FiLe
Mr. Know-It-Nothing
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Country: Finland
Posts: 2,922
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussi View Post
Yes, it has now turned instead of an insight to Finnish hockey into an insight to Finnish sense of humor.
So... that's where it went. And now I kinda hope it'd stayed lost.

FiLe is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:42 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.