HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Gm #30 : Kings @ Bruins, 12/13/11, Postgame LOSS Drunken Idiots edition

Old
12-13-2011, 09:56 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

vCash: 500
Maybe they were playing like a kid who knows that they have royally **** up and are waiting for the dad to get home and break out the belt?

sj, I think you don't give enough credit regarding the knowledge of some of the posters here. I think it breaks down to frustration and nothing more. We have a very good roster and will be fine once things settle down. I still see us a playoff team. Of course, Daryl might come in and be unable to get the attention of the room but I am willing to bet he will.

Either way, goalie makes great saves, d break the puck out forwards move it up the ice and if all goes well GOAL. See, its easy enough....right?
;P

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 09:56 PM
Chazz Reinhold

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjmay View Post
LOL,

Well, I missed the first and the last half of the third,

Good to see no one here changes,

I thought LA looked pretty good in the 2nd, from what I saw, Doughty looked much better, Clifford looked much better,

Williams is playing himself out of LA, he will be one of the first casualties,

Good thing to know that it's not a coaching issue though eh? You would think despite Sutter not being there, that players would be playing to impress the new coach, hmmmm...yea, maybe it is on the players,

I still find that you guys show no knowledge of what OFFENSE actually is, you definitely know what the end result is, GOALS, and that is where the Kings have the problems, the end result, not the process,

But hey, keep on throwing buzz words around like you know what they mean lol,

Anyways, if the road trip continues like it is, I see Williams and possibly Martinez being packaged away...for...anything.
At one point in the second period the shots were 17-17, but the Bruins had 16 scoring chances compared to just 5 for the Kings. That speaks volumes about what was going on out there.

Chazz Reinhold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 09:59 PM
Shellz

Quote:
Originally Posted by DP View Post
It's a tough one when Drewiski is more involved in the offense than Doughty. #8 better step up or that contract will be one of the worst in the league. Williams, Gagne and Hunter are breasts on bulls...useless. I feel bad for Scuds and Quick, both deserve better.
Totally disagree. Doughty was creating a lot of chances. One of the better players tonight

Shellz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 10:01 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Boston failed to finish on a lot more scoring chances than the Kings. When you are out-chanced 3 to 1, you are going to lose most nights.

Shots are not created equal. The Kings attacked the middle more this game, but you could tell they were out of sync. It's like they were trying to break out of Murray's influence but couldn't quite get it going. Still too many low percentage shots.

Sydor25 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 10:03 PM
sjmay*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
Maybe they were playing like a kid who knows that they have royally **** up and are waiting for the dad to get home and break out the belt?

sj, I think you don't give enough credit regarding the knowledge of some of the posters here. I think it breaks down to frustration and nothing more. We have a very good roster and will be fine once things settle down. I still see us a playoff team. Of course, Daryl might come in and be unable to get the attention of the room but I am willing to bet he will.

Either way, goalie makes great saves, d break the puck out forwards move it up the ice and if all goes well GOAL. See, its easy enough....right?
;P
TG,

There are some that know, and some that recite the latest cliched buzzwords in an attempt to make it look like they know the game.

Everyone in the world knows the Kings are underacheiving, they say there is a lack of offense, which is wrong, it's a lack of finish.

As soon as the chances stop that is the time to worry, you know that.

The chances are still there, have always been there, the finish is gone, and that is the problem.

The longer it goes, the more frustrated the team goes, the tighter they hold their sticks until......it blows up and voila, a coach is fired,

Bringing in a new coach isn't going to make the Kings finish any better, hopefully he will relieve the pressure a bit, and just get them to play a simpler game, F1 on the puck, F2 drive the net, F3 high slot, SSD on the wall, WSD kitty corner F3, and just get back to basics, support the puck, pass and fill, and throw the kitchen sink at the net and crash.

Does anyone really think the Kings care if it's a garbage goal or a pretty goal at this point, I am positive they would take a game of goals off the knees, elbows and teeth right about now than another 0-1 goal game.

sjmay* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 10:03 PM
deeshamrock

Quote:
Anyways, if the road trip continues like it is, I see Williams and possibly Martinez being packaged away...for...anything.
Williams won't be alone, lombardi called out certain players yesterday for a reason. And if he watched this fiasco tonight, he outta see this team needs a change in leadership and personnel.
Anything not named richards, quick and kopitar are fair game

And it's no coincidence this team is 0-5 without Richards . He's the leader of this team in just about every key aspect of the game. That lack of confidence, that's his direction missing. They might get lucky against columbus, but no way as bad as they are playing they beat the RedWings or Leafs.

Hopefully MR is healed by the San Jose game...

As bad as this looks, the Flyers were worse when Stevens was fired in 2009 and continued to fail under Lavvy, sliding downward and only made the playoffs on a shootout.
That turned them around and they completely changed and did a great run to the Cup finals. With a 1st line goaltender, they might have won.

So I think if Lombardi is serious, he needs to shake this team up and make at least one big trade, involving top 6 forwards and a minor one with other players. Bring in a new coach, maybe a new assisstant for offense and change the leadership on ice. There is 50 games left and all they need is to get in the playoffs...finishing at the top would be a bonus but a hot goalie and a good D with the right chantges up front would work.

deeshamrock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 10:05 PM
sjmay*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
Boston failed to finish on a lot more scoring chances than the Kings. When you are out-chanced 3 to 1, you are going to lose most nights.

Shots are not created equal. The Kings attacked the middle more this game, but you could tell they were out of sync. It's like they were trying to break out of Murray's influence but couldn't quite get it going. Still too many low percentage shots.
Attack the middle is damned hard to do when there are 5 guys there,

Do you remember, 2nd period, Westgarth of all people, took the puck from behind the net and tried to "attack the middle" remember what happened?

There is a reason players don't "attack" the middle head on and move the puck around waiting for a seam to open up, that is what the Kings were doing, and they were doing it well, at least for the time period I watched them in,

The 2nd and 3rd goals were absolute garbage goals, **** goals that shouldn't have happened. 1.) You NEVER lose a faceoff that clean, PLUS if you are going out to block a shot, keep your damn legs together, there is a reason why Westgarth was pissed, the 3rd goal, was piss poor play in their own zone, I don't remember who was out there, but 2 guys in the corner, and the 3rd guy high up on the hashmarks, that's just brutal.

Old
12-13-2011, 10:07 PM
sjmay*

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeshamrock View Post
Williams won't be alone, lombardi called out certain players yesterday for a reason. And if he watched this fiasco tonight, he outta see this team needs a change in leadership and personnel.
Anything not named richards, quick and kopitar are fair game

And it's no coincidence this team is 0-5 without Richards . He's the leader of this team in just about every key aspect of the game. That lack of confidence, that's his direction missing. They might get lucky against columbus, but no way as bad as they are playing they beat the RedWings or Leafs.

Hopefully MR is healed by the San Jose game...

As bad as this looks, the Flyers were worse when Stevens was fired in 2009 and continued to fail under Lavvy, sliding downward and only made the playoffs on a shootout.
That turned them around and they completely changed and did a great run to the Cup finals. With a 1st line goaltender, they might have won.

So I think if Lombardi is serious, he needs to shake this team up and make at least one big trade, involving top 6 forwards and a minor one with other players. Bring in a new coach, maybe a new assisstant for offense and change the leadership on ice. There is 50 games left and all they need is to get in the playoffs...finishing at the top would be a bonus but a hot goalie and a good D with the right chantges up front would work.
I agree, which is why I mentioned Dustin Brown in another thread, I think Williams is the first one to get moved though, depending on the return, I would move Williams for a speedier 3rd/4th liner, you have a top six of Kopitar, Richards, Brown, Gagne, Penner, then you let Lotkionov sink or swim, or Richardson, or Clifford, Clifford looked good in tonight's game, give him an audition on a linke with Richards and Brown see if that clicks...

Old
12-13-2011, 10:13 PM
Theav8tr

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerniernextRoy View Post
Can't wait for Sutter to come in and rip these guys a new one.
AGREE! I have never been a Sutter fan, but at this point, its exactly what these players deserve right now...a boot in the A$$!!! He simply won't tolerate the uninspired play. I just don't get it...when they go down 2-0, they had a shot of the bench with Stevens in the background with everyone all calm etc. Where is the "knock the **** off boys and pick it up..." speech by someone??? Throw a fricken chair onto the ice or something. Or like Jim has mentioned a few games back....get angry and take it out on the other team. Show some frickin passion, emotion, something for once...This is why I don't mind Sutter at this point. Even if it does cost DL his job, at least we might see some inspired play and if not, players will be shipped out.

Enough is enough. I don't care what the players are going through, they are paid very well and should be playing their a##es off and I just don't see it and its disturbing!

Theav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 10:13 PM
Scottkmlps

Quote:
TG,

There are some that know, and some that recite the latest cliched buzzwords in an attempt to make it look like they know the game.

Everyone in the world knows the Kings are underacheiving, they say there is a lack of offense, which is wrong, it's a lack of finish.

As soon as the chances stop that is the time to worry, you know that.

The chances are still there, have always been there, the finish is gone, and that is the problem.

The longer it goes, the more frustrated the team goes, the tighter they hold their sticks until......it blows up and voila, a coach is fired,

Bringing in a new coach isn't going to make the Kings finish any better, hopefully he will relieve the pressure a bit, and just get them to play a simpler game, F1 on the puck, F2 drive the net, F3 high slot, SSD on the wall, WSD kitty corner F3, and just get back to basics, support the puck, pass and fill, and throw the kitchen sink at the net and crash.

Does anyone really think the Kings care if it's a garbage goal or a pretty goal at this point, I am positive they would take a game of goals off the knees, elbows and teeth right about now than another 0-1 goal game.
Sutter's system is about crashing the net. In my opinion, Sutter's system somewhat resembles what you saw out of the Bruins tonight.

Scottkmlps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 10:15 PM
Bandit

Quote:
Clifford looked good in tonight's game, give him an audition on a linke with Richards and Brown see if that clicks...
I disagree, Clifford was as terrible tonight as he has been all season. The only way he looks "good" is if he agitating, hitting, and caving peoples faces in. He's done none of that all year.

Bandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 10:16 PM
sjmay*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottkmlps View Post
Sutter's system is about crashing the net. In my opinion, Sutter's system somewhat resembles what you saw out of the Bruins tonight.
That would be a welcome change, it's a bit harder to do these days, but it would be a change,

Clifford had a shift where he was driving hard, and he chose to go to the outside around the back of the net, I wanted to clothesline him, drive the damn net, multitude of things could happen,

1.) You get one helluva scoring chance
2.) You draw a penalty
3.) The defense pokes the puck free, but you still have the momentum and can get back in a hurry,

Driving to the outside around the back of the net, you have this option

1.) move the puck to the point
2.) go up the sidewall put it back in the corner,

Which option do you choose?

Old
12-13-2011, 10:17 PM
sjmay*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandit View Post
I disagree, Clifford was as terrible tonight as he has been all season. The only way he looks "good" is if he agitating, hitting, and caving peoples faces in. He's done none of that all year.
Could have just been the time period I watched, he was moving and handling the puck pretty good.

Old
12-13-2011, 10:17 PM
Fat Elvis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellz View Post
Totally disagree. Doughty was creating a lot of chances. One of the better players tonight
Ah, your right tonight. I'm frustrated watching this car wreck. Stoll has been very bad, williams, gagne and Hunter are invisible. Doughty has still got to be better. Grow the stash and be the Cheech Martin look-a-like, but he has got to start dominating games like the elite dmen do(and he has in the past).

Fat Elvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 10:23 PM
cheap77
Go Kings!

It's sad, but I kinda expected this to happen. I didn't think Stevens would do much because he seems like Murray v1.3 and now comes Sutter. Sutter (TM2.0) seems like a meaner grid it out version of Murray, and I don't know if he will help much. I guess time will tell... All I ask is if they are going to lose, lose every game possible. #1 pick is looking pretty good.

cheap77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 10:25 PM
Bandit

Quote:
Could have just been the time period I watched, he was moving and handling the puck pretty good.
Yeah he was, my point is that he's not out there to move the puck or score goals, he's out there to beat ass.

Honestly, it didn't really matter what happened in the game tonight. It was going to be an odd one whether they won 8-0 or lost 1-0 and doesn't really tell a lot about how this team is going to respond going forward.

Bandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 10:33 PM
Scottkmlps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kopi11 View Post
It's sad, but I kinda expected this to happen. I didn't think Stevens would do much because he seems like Murray v1.3 and now comes Sutter. Sutter (TM2.0) seems like a meaner grid it out version of Murray, and I don't know if he will help much. I guess time will tell... All I ask is if they are going to lose, lose every game possible. #1 pick is looking pretty good.
Sutter is not TM2.0. Go back and watch the Flames run to the finals and than tell me he is TM2.0.

Scottkmlps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 10:34 PM
sjmay*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandit View Post
Yeah he was, my point is that he's not out there to move the puck or score goals, he's out there to beat ass.

Honestly, it didn't really matter what happened in the game tonight. It was going to be an odd one whether they won 8-0 or lost 1-0 and doesn't really tell a lot about how this team is going to respond going forward.
Sorry, wait, what?

You think Clifford was terrible because he was moving well and handling the puck well, but he didn't beat ass???

Wow...really?

Old
12-13-2011, 10:36 PM
Shellz

Quote:
Originally Posted by DP View Post
Ah, your right tonight. I'm frustrated watching this car wreck. Stoll has been very bad, williams, gagne and Hunter are invisible. Doughty has still got to be better. Grow the stash and be the Cheech Martin look-a-like, but he has got to start dominating games like the elite dmen do(and he has in the past).
Agree with that. But, it is nice to see some players are still trying. Williams is just terrible right now. I don't get it. I really don't. When he is bad, he is down right awful. I think we aren't going to see much of a change until a coach comes in and installs a game plan. Stevens isn't doing anything. He is leaving it up to the players. Which I somewhat agree with.

Gotta keep the faith. GO KINGS!

Shellz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 11:31 PM
THEKingsFanInRI
This must be a dream

Posting this before reading thread...

I just got home from the Fleet Center (I don't care what TD Bank calls that place) and I have never been more disgusted with this team in my 33 years as a fan.

I got there during warmups and immediately made my way down to the glass. What I saw was a bunch of guys who appeared to have no interest in being on the ice. They all looked tight, bored or maybe disheveled. Whatever the look was it sure wasn't to be confused with "we have a game with the defending champs and we better get our a#### in gear."

They had a chance to change all that early when Penner missed that empty net, and while I don't think that took the wind out of their sails (since there was no wind there to begin with) it certainly could have given them a huge boost.

After that, there was nothing to indicate there was any hope of life in the team at all. Even my wife looked at me at one point and said "They don't look like they're trying; like they're going through the motions." Every period as they came onto the ice they looked like they were getting ready for an NNHA game at Iceland in Paramount (is that place still even open?).

Once again, I have not read the thread yet, so if this has been brought up I'm sorry, but the 41 shots does not impress me. There is a big difference between 41 shots and 14 groups of 3 shots... to put it another way, the absence of rebound and second chances was a huge indicator of how lost this team was tonight.

I managed to spot DL and RH in the press box and it was comical how DL never moved. He just sat there holding his chin in his hand the whole night. At the end of the game I saw a grey-haired gentleman come up to DL, say something and quickly walk away. Thought for a second it might be Sutter, but I'm 99.99999% sure it wasn't.

Also want to complain about two other things...
The first two faceoffs that took place in the Bruins' zone tonight (first one :09 into the game) saw the 4th line and the 3rd line take them. Who does that? The Kopi line starts the game and comes off after 9 seconds with an offensive zone faceoff. Stevens also juggled the lines after 20 minutes.

We were so close...

Last edited by THEKingsFanInRI: 12-13-2011 at 11:48 PM.
THEKingsFanInRI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 11:57 PM
DocWest
2012 & 2014 Champs

Hey guys look at the silver lining. It's impossible to score less than zero goals, so we can't get any worse on the offensive front.

DocWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 12:01 AM
eagleman30

even with rask in net we still couldn't get a puck past him, this is starting to tick me off, quick is busting his ass out there every night and the kings can't score beans and the thing about it is they probably have the best talent in the nhl, something better be done, and quick, no way in hell I'm letting my team be compared to the blue jackets

eagleman30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 12:01 AM
eagleman30

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocWest View Post
Hey guys look at the silver lining. It's impossible to score less than zero goals, so we can't get any worse on the offensive front.
hahahahahahahahaha

eagleman30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 12:05 AM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKopitar11 View Post
goodbye deano.
You will see some players leaving before that happens.

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 12:10 AM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
Wow, I thought nobody loves a quitter.
Yeah, if you can't love yourself who can?

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote