HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Nucks call up Balej

Closed Thread

Old
12-05-2005, 08:35 AM
HAPPY HOUR

vCash: 500
Nucks call up Balej

Reported by the Winnipeg Sun

Old
12-05-2005, 08:37 AM
HAPPY HOUR

gets an assist last night in Vancouvers 5-2 win against the Bruins..

Old
12-05-2005, 09:11 AM
kovalev27hf

this was an awful trade i really like balej

Old
12-05-2005, 09:16 AM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovalev27hf
this was an awful trade i really like balej

I thought rangers are hard working players and we dealt for a lazy player cause Fedor Fedorov has a brother in the NHL Id rather have Jarkko Ruutu.

Old
12-05-2005, 10:20 AM
Peter

vCash: 50
Balej played just over 7 minutes for us last night and I have to say he played hard every shift and was not afraid to take shots on the net...unlike our #1 center Mr. Morrison.

While I don't think Balej is going to bump anyone off the team this year he looks to be a good replacement (talent wise not positionally) for Chubarov. With the roster changes that will inevitably take place this summer Mr. Balej may find himself a full-time job next year IF he keeps up the hard work and stays consistant.

Personally, I would rather have Balej right now that Goren on our team but we can send Balej down without going on waivers....

Old
12-05-2005, 10:31 AM
Olympic nut

Send a message via AIM to 007 Send a message via MSN to 007
Yeah, Balej will work hard and shoot the puck, he has trouble getting that sucker in the net, though. At this point, however, I really would rather have him around than FedFed.

Old
12-05-2005, 12:09 PM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

vCash: 566
Federov vs Balej

I was at the Bridgeport Hartford game last night. Federov is a BIG kid and I think that's a huge(no punn intended) reason why they made the deal for him. I was right behind the penalty box and when he came in for his two minute hooking penalty you could really see how big he is. I'd also like to add that the penalty also occured right in front of me. It was a bad call. Federov's size and strenght literally pushed the Bridgeport player off the puck and down to the ice. Talent wise, he and Balej are comparably equal. But if Federov puts his game together, combined with his size, he could emerge as a quality player in the NHL. IMO his greatest obstacle is probably a mental one. He also might be too bulked up and loosing some size might help him become a quicker player.

Old
12-05-2005, 01:28 PM
Firefly

Send a message via AIM to Firefly Send a message via Skype™ to Firefly
Balej played himself off the team, plain and simple, no reason to blame anyone but him and his play.

Old
12-05-2005, 03:31 PM
Olympic nut

Send a message via AIM to 007 Send a message via MSN to 007
Quote:
Originally Posted by vipernsx
I was at the Bridgeport Hartford game last night. Federov is a BIG kid and I think that's a huge(no punn intended) reason why they made the deal for him. I was right behind the penalty box and when he came in for his two minute hooking penalty you could really see how big he is. I'd also like to add that the penalty also occured right in front of me. It was a bad call. Federov's size and strenght literally pushed the Bridgeport player off the puck and down to the ice. Talent wise, he and Balej are comparably equal. But if Federov puts his game together, combined with his size, he could emerge as a quality player in the NHL. IMO his greatest obstacle is probably a mental one. He also might be too bulked up and loosing some size might help him become a quicker player.
If Federov were to put his game together and make an effort, the Rangers would win this trade hands down. I just don't trust him to do so, and if he doesn't, the Canucks win this one. Balej trying is more effective than Federov floating.

Closed Thread