HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Notices

Corey Trivino Arrested

Old
12-13-2011, 02:38 PM
beLIever

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeZebra View Post
didn't Theo Fleury have alcohol problems?
Alcohol and drugs. He is also one of Graham James' sexual abuse victims.

beLIever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 03:15 PM
stranger34

I think the responsible and classy thing for the Islanders Organization to do is offer him rehab and then decide the plans for his future once he is clean. May turn out he can't handle the lifestyle and will quit on his own accord.

Kick him to the curb and the organization takes the easy way out, the kid could spiral further and harm both himself and others.

stranger34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 03:28 PM
PWJunior
Beware the POOP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stranger34 View Post
I think the responsible and classy thing for the Islanders Organization to do is offer him rehab and then decide the plans for his future once he is clean. May turn out he can't handle the lifestyle and will quit on his own accord.

Kick him to the curb and the organization takes the easy way out, the kid could spiral further and harm both himself and others.
Trivino needs to seek out rehab for himself. If he doesn't realize now that he's got a problem, then good riddance.

I don't think the Islanders have any responsibility to try and correct HIS mistakes.

Here are two articles about the incident which gives a little more insight.

http://dailyfreepress.com/2011/12/13...hockey-team-2/

http://dailyfreepress.com/2011/12/13...cohol-problem/

PWJunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 03:30 PM
islesfan3991

Send a message via Yahoo to islesfan3991
Unbelievable. Had everything going for him and he finds a way to mess everything up. Guess he has to learn the hard way.

islesfan3991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 04:01 PM
VT Isles Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by islesfan3991 View Post
Unbelievable. Had everything going for him and he finds a way to mess everything up. Guess he has to learn the hard way.
Think of how many kids playing hockey would love to have a scholarship at a Divison I school and Trivino just threw it all away. Hopefully he gets the help he obviously needs.

VT Isles Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 04:14 PM
Bauer Warrior*

Quote:

Cory Trivino is New York Islander property, not New York Islander responsibility. Sometimes the best intentions hamper the helper more than they help the problem. Often, the easy way out is the best way out. The Islanders owe this guy nothing. If he's guilty, he owes that girl infinitely, and the law has to keep a close eye on him. If he actually did all he's accused of doing, guys [not kids] like Trivino are extremely dangerous.

Bauer Warrior* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 04:16 PM
Dan-o16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bauer Warrior View Post
Sometimes the best intentions hamper the helper more than they help the problem.
Now where have I heard that before? #beenthroughdat

Cheers,

Dan-o

Dan-o16 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 04:26 PM
Oxim Oresi

I don't care until convicted.

Oxim Oresi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 04:50 PM
GeorgeHamiltonsTan

oh this is just too much lol
am i the only one who thinks the "party like a puckstar" is 100 x's worse than whts being alleged here? that alone shouldve had him banned from ever playing hockey again, just aweful lol whatta tool bag.

at first i was thinkin ok perhaps this chick over-rotated a lil bit but after hearing the bangin *****es like a terrier nonsense, it makes sense to call the authorities when whitey mchonkey comes kickin in yer door. whatta dope.

GeorgeHamiltonsTan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 05:34 PM
Renbarg

Quote:
Trivino then returned a third time and banged loudly on the door, according to the report. The victim said in the report that she needed to open the door as part of her RA duties.
The guy is clearly a tool. However something is not sitting right with the RA's story. He tries to do something with her TWICE and she lets him in a third time? RA duties my ass, if someone does that to you twice and its clearly him at the door you are not letting him in under any circumstances. To me, that's an attempt at rationalizing afterwards to fit a narrative. If I am a defense lawyer I am salivating if this is in fact what she told cops.

Last edited by Renbarg: 12-13-2011 at 05:41 PM.
Renbarg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 06:09 PM
Bauer Warrior*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan-o16 View Post
Now where have I heard that before? #beenthroughdat

Cheers,

Dan-o
Uh oh, did I plagiarize?

Old
12-13-2011, 06:13 PM
Hipster Doofus

Quote:
Originally Posted by VT Isles Fan View Post
Think of how many kids playing hockey would love to have a scholarship at a Divison I school and Trivino just threw it all away. Hopefully he gets the help he obviously needs.
Did you eat all the food on your plate cause your mom said kids were starving?

Hipster Doofus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 06:14 PM
IslandersFan17

From what I understood Trivino was having a solid year this year really stinks to see this happening to such a young kid.

IslandersFan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 06:15 PM
Hipster Doofus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bauer Warrior View Post
Cory Trivino is New York Islander property, not New York Islander responsibility. Sometimes the best intentions hamper the helper more than they help the problem. Often, the easy way out is the best way out. The Islanders owe this guy nothing. If he's guilty, he owes that girl infinitely, and the law has to keep a close eye on him. If he actually did all he's accused of doing, guys [not kids] like Trivino are extremely dangerous.
I agree with this to some extent. I think its tough to play armchair psychologist. Some people would respond well to it, others less so.

Old
12-13-2011, 06:18 PM
Hipster Doofus

Quote:

This is what a competent justice system should do. I would not have any issues if they went this route, but its a shame that there are people with far less going for them who will get kicked to the curb instead of getting help.

Old
12-13-2011, 06:27 PM
Bauer Warrior*

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslandersFan17 View Post
From what I understood Trivino was having a solid year this year really stinks to see this happening to such a young kid.
Nothing happened to him. He was the perpetrator and he victimized someone. He was not the victim here. It's not like this was any kind of accident. He wasn't in a car wreck, it was not an on-ice incident, he premeditated a plan and acted on it. If he was going to be a good hockey player, it sucks for us as fans, and the organization, but it doesn't suck for him. This is a situation that he created.

Old
12-13-2011, 08:03 PM
Dutch Frost
Everything is Fine!!

vCash: 1130
Ah Billy Tibbets did the same thing and was still playing in the NHL

We dont know the facts yet, I have covered many criminal cases in my time working in TV. He could be found innocent

Dutch Frost is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 08:12 PM
beLIever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Frost View Post

We dont know the facts yet, I have covered many criminal cases in my time working in TV. He could be found innocent
I doubt it will get that far; he'll either plead guilty to some of the lesser charges or plead no contest and get community service. But what we do know is that the guy has a real alcohol problem, per his coach. The islanders don't need that.

beLIever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 08:14 PM
Dutch Frost
Everything is Fine!!

vCash: 1130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanof31 View Post
I doubt it will get that far; he'll either plead guilty to some of the lesser charges or plead no contest and get community service. But what we do know is that the guy has a real alcohol problem, per his coach. The islanders don't need that.
If he gets his act together, second chances, come back story = crowd pleaser.

Dutch Frost is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 08:29 PM
Bauer Warrior*

Quote:

Nice goal by Bailey!

Anyway, Tibbets was guilty of Statutory ****. Which is still not good, but this appears to have the earmarks of attempted aggrivated ****. Also not good.

Old
12-13-2011, 08:31 PM
Bauer Warrior*

Quote:
If he gets his act together, second chances, come back story = crowd pleaser.
Not for this. This is not a tragedy to the player.

Old
12-13-2011, 09:11 PM
BelovedIsles

Send a message via AIM to BelovedIsles
So much for those gaudy stats, eh.

BelovedIsles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 09:31 PM
redbull
BeLIeve in miracles!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelovedIsles View Post
So much for those gaudy stats, eh.
we've come to take hockey players for granted somewhat. Stories like this are so rare in hockey. Typically, you hear nothing but great things, how they are focused, how they are committed to becoming the best they can, etc.

Sounds like this guy's lacked focus on his hockey for a few years already. Regardless of good numbers/bad numbers, it appears that he hasn't been the model player/prospect/athlete and this appears to be the last straw.

Regardless of whether he's guilty, expelled from school, does jail time or community service, he's off the team and his career is in jeopardy. The facts will come out and justice will be served in some way. I hope the victim, who's lost in all this, is okay, physically and mentally because that's the real tragedy here. If any of you have daughters, well, let's just say that Trivino's alleged actions wouldn't be a hockey story.

This doesn't look good and I don't think it will end well for Trivino.

redbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 09:32 PM
BeantownHockey19

just saw on the news that this isnt the first time hes been alcohol related trouble but the fourth time. will be interesting to see how this plays out

BeantownHockey19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 10:27 PM
VT Isles Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hipster Doofus View Post
Did you eat all the food on your plate cause your mom said kids were starving?
Your comparison makes no sense whatsoever. So Trivino should throw away the opportunity of a lifetime, which could lead to a profitable career, just because he can?

VT Isles Fan is offline   Reply With Quote