HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Grachev assigned to Peoria (recalled again 12/13)

Old
12-07-2011, 03:19 PM
Stang

vCash: 500
Grachev assigned to Peoria (recalled again 12/13)

Jeremy Rutherford
Blues assign Evgeny Grachev to Peoria.
just now from TweetDeck

Last edited by Stang: 12-13-2011 at 06:48 PM.
Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 03:23 PM
bleedblue1223
Fire Army

vCash: 130
This is probably best for him. If he goes to Peoria and produces offensively and gets his confidence going, he could become a valuable asset if we get some injuries.

bleedblue1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 03:23 PM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

With Perron back and Reaves playing so well when he's in, hard to see when Grachev would crack the lineup next, and you want the kid to play.

PocketNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 03:48 PM
execwrite

Good move. He showed enough in training camp to make him a legit prospect. Still very young.

execwrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 05:31 PM
2 Minute Minor
Hi Keeba!

vCash: 50
I take that to mean Crombeen is close to ready. Or maybe not. Minutes on the 4th line are going to be hard to come by. Project a line-up with McDonald and Crombeen back....and you get some painful healthy scratches.

2 Minute Minor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 05:56 PM
SirPaste
Use The Schwartz!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Minute Minor View Post
I take that to mean Crombeen is close to ready. Or maybe not. Minutes on the 4th line are going to be hard to come by. Project a line-up with McDonald and Crombeen back....and you get some painful healthy scratches.
Thats why I think a move will be made before everyone comes back. But I dont see McDonald coming back anytime soon.

SirPaste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 07:24 PM
STL fan in IA

This'll be good for Grachev. He lost his roster spot and then faced an even harder time getting in the lineup once Perron returned so Peoria makes sense. He should get a lot of prime icetime there. I think he'll make a good NHL 2nd or 3rd liner in time.

Porter makes sense to keep as the 13th guy and put in there in place of Reaves when speed is needed more than toughness.

Unfortunately, I don't think the Blues are going to have to figure out rosters including McDonald for a while. The last that I've heard on Crombeen is that he's on target for a January return. He recently started skating in practice again but with the red no-contact jersey.

STL fan in IA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 07:35 PM
Crumblin Erb Brooks

He earned his spot out of camp, but it became clear that the AHL is the best place for him. He still has yet to show that he can score in a pro league, and the NHL isnt the place where he will be able to get the minutes he needs.

He was a serviceable enough player when he was here, but if he wants to develop into a scorer, he needs to show that he can do it in the AHL first.

Crumblin Erb Brooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 05:57 PM
Bills09

Grachev recalled.

http://blues.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=606249

Bills09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 06:04 PM
execwrite

As expected. I was hoping Cracknell got the call. Liked his work last year as a fill in.

But Grachev could help also. He should a couple of games in the next few weeks, a lot more if D'Ags can't go.

execwrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 06:18 PM
Elever
Hth

Roster freeze I think...he's gonna stay up for a while unless he gets sent back down after today with another call-up but I doubt that.

EDIT: Didn't seem to score in Peiora but the reviews were that he looked good and also played physical.

Elever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 06:58 PM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

If Stewart worked as hard and played as physically as Grachev plays, none of us wold be complaining about him, even if he weren't scoring. It's kind of strange how Grachev has no numbers/production to show for all that effort but he clearly works hard and is a strong forechecker most shifts.

Dave Eminian (@icetimecleve) was tweeting during Peoria games that Grachev looked a level above the competition during games. Man amongst boys was one of the tweets IIRC. It sure would be nice to see him get a few goals on his return, maybe he just needs a couple goals to get over a certain confidence hump. I honestly wouldn't hate seeing him with Perron and Berglund, because you know he'll work hard and forecheck well, keeping possession alive for the other two to convert.

PocketNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 08:07 PM
rumrokh
Jake the Snake Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketNines View Post
If Stewart worked as hard and played as physically as Grachev plays, none of us wold be complaining about him, even if he weren't scoring. It's kind of strange how Grachev has no numbers/production to show for all that effort but he clearly works hard and is a strong forechecker most shifts.

Dave Eminian (@icetimecleve) was tweeting during Peoria games that Grachev looked a level above the competition during games. Man amongst boys was one of the tweets IIRC. It sure would be nice to see him get a few goals on his return, maybe he just needs a couple goals to get over a certain confidence hump. I honestly wouldn't hate seeing him with Perron and Berglund, because you know he'll work hard and forecheck well, keeping possession alive for the other two to convert.
Yep. As long as the Blues are winning, I can't complain, but I am way down for Grachev consistently on a line where somebody else can create space for him and control the puck instead of relying on him for both at all times.

rumrokh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 09:30 PM
BluesRiver

Quote:
Originally Posted by execwrite View Post
As expected. I was hoping Cracknell got the call. Liked his work last year as a fill in.

But Grachev could help also. He should a couple of games in the next few weeks, a lot more if D'Ags can't go.
I like Grachev's hard-working style and hope he gets a couple goals real soon, but I, too, was hoping Cracknell got the call. During the summer it seemed that he may have had a really good chance to make the team out of camp until Arnott and Langenbrunner were signed.

BluesRiver is offline   Reply With Quote