HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

3 Stars & GBR: Game 28 vs. Dallas Stars

View Poll Results: 3 Stars?
Artem Anisimov 2 3.39%
Ryan Callahan 0 0%
Michael Del Zotto 21 35.59%
Brandon Dubinsky 8 13.56%
Steve Eminger 11 18.64%
Ruslan Fedotenko 0 0%
Marian Gaborik 2 3.39%
Dan Girardi 3 5.08%
Carl Hagelin 6 10.17%
Henrik Lundqvist 57 96.61%
Ryan McDonagh 9 15.25%
Brad Richards 0 0%
Derek Stepan 2 3.39%
Anton Stralman 23 38.98%
Other 1 1.69%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Old
12-13-2011, 08:39 PM
Fataldogg

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by darko View Post
Why not? He did nothing tonight.
So did the other 11 forwards. Why focus on him? He played a few minutes.

The real issue, Dubinsky. Bench him. He is getting paid $4.25 million and has 1 goal in 28 games. Say all you want about his "grinding" but Christensen has better goal production numbers than Dubinsky (1 in 18). Dubinsky, at this point, should be the focus of everyone's scrutiny. Not a 4th line player filling in for another 4th line player.

Fataldogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 08:40 PM
RangersDif

Garbage play by Woywitka, you knew the goal was gonna come when he made that **** play. Also, I'm getting tired of Boyle prancing around like an ogre without any control out there making stupid plays and missing the net.

Strålman played good I think.

Towards the end, Richards looked like he missed Dallas, especially on our powerplay and when we pulled the goalie. He didn't look good at all in the end.

RangersDif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 08:40 PM
IBleedNYRBlue

Hank and Del Zotto...that's it.

Woywitka was a complete joke. What a terrible pass to no one but the Stars and then looking like a deer in the headlights before the goal.

IBleedNYRBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 08:41 PM
SnowblindNYR

Didn't show up. Had one really good chance and that's it. Played the entire game like they didn't give a ****. Only Lundqvist deserves a star in this game. The Stars had fewer shots on goal but by far the better chances. To whoever said we were the better team, what were you watching? Disgraceful game.

SnowblindNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Fataldogg

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeWillWinTonight View Post
Can we be done with EC now and put Boyle on 4th line.

Typicla top 2 lines, Hagelin Dubinsky Mitch, and then a fourth line or Boyle Prust Rupp/Avery
Dubinsky should be on 4th line getting less than 10 minutes per game. Same with Boyle.

Old
SomebodySaveKreider

I thought Stralman and Hank were very good.

They should've been throwing the puck to the net and getting bodies in to knock in rebounds. Way too much looking for the perfect play. Sometimes that style works, but when its not working, its time to try something else.

Not enough PP time for Gaborik. I actually think he should've been with Richards on the 4 on 4.

Woywitka with the Redden. Brutal, BRUTAL turnover.

Boyle is a dolt.

And I think we need to send a search party to go and look for Dubinsky, because he's been MIA all season. He's been getting his chance on the PP and being bumped up to the Richards/Callahan line and he did absolutely nothing.

SomebodySaveKreider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo

When the hell are we going to see Hagelin with Richards/Callahan?

I understand bringing him along slowly. I guess...

But at the same time it's not like he's green/raw or something.

BroadwayBlues is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
satrabyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRFAN218 View Post
Am I the only one that thought there could have been an interference call on that goal? The guy who had the puck that just dished it away barreled right over Dubinsky and took him out of the play.

Anyway, my three stars are Stralman, Del Zotto, and Lundqvist. Hank played a great game as usual and Stralman and Del Zotto both played strong games. DZ's really improved on the defensive side of the puck and Stralman moved the puck tonight extremely well.

It's games like tonight why I wish they would REDUCE games against the Western Conference, not increase them.
Honestly the games are always terrible between conferances. I dont like the idea of playing these teams twice now, not at all. Too much feeling out and trap hockey.

satrabyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

I thought the Rangers did a great job breaking Dallas' trap. In the losses to Edmonton, Anaheim and Montreal, they didnt even get shots off, let alone ones from 40 feet out.

It wasnt a bad game at all. Sometimes you have to tip your cap to the other team

GWOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
WeWillWinTonight

Thank god Richards finally says that he's sick of hearing that same question because I sure as hell am too

WeWillWinTonight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 08:42 PM
Swept In Seven
Muh Offensive Talent

vCash: 116
Stralman is supposed to be an offensive defenseman, hence why he was on the powerplay. It was just a **** game all around, and the only good was Hank. Other then Hank, they were garbage. 34 shots does not tell the story, the story was 34 bad angle or point shots. we played on the outside and was unable to score.

Swept In Seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Dorado*

Woy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRTtoZ View Post
Guys dont place the blame on Woywitka. We knew he was mediocre and filling a hole because Staal and Sauer are out. Our offense was the issue tonight any way you slice it. A rookie unknown goalie came into MSG on a SLUMPING Dallas team and shut out one of the best teams in the East. Thats a problem.
Exactly . Bone head play by Woywitka . He has been more than serviceable . How many shots high or wide ? Not much traffic in front was there . Tough loss . Every night any team has a chance to win in this NHL . Dallas played a good road game . THR real Redden was TH PP . 0-5 I believe

+1

Dorado* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Fataldogg

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomebodySaveKreider View Post
I thought Stralman and Hank were very good.

They should've been throwing the puck to the net and getting bodies in to knock in rebounds. Way too much looking for the perfect play. Sometimes that style works, but when its not working, its time to try something else.

Not enough PP time for Gaborik. I actually think he should've been with Richards on the 4 on 4.

Woywitka with the Redden. Brutal, BRUTAL turnover.

Boyle is a dolt.

And I think we need to send a search party to go and look for Dubinsky, because he's been MIA all season. He's been getting his chance on the PP and being bumped up to the Richards/Callahan line and he did absolutely nothing.
This frustrated me most in the game. 5 minutes left, Gaborik gets 26 seconds with Dubinsky and Mitchell. Get a clue Torts.

Old
Vitto79

Bright side potentially. Are they going to call up a 7th D for the road trip?

play Erixon and sit Woywitka?

Vitto79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
satrabyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayBlues View Post
When the hell are we going to see Hagelin with Richards/Callahan?

I understand bringing him along slowly. I guess...

But at the same time it's not like he's green/raw or something.
Ricahrds would not compliment him id much rather see him with Dubi. Just leave the Richards line the way it is. Id love to see a Avery Dubi Hagelin line, that would be fun to watch. But by all means anyone who is going to take one bad play by Wowywit is crazy. the forwards were flat all game the D actually played solid, and that guy has played good, give me a ****in break.

satrabyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 08:43 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by German Way of War View Post
I thought the Rangers did a great job breaking Dallas' trap. In the losses to Edmonton, Anaheim and Montreal, they didnt even get shots off, let alone ones from 40 feet out.

It wasnt a bad game at all. Sometimes you have to tip your cap to the other team
Not a terrible game, but when you lose 1-0 to a ****ing no name rookie you can't help but be mad that you're paying a guy 4 million dollars to do nothing offensively.

BlueshirtBlitz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
OverTheCap

Quote:
Originally Posted by German Way of War View Post

Agreed, Dallas played a perfect road game. Gaborik was a non-factor, they totally shut him down.

OverTheCap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Whoot Whoot
Biased-NYR-Homer

Brutal game.

But lets move on. it's been a heavenly december, I am not concerned.

Whoot Whoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 08:44 PM
WeWillWinTonight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fataldogg View Post
Dubinsky should be on 4th line getting less than 10 minutes per game. Same with Boyle.
How many guys do you suggest to be on our fourth line don't understand what your plan is here

WeWillWinTonight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 08:44 PM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

Dallas played a perfect road game. Period. The offense as a whole was invisible, and for all their puck movement the PP generated no traffic and hardly any SOG. One bad turnover and that's all she wrote.

But yea if Boyle hit the net 2-3 times we would have won

POTG - Hank, another star to MDZ.

12-13-2011, 08:46 PM
ThisYearsModel

Dallas played a very good road game. We always seem to lose these kind of games at home. We seem to wim them on the road. Go figure. The Crusher experiment should again be over.

ThisYearsModel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
DrSutton*
Given Up

It's really just become a complete joke with Dubinsky. he has one goal in nearly 3 months. that is out and out pathetic.

DrSutton* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
SRTtoZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fataldogg View Post
So did the other 11 forwards. Why focus on him? He played a few minutes.

The real issue, Dubinsky. Bench him. He is getting paid $4.25 million and has 1 goal in 28 games. Say all you want about his "grinding" but Christensen has better goal production numbers than Dubinsky (1 in 18). Dubinsky, at this point, should be the focus of everyone's scrutiny. Not a 4th line player filling in for another 4th line player.
I agree, we can put Boyle, Dubi and EC all in the same category as useless at this point, the only difference being his 4 ****ing million dollars.

SRTtoZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 08:47 PM
Dantes19

Quote:
Originally Posted by RL605 View Post
Woywitka was a complete joke. What a terrible pass to no one but the Stars and then looking like a deer in the headlights before the goal.

I see where you're coming from, and I also found his actions on that sequence to be maddening, but...

At the same time you have to keep in mind that this is Jeff Woywitka. I know that play really shouldn't ever happen no matter who it is, but there's a reason this guy was on waivers earlier this year. I guess my point is that, with guys like Woywitka, you have to expect a certain number of ****-ups. You just can't expect him to come in and play a flawless game -- he's not on that level. When you have this guy in your top 6 every night, he's bound to make some frustrating mistakes.

That play was within his power to make, but he didn't, and that's why he's Jeff Woywitka, that's why he was on waivers, and that's why we have to keep realistic expectations with guys like him and Stralman.

Dantes19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 08:47 PM
Kane One
Global Moderator
🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨

vCash: 2960
This game won't ruin my Hanukkah.