HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

3 Stars & GBR: Game 28 vs. Dallas Stars

View Poll Results: 3 Stars?
Artem Anisimov 2 3.39%
Ryan Callahan 0 0%
Michael Del Zotto 21 35.59%
Brandon Dubinsky 8 13.56%
Steve Eminger 11 18.64%
Ruslan Fedotenko 0 0%
Marian Gaborik 2 3.39%
Dan Girardi 3 5.08%
Carl Hagelin 6 10.17%
Henrik Lundqvist 57 96.61%
Ryan McDonagh 9 15.25%
Brad Richards 0 0%
Derek Stepan 2 3.39%
Anton Stralman 23 38.98%
Other 1 1.69%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Old
12-13-2011, 09:47 PM
JeffMangum
~anger~

vCash: 50
On another note...did Eriksson even play tonight? I don't think he had the puck once....

12-13-2011, 09:48 PM
BBKers

vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
If Rupp returns for the road trip I guess Avery will be waived, itīll go nutz here then. Or Christ waived ???

BBKers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Silence Of The Plams
Zemgod

vCash: 476
Must replace poopwitka. Call up Erixon.

Silence Of The Plams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Glen Teflon Sather
Like A Boss

Send a message via AIM to Glen Teflon Sather
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fataldogg View Post
So did the other 11 forwards. Why focus on him? He played a few minutes.

The real issue, Dubinsky. Bench him. He is getting paid $4.25 million and has 1 goal in 28 games. Say all you want about his "grinding" but Christensen has better goal production numbers than Dubinsky (1 in 18). Dubinsky, at this point, should be the focus of everyone's scrutiny. Not a 4th line player filling in for another 4th line player.
Thank you! Well said! I'm sick and tired of the ****ing people on here who cry about Avery. He plays 5 minutes a night and has little to no impact on the game. But because Devils fans and Brodeur, Clarkson, and Kovalchuk hate him he's the man around here. He plays the greatest 5 minutes a game I've ever seen

Glen Teflon Sather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
lbrowne

Seen this one a mile away. Pretty much knew when Woywitka made that soft play that late in the game it was going in the net from the moment it left his stick lol. Had that feeling.

Trying to be too cute on the PP, pass-pass-shoot when you're really needing a goal.

I know Del Zotto played pretty good, but I'm tired of him missing so many shots.

lbrowne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 09:50 PM
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers

Boyle should sit for a game. EC should GTFO.

Ih8theislanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Callagraves
Block shots

I'm not even mad.
The New York Rangers didn't show up tonight. They kept it close in a defense game, and once botched play ended it.

It wasn't a disgrace, it wasn't a brutal beatdown. It was hardly a hockey game. Even Cally couldn't seem to find a way to make a difference. I'll be watching for the rebound game.

Callagraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
IBleedNYRBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantes19 View Post
I see where you're coming from, and I also found his actions on that sequence to be maddening, but...

At the same time you have to keep in mind that this is Jeff Woywitka. I know that play really shouldn't ever happen no matter who it is, but there's a reason this guy was on waivers earlier this year. I guess my point is that, with guys like Woywitka, you have to expect a certain number of ****-ups. You just can't expect him to come in and play a flawless game -- he's not on that level. When you have this guy in your top 6 every night, he's bound to make some frustrating mistakes.

That play was within his power to make, but he didn't, and that's why he's Jeff Woywitka, that's why he was on waivers, and that's why we have to keep realistic expectations with guys like him and Stralman.
I agree completely.

I don't expect him to be like Staal, but he sucks and i'd rather have Erixon in there for him.

IBleedNYRBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 09:51 PM
WeWillWinTonight

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbrowne View Post
I know Del Zotto played pretty good, but I'm tired of him missing so many shots.
One of those will turn into a huge goal for the other team at least once this season

WeWillWinTonight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Vitto79

Quote:
Seen this one a mile away. Pretty much knew when Woywitka made that soft play that late in the game it was going in the net from the moment it left his stick lol. Had that feeling.

Trying to be too cute on the PP, pass-pass-shoot when you're really needing a goal.

I did too, it was as pass to know one, he could of flipped it up in the air and had a better result................then I yelled you Fn idiot a thousand times, lol

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Fataldogg

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeWillWinTonight View Post
How many guys do you suggest to be on our fourth line don't understand what your plan is here
Hagelin / Mitchell should be third line.

Dubinsky / Boyle should be 4th line with limited 5-on-5 ice time. A 1 goal and 2 goal player, through 28 games, no matter how good they are defensively, doesn't cut it for a 3rd line getting 15 minutes per game.

They should get 4th line 5-on-5 minutes and be utilized on the PK solely. That's it.

Hagelin / Mitchell have already generated more offensively in their short tenure on the team, and Hagelin's speed makes him a defensive asset.

Fataldogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
coogz13

Send a message via AIM to coogz13
The bottom line is that Woywitka, for what he is, has been servicable. Games like tonight where he makes a boneheaded play are ultimately why he's waiver garbage in the first place.

When you run a guy like that out on your pairings late in a game, it will bite you in the ass on occasion. we've gotten mostly good results out of him until tonight and this was bound to happen.

it's like someone buying an old beaten car and wondering why it occasionally has break downs.

we paid the price tonight

coogz13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Silence Of The Plams
Zemgod

vCash: 476
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih8theislanders View Post
Boyle should sit for a game. EC should GTFO.
What ever happened to that Yogan Kid? give hima chance

Silence Of The Plams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 09:52 PM
JeffMangum
~anger~

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callagraves View Post
I'm not even mad.
The New York Rangers didn't show up tonight. They kept it close in a defense game, and once botched play ended it.

It wasn't a disgrace, it wasn't a brutal beatdown. It was hardly a hockey game. Even Cally couldn't seem to find a way to make a difference. I'll be watching for the rebound game.
Eh...this was a pretty disgraceful game of "hockey". It wasn't even hockey, it was dump the puck in and repeat. Ridiculously boring.

JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
darko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
On another note...did Eriksson even play tonight? I don't think he had the puck once....

Couple chances early in the game but was quiet after that.

darko is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
satrabyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4th Line Grinder View Post
Thank you! Well said! I'm sick and tired of the ****ing people on here who cry about Avery. He plays 5 minutes a night and has little to no impact on the game. But because Devils fans and Brodeur, Clarkson, and Kovalchuk hate him he's the man around here. He plays the greatest 5 minutes a game I've ever seen
Its useless for stubborn people like you who cant get the benefit of Avery in the lineup. Ok Christ who was making snow angels on the ice and turning pucks over all night with little effort at all was much better. Avery who huscles and forechecks and creates a shot for other players is useless yep he has no impact.

satrabyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 09:53 PM
satrabyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fataldogg View Post
Hagelin / Mitchell should be third line.

Dubinsky / Boyle should be 4th line with limited 5-on-5 ice time. A 1 goal and 2 goal player, through 28 games, no matter how good they are defensively, doesn't cut it for a 3rd line getting 15 minutes per game.

They should get 4th line 5-on-5 minutes and be utilized on the PK solely. That's it.

Hagelin / Mitchell have already generated more offensively in their short tenure on the team, and Hagelin's speed makes him a defensive asset.
Im not huge on Mitchell but Hagelin deserves atleast a solid 10-12 minutes a game with his play.

satrabyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 09:54 PM
NYRangers16

we all know that guys like Woywitka and Stralman are going to screw up now and then - this is the price you pay by havng Sauer and Staal out. You can't plug in a career 7th Dman and expect miracles. It will cost us some games and you see it tonight. In fact, I'd argue we've been lucky that this hasnt happened sooner or more often. We've done surprisingly well without our best Dman all year and our 4th best for big chunks.

Perspective is a wonderful thing to have...

NYRangers16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 09:54 PM
Dantes19

Quote:

Yeah, a guy like Woywitka can only thrive as long as things are kept relatively simple for him. Make simple outlet passes, cover basic defensive responsiblity...he should be OK. Having to skate backwards, make a quick transition to D coverage, & play against an odd man rush is the type of situation that got him put on waivers.

But, then again it was a relatively simple outlet pass that he ****ed up in the first place. So I guess that defeats my theory But it's Woywitka -- him ****ing up can't really surprise us too much.

Dantes19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 09:55 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Fact is, you need to score on guys like this.

Fact is, Dubinsky is the biggest disappointment this season.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 09:56 PM
MisterUnspoken
Vintage

Send a message via AIM to MisterUnspoken
Rangers did not play poorly. I thought they played well. That goalie was a rock and we had no creativity on offense whatsoever. I'm giving a lot of credit to Dallas for their play, because let's face it they clogged the lanes, blocked shots, and made the one play they needed to to win.

Come out hard against St. Louis and get a W.

MisterUnspoken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Dantes19

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogz13 View Post
The bottom line is that Woywitka, for what he is, has been servicable. Games like tonight where he makes a boneheaded play are ultimately why he's waiver garbage in the first place.

When you run a guy like that out on your pairings late in a game, it will bite you in the ass on occasion. we've gotten mostly good results out of him until tonight and this was bound to happen.

it's like someone buying an old beaten car and wondering why it occasionally has break downs.

we paid the price tonight

I agree, very well put. We've been pretty fortunate so far with how things have gone with Eminger & Woywitka (and now Stralman). But your old car analogy is spot on.

Dantes19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
DrSutton*
Given Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
Fact is, you need to score on guys like this.

Fact is, Dubinsky is the biggest disappointment this season.
Seriously. He could be playing himself into Sather's next deal. He better get his head out of his ass soon.

DrSutton* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 09:57 PM
Glen Teflon Sather
Like A Boss

Send a message via AIM to Glen Teflon Sather
Quote:
Originally Posted by satrabyk View Post
Its useless for stubborn people like you who cant get the benefit of Avery in the lineup. Ok Christ who was making snow angels on the ice and turning pucks over all night with little effort at all was much better. Avery who huscles and forechecks and creates a shot for other players is useless yep he has no impact.
He plays 5 minutes a game! What don't people like you understand? Unless it's the Flyers or Devils he does nothing. I get it, he's entertaining and a hell raiser, for for God's sake people need to get their heads out of their ***** around here with the Avery loyalty. And as for Christensen getting pp time, that's just a testament to the team on how much they lack talent

Glen Teflon Sather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 09:58 PM
Wraparounds
Powerful Wizard

All I want for Christmas:
Less Boyle, less Christensen, less Woywitka.
More Hagelin, more shots on net.
Dubinsky to pull his head out of his rectum.

Wraparounds is offline   Reply With Quote